“Same as it ever was”

Dining options: Reservations
New Castle, Delaware
“Same as it ever was”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was up in the old neighborhood over the weekend, and thought I would check out Abacus. When my family first moved to the Lansdale area in 1986, it was one of a handful of places to eat in greater Lansdale. 25+ years later, it endures. The menu consists of traditional Chinese-American dishes, many of which you are already familiar with. Most of the dishes are around $15-$17. If you opt for an up-charge of $3.95, you get an egg roll, soup, and ice cream as a dessert. Including a pot of tea and tip for the server, you get a hearty meal for 2 for around $40.

• Visited July 2013

Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Dissappointed!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I placed a take out order yesterday, picked it up at 3PM. went home to eat.

I opened the containers, and it was obvious this food (General Chicken, Pork Fried Rice) had been sitting around for awhile. I had taken my son for lunch last month and the food was fresh and delicious, and I had the General Tso then as well. A week later I took my boyfriend for dinner and also very tasty. SO WHY, when I want take out between lunch and dinner, do I receive that which no one ordered, but was cooked and waiting?! I payed dearly for what I thought was going to be a great meal, only to be very disappointed! Won't be returning anytime soon because of this horrid experience. Some years ago this would never have happened:(

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good eggplant!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an okay neighborhood Chinese restaurant. My grandkids like the wonton soup and I particularly like their eggplant.

Visited January 2013
“Not what I ordrted”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Spent over $55 on take-out and didn't get what I ordered and what I got was bland and tasteless. It's fast food Chinese. The sauces are watery and the stir fry had large chunks of end cut zucchini, there were no Jillian peppers or onions. Buy a sharp knife and a Chinese cook book.

Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“Reliable Chinese fare”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A surprisingly good restaurant in a very plain location. Once inside, the atmosphere is pleasant, with white paper lanterns and an enormous decorative fish tank. Joe, the host, is always welcoming. The food is a tad more expensive than store-front Chinese, but it is much better than the usual. On a recent visit, the only disappointment was an eggplant side dish. A special shrimp with papaya meal was a delight, both visually and in taste. Likewise, the sea bass special was excellent. Others in our party ordered from the regular menu, and were pleased with their selections. There is no liquor license, but you are welcome to bring your own wine. Some diners around us brought beer. No corkage fee. Minor complaints: we were not offered tea; duck sauce was not replenished when it was used up; no chopsticks. Overall, a good experience at a reasonable cost.

• Visited October 2012