“Great food. Horribly slow service.”

Via Marconi Smokehouse Tavern
Ranked #29 of 123 Restaurants in Lansdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place could be so great. The problem is the service is just so slow. Its not so much the servers fault, there just isnt enough of them. Also they seem to really be in need of some sort of floor manager. The hostesses are always nice and friendly and so are the wait staff. While there the bartender had no idea how to change the channels on the tvs to put on the game we wanted to watch. It took her over 15 minutes to figure it out. Then when our food came out, the food runner took our food and walked it all around the bar seeming to auction it off. We were not at the bar so he took the food back to the kitchen and then it sat under the heat lamp for another 10 minutes until he figured it out. And can we please stop with the customer bringing up their check to the hostess? Is this a diner or a restaurant? Get the waitress to take care of our bill. This is falling into the trap that a lot of successful restaurants fall in to. They are very crowded and doing well so they think that the status quo is working. They dont hire new staff cause they are doing so well but their service suffers. It will start to decline once people get fed up with the slow service.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We really like some of the food--the pulled pork and turkey and big burgers and the tenderloin sandwich. We usually sit at the bar, and depending on the bartender, the service can be great or lousy. There's one bartender in particular who tends to ignore everybody, which can be annoying, especially since we usually go in when it's not very crowded. The menu doesn't have a lot of entrees--it's mostly sandwiches and pizza, etc.--but it's good for lunch or a very casual dinner.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I was hoping to find a new BBQ place but sadly this is not it. The space was previously one of my favorite restaurants, Cravings. There is no atmosphere, decor or even the feeling that you are welcome upon entering. My 2 interactions with staff made me feel like I was putting them out, since I needed them to get off of their seats to ring up my food. The food might have been ok but someone tightly wrapped all of our meat items in plastic so it more or less was steamed; no crusting just rubbery texture. I don't have high hopes that this will make it, stick with wings and beer!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great place with yummy barbecue and fun bar! Loved it! They have outdoor seating and a lot of big screen televisions.

1  Thank corny
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Or family of six was given a quiet corner large six person booth. Otherwise the place was quite noisy. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. Menu featured pizza and hamburgs. Appetizer nachos were tasty and at our request, several ingredients were placed in small bowls on the side. The pulled pork minestrone soup was too good to complain about the fact it was not hot. The "medium" hamburgs were well done. I hate to think what a "well done" would look like. The half racks of ribs were the biggest portions of ribs I've ever seen. I got the Smokehouse BBQ sauce and wouldn't get it again. The strong smoke flavor taste lasted unpleasantly for hours afterwards. The sweet potato fries were delicious, but after the ribs, there was no way to finish them. We left a lot of food on our plates. Good place for hearty eaters.