“Best Fresh Fresh Fresh Sushi!”
Review of Umai

Umai
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Lansdale
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've probably been here 50 times and eaten everything on the menu. This is the freshest sushi I've ever eaten and I eat sushi all the time and all over the world. Chef Fay will make you whatever you want and you will instantly be treated like family. I love to sit at the sushi bar and chat with them and share my wine with them while they make my meal. I have taken a ton of people who are sushi "experts" here and everyone agrees the price is right, the ambience is perfect and the sushi is the best and the freshest.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Have eaten here 3 times over 2 years: two times dinner, yesterday lunch. From the greeting as you enter (as if you were some long-lost cousin) to the just-right perfect food with really fresh fish, to the complimentary kale and apple juice (mmmm). EVERYTHING I've eaten here was the right quality, freshness, consistency and taste. Someone in the kitchen and at the sushi bar really cares. I stay at the Homewood Suites across the road, and this is THE place to eat.

I have not been to a better place for sushi anywhere in the US. Only in Tokyo can you find better. And a lot in Tokyo would be worse! Can't im,agine anyone being unhappy with the food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've had dinner in this little gem of a Japanese restaurant.....never lunch, until today that is. Umai's lunch menu is served with soup or salad. I had the sushi & sashimi box which came with both, including a seaweed salad and the most amazingly fresh and delicious spicy tuna and 7 pcs of delectable sashimi. No matter what time of day you enter you are always greeted with HAI. The wait staff is friendly, polite and helpful.....and even better, UMAI is BYOB! Go.....enjoy!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Umami is an amazing find in lansdale. It is by far the best sushi in all of Pennsylvania. Ray has the freshest fish and he does not kill the fish with sauces. The blue fin toro is the best when it's available. Sit at the bar and talk to them. Also, bring some extra drinks and share them with ray and the staff. Very friendly and knowledgable. Truly a diamond in the rough.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I previously lived in Lansdale. While back on business, I saw this restaurant while going to the cleaners. It is a very nice find! I sat at the bar and had a spider roll and spicy tuna. Both were very flavorable and a pleasant presentation. I would recommend this