“Sunday Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night
Lansdale, PA
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to Molly Maguire's for Sunday Brunch as a special treat on a family occasion. We arrive just after they opened so there was no problem getting a seat. Service was very good, the food was well prepared and better than most Brunch buffets. We each had a Mimosa from the $5 drink specials and they were well made and promptly delivered to the table. The cook behind the omelet station was friendly and attentive, he also doubled as the carver for the ham/prime rib station.

And yet, the overall impression was meh! We had more than enough to eat and everything was excellent but it just seemed, ordinary. When mac 'n cheese is your signature dish (never associated that with Irish cooking) it just doesn't rise above the other options for brunch in the Lansdale area. At $18 a person, I was expecting to be wowed but wound up thinking, where's the rest.

The place was not crowded, we never had to wait in line for anything, the staff spent most of the time standing around the bar shooting the breeze with each other. All that left me with the impression of a good meal looking for people to find it and being held back by the price. When another occasion comes up and we want a nice, quite place for a well made brunch, we will probably go back. But for the price, I doubt we'll be stopping in spur of the moment or just to have breakfast.

Visited June 2013

Philadelphia
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were attending the Lansdale car show the other day and stopped in for lunch. We both ordered the burgers and they were very good. The atmosphere is wonderful, the music enlivening and the facility is immaculate. I will definitely return there for another meal.

• Visited June 2013
Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nothing bad nothing real good. Had their special of the day... cheesesteak mac and cheese. Was bland, not enough steak and onion bits and frankly it just wasn't very cheesy at all. I rated the place average because I don't expect great food from pubs. They could've done better with the Guinness too...was a bit flat tasting like it was old. Meal and drink was way expensive for what I got too.

• Visited June 2013
Elkins, West Virginia
“Not very Irish, but very overpriced”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Basically, the title of my review says it all, been there a couple times,hoping for improvement I guess, but overall, not impressed.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I'm here most Friday evenings”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A decent selection of beers and a diverse menu keeps me coming back. The atmosphere is warm, friendly and welcoming. The burgers are consistently good and the mac and cheese specials are hearty and filling. And that, my friends, is why I am here most Friday evenings. Most because my wife likes to mix things up (with restaurants) where I like to go here and unwind at the end of the week.

The service is great and we rarely have to wait for a table. The ownership did a great job of making this a warm and homey pub. Two thumbs, waaay up!

• Visited March 2013