“Huge Disappointment”

Homewood Suites Lansdale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lansdale
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I travel a lot on business and am a Hilton Honors member so always try to go out of my way to stay at one of the Hilton hotels like Homewood Suites. This Homewood Suites was selected by my son's team as they were playing in a baseball tournament near by. I understand that the hotel was packed with baseball players and their familiies. I am used to that as we have travelled with the team all over the country. But this hotel would be empty on the weekend if it wasn't for the tournament sponsors recommending them so they really should be professional, responsive and ready fo the business. They were not! They clearly did not have enough help. The place was filthy, no one cleaned up the garbage most of thw weekend. They advertise hot breakfast buffet, but ran out of all the hot food within a hour and did not clean up plates, garbage, food on the counter from all the kids, etc... Its nice to offer waffles, but one waffle iron for 150 people? When we brought it to the one of the employee's attention, we were told "there are a lot of people here and we do not have enough help." I was well aware of that! Then the housekeeping did not come to our room all weekend even though we were out of the room from 10 am to 6 pm.. We had to call 3 times to at least request towel replacement. They finally came with hand towels. When I asked for bath towels, I was told "someone else will come with those". They did, long after we picked the old towels out the tub, shook them off and reused them. I then asked if someone could at least empty the garbage and was told to leave the cans outside the door and we'll get to it. When I asked why there was no housekeeping, I was told "we are busy.' Then I spoke with a manager and got another answer -- "your Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. Yes it was -- from the time we went to sleep at night until we left the room at 10 am when we took it off.
They don't seem to appreciate the huge amount of extra business they get from the tournament on weekends. I am sure some other hotel in a business area near-by that is empty on weekends would appreciate the business so I hope the tournament directors direct their recommendations eleswhere. Our large baseball organization with several teams will not go back there next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JCG161
Tony R, Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear,
First I would like to thank you for staying with us on July 11 - 13, 2014 and I am very sorry to learn that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel during your stay.

We pride ourselves on giving the highest level of customer service in which you are accustomed to and we will strive to correct the issues that you have. This standard we did not live up to during your stay and I apologize for that.

Your right we should have been more prepared to take care of the needs of our no matter how many are in-house. But talking with many of the team's parent and coaches they were highly satisfied with the high level of service weprovided that weekend and stated that they would return.

This is not the standards of Homewood Suites Lansdale or Hilton Hotels Corporation. Please be assured that we will correct our short fall to enhance the experience of our guest.

We value your patronage and hope that your future stays with us will be great experiences. Thank you for your feedback.

Tony R
Assistant General Manager
Homewood Suites Lansdale
(215)362-6400

Reviewed July 10, 2014

ShelleyF.

We booked a 1 br suite through our timeshare and pre-paid the hotel fee. My husband and sons checked in on a Saturday, on Monday the front desk tried to charge our credit card $50.00 for incidentals. We gave the card to the hotel upon checkin for incidentals when we check out. We were never informed that the hotel would charge us $50 for incidentals two days later. This is not the usual practice for hotels. When my husband asked why they did not inform us of this fee when he checked in he was told 'this is a place of business'. This is not a valid answer.

In addition, when I finally arrived at the room around 2 am on Tuesday morning, I could not find parking in the front of the hotel. I waited 20 minutes in the back of the hotel for my husband to let me in the back door with all my luggage close to the car which was parked in the back. While waiting a police office conveniently patrolled the back of the hotel asking if I had reservations. Being African Americans we believe they were called because it was presumed that unsavory criminals were parked in the back by the door. Another case of racial profiling. My husband and I are not criminals. I am a banking analyst and he is a driver for a limousine company. I feel that the hotel treated us unfairly and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
A1tree, Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Shelly,
I am so very sorry about the experience you had at our Hotel. Our hotel did not call the police , but being that this is a rural area they do patrol quite frequently to ensure the safety and security of the property We welcome all of our guest with open arm and warm smiles. I too am an African American and I welcome the patrols of our local Police Department. It gives our guest and our staff the feeling of safety and security knowing that they are around. The $50 Authorization Approval Hold is done through the system and verifies that the credit card is valid and as long as there are no charges the money automatically goes back onto the credit card within 3 business days after check-out

Sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were recommended by a friend of his to take our family to this hotel. What a mistake! I have never encountered so many problems with any hotel stay. Before we arrived we called the hotel to confirm it was ok to come earlier. Reservationist told us it was fine as long room was available. After the call was disconnected my credit/debit card was billed. What we haven't even arrived yet! When we called the hotel, the agent stated this has never happened before. My husband told them ok since you took the first night we will be paying cash for 2nd night. After we got to the room. His credit card was billed again for the 2nd night. In addition there was a pre-authorized hold placed on his card. As a result his funds were tied up for a week causing overdraft in his acct.
So this was the beginning and it didn't help that the only answer we have received still to this date is that this has never happened before. In addition to the incompetence of the agents. When we got to the room there were no utensils to cook with and we had to call down for them. Only 1 small pot and pan. No bowls or anything to mix with. My thoughts are if you're having an extended stay and kitchen in the room you need to accommodate for cooking, ie. bowls to mix with and utensils to cook with. Next, when we attempted to get ice, several ice machines on different floors didn't work. Once again we called downstairs to be told by guest service agents to go to try another machine on different floor. SMH.
On top of all of this the pool was ice cold no heat at all. Even on a hot day you don't want an ice cold pool. My family had to get into the hot tub to warm up only to have it not work.
If it wasn't the comfortable beds I would say this was the worse vacation ever. Thank God for soft beds. That's all this hotel had going for them.

We are used to Marriot Residence Inn. Maybe you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank trenise s
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband was traveling for work so I decided to come along with the kids. I just so happen to be a homewood employee and I was not impressed with this hotel. The front desk was courteous and helpful, however, the breakfast and evening social staff were absolutely awful. Breakfast was one of the worst I have ever experienced. Besides the food being poorly displayed and with limited choices, the staff were rude and unfriendly. I had the nerve to ask for more French vanilla creamers since they had run out at 8 am... We stayed for three nights and experienced two different breakfast hosts- both equally unfriendly and extremely slow at refilling anything. They both acted like they were leisurely working and food and juices would get refilled whenever they got around it it. The rest of the time they would hide behind a closed kitchen door. As an employee myself, I am shocked that the GM allows this service, for it greatly hurts the hotel's image. Meal hosts can make or break the hotel. As for the rooms, they were clean and spacious. However, the poor breakfast and evening social experiences are enough of a reason for my family to never return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Close to town and very convenient to access but the hotel room itself was subpar. The ac unit when the temperature was turned down just stopped actually cooling which lead to an uncomfortable night. The lamps were overly dusty inside when I looked from above to find where the switch was. If not so close to where my events were I would have tried to find somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

For Merck's colleagues and visitors, this is an excellent place to stay, as it's walking distance to Training center and 1 to 2 miles to Merck offices.
Not only Merck, other will be loving this place.
Room was ok and specious, breakfast was ordinary, Parking was free and nice. Lots of resturant around for all types of food, train station is near to go to downtown of Philadelphia. Recommend to go to Percia mall, 10 miles away.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I love staying at this facility. The staff is solicitous and breakfast options are varied and delicious. Rooms are clean and spacious and wifi is complimentary. I love that they are environmentally conscious. Meeting rooms are wonderful as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Homewood Suites Lansdale? Share your experiences!