“Great staff and a very good hotel”

Homewood Suites Lansdale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lansdale
“Great staff and a very good hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not only is the hotel a typical Homewood Suites as far as amenities, the staff is fantastic. Everyone from the receptionist to the kitchen staff to the managers, they are some of the most pleasant I have met. Having to travel for work is not always fun, but they and the hotel make it that much better

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with Trip Advisor! I am truly delighted to know you were pleased and hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Lansdale area. It is particularly great to know that you were impressed with our team - it means much to us!

Claudia Stemler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My GPS showed a Homewood Suites but my laptop had no WIFI to use wth power failures are McDonald.s on I80 coming from NYC. So I followed the directions from my GPS to Homewood SUites. I got to their lobby when I was told I had no reservation, so I used their WIFI, made the reservation & the gal at the front desk got me coffee & told me to tell her the confirmation # & that she was holding a GOLD room for me. I got it & took the laptop to her so she got what she wanted from it. Then I go to my room which had a jacuzzi that I sgot in for over an hour to warm up. I fell asleep in it & was floating in the warm water. So I washed my hair & blew it fry & went to bed, slept 11 hpurs. Dressed & had breakfast . I am told I 80 is closed from blowing snow & ice. So I went back to my room, turned the flat screen tv on & made coffee to watch til they opened it to drive home. Then I fail to start my hybrid & the tow truck that helped me, who was also a guest with the bad weather, tells me not to be a half a tank. Fill it up uf under 1/4 so no room for ice to show in the frigid weather. So he towed to to fill up, no charge. I got him coffee with mine. Then I am on I 80 to Ohio Turnpike to I 71 home. No faster than 50 the whole way and plenty of jerks spinning out. When I got home I called Homewood Suite in PA to thank them for keeping me safe & 3 hours I was home. I also hope to stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Get 20,000 points on AMEX HiltonHHonors card to make you Hilton GOLD for a year & enjoy the perk...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
So happy you were pleased with your stay.... and I do wish we could take credit for making that happen but the Homewood Suites you are referring to is not the Homewood Suites in Lansdale PA. Please keep us in mind however for any trips to the Philadelphia area! Be safe and stay warm....

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was friendly and the lobby was nice but that's where the updates end. The rooms are outdated and uncomfortable and need to be refreshed ASAP. I will stay at the Marriott Courtyard or the Hyatt House next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our service but am truly sorry to hear you were disappointed with your accommodations. It is true that our hotel has celebrated her 11th birthday and that much of our property is awaiting freshening - both guest rooms and lobby alike. As such, we have a variety of things in the works for 2013. It would be my pleasure to invite you to return as my personal guest once our changes are in place, so please feel free to check back with me personally from time to time on our progress.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor!

Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Home Suites In Lansdale PA on 1/12/13. We stayed there several times before and always had a very good experience with the accomodations and friendly staff. Excellent value, nice large rooms with full kitchen and living room. Full breakfast included (closes at 10:00am sundays) was quite good. If you have a reason to stay in Lansdale PA this hotel is the best choice period. The train station is walking distance, you can travel to downtown Philadelphia and back. Montgomerry mall 5 minutes drive.

Room Tip: Studio and one bedroom are both very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor! We are truly delighted to know that you enjoy our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lansdale!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I will look for Homewood Suties in each city I travel. Inpressed with the quality of cooking and eating utensils provided. The heating system was easy to adjust and stay at the temperature adjusted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Ms. Cheryl,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted to know you were pleased and appreciate the time you took to let us know!!!

I hope you will think of us whenever your travels bring you back to Lansdale...
Claudia
North Wales, PA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were able to book a room here the day after Sandy's wrath and asked to stay mulitple nights until we got our electric back on...the place was booked solid and still the service was excellent...the front desk staff, Christopher, Alla and Tony (along with Claudia) were awesome in making sure you had everything needed. They served breakfast each morning and some evenings there was a nice dinner.
We had a minor incident but believe with a day to day stay it could have happened to anyone but some things we left in the room went missing...we are only talking about a bar of soap, almost empty toothpast and almost empty distilled water...things that easily could have been considered left behind...the staff was informed, they gave us an unnecessary credit and all was well...
It is close to our home and we were able to commute back and forth.
We would recommend this especially for long term as there is a nice kitchen and comfortable living room seperate from the bed and bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
north carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came here on business 3 days after Hurricane Sandy made a visit to the surrounding area. I was happy that my office had a reservation for me at this hotel especially after an 11 hour day of driving. This hotel was completely sold out due to folks being without electricity in New Jersey and other very hard hit areas. The king suite I was in had a separate bedroom and a kitchen with a full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave hood and 2 electric burners. The living room has a pull out sofa bed and a large flat panel tv. Bedroom also had a large flat panel tv. Room was nice and clean and you could stay a whole week there. this hotel is Ideal for folks surviving Sandy while homes are being renovated or rebuilt.

One thing to note: If you book through Hotels.com(aka Expedia.com) and Travelocity,com and other online hotel booking services, be prepared to have a credit card with you for "incidentals" because this hotel requires it. If you are getting a room for someone else that does not have a credit card, consider booking with the hotel directly.

This Hotel has a decent workout room with a treadmill and a cross trainer and some weights. Pool area is closed for the season since it is outdoors. Managers reception is only Monday thru Thursday and that where you can get some Hors d'oeuvres, Beer and wine. They had Yeungling on tap, YAY!
Note in PA you cannot beer in a convenience store. You have to go to a package store and you have to buy a whole case of beer or go to a restaurant and pay the piper for beer to go. PA seems to be stuck in the 1800's with that law.
Breakfast was great and they even had grits on the buffet that were cooked just right, Thank you!
There is a commuter rail that runs to Philadelphia right by the hotel and you can walk out the front door of the hotel and be at the stop in 5 minutes. The horn from the SEPTA rail line is not as noisy as a freight train horn is. Light sleepers might want to consider the front part of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone having to stay in Lansdale, PA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Claudia_Stemler_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Lansdale, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review about our hotel! I am truly happy to know you were pleased and wanted to personally thank you for staying with us. I hope to see you on your next trip to Lansdale!

Claudia Stemler, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Holiday Inn Lansdale
Holiday Inn Lansdale
#1 of 1 in Kulpsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Homewood Suites Lansdale? Share your experiences!