Approx. 30 miles (48 km) north of Philadelphia. Car is helpful/ mandatory, unless you’re relying solely on nearby commuter rail for transport or can walk to your worksite/ destination.
Upscale, 6-story Homewood Suites (HS) – over 150 suites -- in peaceful office/ industrial park/ residential setting. Consistently reliable, clean, comfortable, & spacious suites.
Gorgeous, expansive lobby/ dining area with airy, high ceilings & large window views. (Wish *all* lobbies/ eateries were designed with such openness.) A pleasant, quiet spot to work from & to meet up with friends.
• Variety of hearty hot & cold breakfasts items with some healthy choices. (For longer stays/ repeat visits, hoped for *additional* healthy options: Greek yogurt, whole grain breads, & greater assortment of in-season fresh fruit, & so on.)
• Tasty, light evening meals 5-7pm: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thur. (Variety is much appreciated for long-term & repeat stays.) (Open, spread out counter space for food & dining eliminates elbow-to-elbow crowding.)
• If you’ve time/ inclination, food shop & prepare your own meals in furnished kitchenette. Approx. 10-15 min. (~3 - 4.5 mi./ 5 - 7.2 km) drive to 2 health food stores & eatery off Bethlehem Pike (in nearby North Wales):
-- Whole Foods Market (in Gwynedd Crossing Shopping Center)
-- Trader Joe’s (in English Village Shopping Center)
-- Chipotle Mexican Grill (at 30 Airport Square)
• For evenings when HS isn’t serving supper, several eateries within walking/ driving distance to suit various palates & budgets.
Approx. Drive Times/ Distance (Depending on T R A F F I C)
• ~40 min. (15 mi./ 24 km) to Valley Forge National Historic Park & to King of Prussia Mall.
• ~1 hr. (40 mi./ 64 km) to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
• ~1hr+ (30 mi./ 48 km) to Center City (downtown Philadelphia, city hall, museums, historic sites).
• Pennbrook SEPTA Commuter Train Station (on Pennbrook Pkwy & Church Rd.) is a 5-min. walk from HS’s front door; ride rail into heart of Philadelphia -- Center City.
• Because of HS’s proximity to rail, train horns/ bells can either annoy/ startle you or won’t bother you at all -- depending where you’re situated in building. Staff can guide you to quieter areas/ suites. (From 6th-floor suite, I could hear train but wasn't disturbed by it.)
Niceties & Not-So Niceties
• Free, wired in-room internet. Free WiFi in *public* areas -- not in room.
• Computers & printer/ copier in comfortable business center to print documents & boarding passes.
• Free, on-site self-parking. (Versus $45 daily parking in heart of Philly.)
• Disappointingly small fitness room (but functional) on 1st floor. Guest laundry on higher floor (5th, if remembering correctly) with working machines, but wasn't next to fitness room. Exercising between wash/ dry cycles a bit of a trek -- becomes part of workout.
• Outdoor pool in colder months unusable; no indoor pool. But, grounds are lovely year round & make a pleasant after work/ dinner stroll.
• Unclean spare blanket promptly replaced with clean one upon request.
Overall, a consistently reliable Homewood for short- or long-stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business. Look forward to returning to Lansdale to stay at HS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A secluded spot yet easy access to everything! Homewood offers every guest the comfort of apartment-like suites, including full kitchens, large flat-screen TVs, large living/dining areas and separate bedroom and bath. We provide a full and hearty hot breakfast buffet daily and a homestyle evening meal every Monday through Thursday night - we even include the beer and wine! Complimentary WIFI through-out the hotel and surrounding grounds, beautiful patio area with gas grills, fire pit and water feature, and an outdoor pool and whirlpool spa. ALL the comforts of home PLUS award winning service!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Lansdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Lansdale Hotel Lansdale
- Homewood Lansdale
- Lansdale Homewood Suites