“Fine...did the job”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Fine...did the job”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The room is a nice size, but the couch & coffee table had seen its better days, as well as the carpet. The flat screen TV was nice, but the 1 TV channel I wanted to watch was the only 1 that wasn't working. The hotel restaurant is pricey, but there are a handful of places nearby you can walk to eat. I had an adjoining room, and it was very loud. I could hear the people next door...literally, I know everything that lady said to her husband. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were too. Yes, free internet! Love that! It is directly across the street from Sesame Place and the mall. Oh, loved the very nice girl who hosted breakfast in the Club Room! She was so sweet!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear jppalooza,

Thank you taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel on tripadvisor.com. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service our associate provided you in our Club Lounge and that you enjoyed the comfort of our Sweet Sleeper beds, and the free wireless internet. It is very important to us that we provide our guests with a great value for your money.

I do apologize about the channel that was not working on your TV and you had issues with the condition of your furniture, we do conduct scheduled maintenance of our guest rooms and we ask our housekeeping department to report any guest room conditions that need attention to us so we can correct them prior to a guest occupying the room we will work with them on improving their inspections of our guest rooms. The head of our engineering department is informed about these issues, and will make sure this problem will be resolved the next time you stay with us. Please feel free to contact our front-desk directly for any future reservations, so we can accommodate you with a room that does not have an adjoining door to the room next to yours.

Again I certainly appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your experience at the Sheraton Bucks County hotel. I sincerely hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality.

Scott Hagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Everything was fine. Importantly, the bed was quite comfortable. Room service dinner was a bit bland and overpriced. In the end, no more or less than one expects from a property like this.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear 54countries,

Thank you for completing a review about your stay at Sheraton Bucks County hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to learn that you find our beds to be quite comfortable.

We generally receive positive comments with regards to our room service, so I was surprised and disappointed by the experience you had. We try to give good value for money and quality of food is very important to us. I have spoke to our executive chef about your experience, and he will be speaking to the appropriate personnel to reiterate the importance of quality room service food.

Once again I do apologize and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of the Sheraton Bucks County hotel.

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed October 10, 2010

There's nothing terribly wrong with the Sheraton but it is overpriced for what it offers. We stayed here because everything comparable in the area (Hampton Inn, Courtyard, etc) was booked. Rooms are good sized, clean, comfortable, all the normal amenities are present but it is not worth what they charge. The hotel accepts pets; we found this out when we (and everyone else on our floor) heard the dog down the hall barking at 1130 pm.
The restaurant offers a decent and well priced breakfast buffet but the staff is clueless. The hostess seated us at the only table which was not set with silverware or coffee cups; the waitress brought our drinks and coffee but no cups. Neither offered us menus. We heard another waitress explain that the buffet included a made to order omelet bar; then she noticed the chef was not in yet (at 9 am on a Saturday) and said she thought he would set up the omelet bar soon.
We'd stay here again, but only if we couldn't find a room somewhere else nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Dear JiminVirginia22305,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the Tripadvisor community. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness and size of the rooms.

Your comments regarding the poor service you received during your breakfast was very disturbing to me, this certainly does not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation on. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that other guests do not suffer the inconvenience you experienced. I also want to apologize about the issue you had with a barking dog late in the evening. Though the Sheraton Bucks County is a pet friendly hotel, we try our hardest to prevent any inconvenience caused by pets staying at the hotel.

Once again I do apologize, and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of The Sheraton Bucks County Hotel.

Best regards,
Connecticut
Reviewed October 1, 2010

If you are going to take your family to Sesame Place, you can't get a better location than this hotel, which is basically across the street. Rooms are fine, although when the bathroom light went out (more than a bulb issue) it took them over a day to fix it. Nothing like a pitch black dark bathroom at night. Breakfast buffet was just okay and not too grat; I've seen much better spreads at much worse hotels. Would I go back again? Only if I was heading to Sesame, but then again, I might try another hotel too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear A2was,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Sheraton Bucks County Hotel. We are happy to hear that you liked our location in reference to Sesame Place.

I apologize for the time it took to get your bathroom light fixed, our goal is to respond to each guest request within 15 minutes of notification, and I have shared your experience with our Front Office team and our Engineering department to prevent this situation from happening again in the future. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations, I am reviewing your comments with our Food and Beverage leadership to discuss areas we can enhance our guest’s food experience, and I trust you will see improvement on your next visit.

Again I certainly appreciate your taking the time to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay. I sincerely hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was without electricity and have my Great Aunt lving with me who is ninety. The temperatures that weekend were 97 and hotttttt. I was in a panic of what to do. I was blessed to meet Associate Jennifer Smith working at the front desk at the Sheraton. She was very kind and made everything perfect for our stay. The kids were made to feel like royalty. Our room was beautiful and I have to say if not for Jennifer, I don't know what we would have done. You don't always find people who take the time to really take care of you or even care for that matter. I would reccomend the Bucks Sheraton as your choice of stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Robin1ee,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Bucks County so much, and Jennifer was overjoyed to hear of your appreciation for her caring for your family helping you through your loss of electric service at your home.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback. We look foreword to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel almost weekly since December of 2009. The rooms are always clean and when available early check-ins have been accommodated. The staff is amazingly courteous and it is evident the management cares about service. I have also booked the hotel to host corporate meetings and all was exactly as planned. For the business traveler the hotel has a full service restaurant and lounge with a friendly staff and some of the quickest room service I have had while traveling. The business manager Chris Gillis does an outstanding job of accommodating the business travelers needs. I highly reccommend this hotel to the business traveler and from the looks on the kids faces when Sesame Place is open it looks like a lot of fun for the family crowd too!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Jakesdad05,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Chris was delighted to find out that you recognized him for the outstanding service he has provided you.

We are pleased to receive such a positive feedback from you as a loyal customer of the Sheraton Bucks county Hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging that our team members are pleasant and helpful, and that meetings you have held at our hotel have exceeded your expectations. We will share your kind words with our team; they take great pride in caring for our customers.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving your in the future. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Hotels and Resorts.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Our family visited the hotel this past weekend and like alot of guests we did so for it's close proximity to Sesame Place, but also so we could use our points. We arrived Friday afternoon to be told that my request for connecting rooms could not be honored - there were absolutely none available. My husband stormed off making a comment about "never buying another Starwood timeshare, we will buy a Marriott instead" which Jenn at the registration desk picked up on. She realized we were very upset and asked about his comment. I explained that when we bought our timeshare 8 years ago we were promised all kinds of perks when we stayed at any Starwood property: early check-in, late check-out, automatic room upgrade, all special requests honored everytime, etc. We have traveled extensively over these past eight years and only a couple of times have any of these "perks" happened - most hotel employees could care less if we are owners. She felt horrible that we have been treated this way and spent the next 15 minutes trying desperately to find us connecting rooms somewhere. She came up with two rooms on the 2nd floor that are not marked in their system as being connected and proudly presented me with new room keys with tears in her eyes. I have rarely seen anyone more dedicated to realizing the meaning of customer service and Starwood should be enormously proud to have her in their employ. Hats also go off to Joseph at the front desk for his care and concern and remembering our situation when we checked out.

The rooms are definitely in need of a facelift but overall the hotel is clean and a friendly place to stay although the pool area could have used a once over. It was very crowded when we went for a swim so I'm hoping that was the reason. The Grille is too expensive for the clientel they are catering to but there are tons of options in the area for less expensive, family friendly meals.

Albert, our shuttle driver, was top notch and also went out of his way to put us as a top priority as well.

We will be coming back next year to stay again and hopefully see some familiar, friendly faces. Lots of smiles and "good morning or good evening" from every employee we passed. This is a good place to stay when visiting Elmo!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear metrogirl,

Thank you for the recent correspondence that you submitted to Tripadvisor regarding Sheraton Bucks County Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience during your recent stay. Jennifer, Joseph and Albert were excited to hear that you were delighted by the service they provided you and your family.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognized our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel a leader in excellence.

Scott Hagen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!