“Nice Hotel”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stay at this hotel every week for business. The staff at the front desk are always friendly. Our rooms have always been clean and the Club lounge is very nice. The pool area is large and family friendly. Yes, it can be busy in the summer because Sesame is directly across the street but the staff always seems willing to help however they can.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Dear Hideyho53,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about my team with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate you being a loyal customer. I am thrilled that you have been able to enjoy our Club Lounge; it is very nice you recognized our hotel is clean and that our staff has been very accommodating to you during your stays at our hotel. We are thankful for you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit with us.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Bucks County Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2009

My family and I had reservations for one night on July 25, 2009. We took the kids to Sesame place during the day on Saturday. I then called the hotel around 130 pm too see if our room was ready. I was told by Jennifer at my moms room was ready but my room was not but we could check in to her room. So we get there about 230 get my moms keys to her room and I was told by Jennifer that my room would be ready in one hour. Well the hour came and went meanwhile I was trying to get three kids under the age of 4 to sleep in the same room. The hour came and went after nap we just took the kids back to park til 8pm then grabbed some dinner and headed back to hotel. I stood in line to check in for 30 mins because their was only one person checking people in just to get up there and the front desk tell me "I am sorry but we have given your room to another guest and all we have left is one room with one bed" Thats right!!! At this point it was 1030pm and my kids and I are exhausted!!! Donna was the manager on and she would come out and talk to my dad nor me. They were basically like, sorry!! They did not care about my family nor the fact that we had no where to sleep besides a room with one bed and not sure if they have ever tried sleeping 4 people in one room with one bed???
I have called the hotel and emailed and have gotten no response!! Donna told me that night that my credit card would be credited back the full amount for both rooms. I have yet too see that!!! I want something to be done. The worse thing is that there were three other families in front of me that the same thing occured to them. I hope that they are writing someone as well. What they did was not right and something needs to be done.

6  Thank ckrater14

Dear ckrater14,
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding the Sheraton bucks County Hotel with the Trip Advisors community. I take this feedback very seriously and commit that my team will address each issue.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of our not having a room available for you when you arrived and for the fact your request for a room with two double beds was not honored when you checked-in. Unfortunately, a number of our guests that were scheduled to depart still occupied the rooms past check out time of 12:00 PM. Although the rooms were vacated when you arrived, they were not yet ready for occupancy; and some guests stayed over unexpectedly so we did not have the room type available that you had requested.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Absolutely horrible service. the room wasnt ready..well after check in time. Finally got in room, and there were no towles and no snacks like promised when we reserved the room. There was also only one king size bed, but there was supposed to be an additional bed/cot. Wasn't there. One of the pillow cases was filthy, looked like either dried up blood or something else you'd rather not hear about....called the desk to ask for another pillow, and they promised one, but it never showed. Then in the morning our "complimentary" breakfast was anything but complimetary. We were charged for everything!! Upon checkout our concerns were voiced. We were promised an additional 7,000 points on the points rewards...Here it is a month later and the points have not been credited. I have called the hotel and left several message for the Front desk manager and she has not once returned my calls. I'm about to call again now. Wish me luck. All in all, I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone! Oh almost forgot, the TV didn't work when turning the power button on. Had to play with buttons on back of TV. Why???

4  Thank smylee2
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

Dear smylee2,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Let me simply say that all of us here at the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests than what you had the misfortune of experiencing.

Again thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in servicing you properly.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

I recently visited this property and was a bit leary due to the numerous bad reviews on Trip Advisor...These people couldn't be more wrong...maybe the hotel has pulled up its socks since the bad reviews but I had trouble finding a complaint with my whole experience.
As soon as we arrived a bellman met us at our car, helped us unload and brought our bags in for us. He went into the back while we waited to check in and got small gifts for our kids. The girl working the desk assured us that the room she had given us would meet our needs but made it clear that she would change it immediately if I was not satisfied.
We stayed in the club level room which included complimentary breakfast and hors d'ourves in the evening in the Club Lounge. The only complaint I had was that breakfast was not replenished as well as it could have been. The evening munchies were great and we were pleasantly surprised after a long day at Sesame Place to find out that beer and wine were complimentary.
The shuttle service to and from Sesame Place was prompt and very accomodating...we were allowed to leave our stroller up so we didn't need to unpack it every time to fold it which was a real bonus...They even had a cooler full of cold water to drink when you got on the shuttle on hot days
Unless things have changed drastically since the bad reviews I think the people who complained about his property were nuts or unpleasable.

1  Thank mrssaxy

Dear mrssaxy,
Thank you so much for providing feedback to the Trip Advisor community about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality you received at our hotel. I appreciate you sharing the nice comments about our Bellman, Van Drivers and the Guest Service team, they quite deserve them. I am also very happy to read you had a great experience in our club lounge, our team works very hard to make it a place where guests can relax and feel at home.
It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service to our guests, and we are grateful when our guests take the time to write us and share their experiences with us. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

I made telephone reservations for this hotel for a stay at Sesame Place. I was told that the room would comfortably fit our family of five: my wife, myself, and our three young children. Upon arriving at our room, we were faced two full-size beds with very little other room. When I contacted the front desk, I was asked by the manager on call, "What would you like me to do? The room sleeps only 4 and we cannot provide a cot." The burden of the solution, then, was put on me. A most disappointing customer service response.

5  Thank scfeeney
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Dear scfeeney,

I certainly appreciate you providing us with feedback about your experience at our hotel. My sincere apologies for the issues you had at our hotel. It causes me great concern when I hear of an instance when we have failed a customer. I will speak to the leadership regarding this matter and reinforce with them the importance of proper levels of service. While it is true that we can only accommodate 4 people in our rooms (unless the fifth person is a small child in a crib), we should have been more helpful in providing you options on assisting you in meeting your needs.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you experienced at our hotel. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed here for the past 3 nights. When we arrived, our room was downgraded from a King with a pull out couch to 2 double beds. No change in rate. Going into the room, there was food on the floor on the sides of each bed and food stains on the walls (? soda or some sort of drink). The drain in the bathroom didn't work so my two young kids couldn't take baths. After the first night we went to sesame street place, upon returning at 2 pm our rooms hadn't been touched, no clean towels, etc. Around 4pm someone placed clean towels in a bag and hung it on the door handle of our room. The bathroom was so small, you had to stand up beside the toilet to close the door to the bathroom. I had actually booked this place, spending a little bit more for my vacation saying I don't go away much, we'll splurge a little. The photos look much nicer than the place actually is. It is older than the photos suggest. Also, the pool, although nice, is not kept up at all. All around the pool large puddles, everywhere. There was actually a large radio with 2 speakers up on a cart with the wires laying in a large puddle, plugged in! Won't go again!

4  Thank umpy18

Dear umpy18,

Thank you so much for you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience at our hotel. My sincere apologies for the fact that our housekeeping team has failed to provide you with clean and well maintained room on the day checked in. It causes me great concern when I hear of an instance when our associates have failed a customer. I will speak to the housekeeping leadership regarding this matter and reinforce with them the importance of proper levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the conditions you experienced at our hotel. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed here with our daughter for a 2-day trip to Sesame Place. I called in advance to reserve a refrigerator and microwave for our room (an additional $20 each per day, fair enough). When I checked in, I asked to make sure we had the microwave and refrigerator in the room and was told yes, but SURPRISE! neither was available wen we went to the room. We called downstairs and were told that neither was available to us until the following day. We had baby food that needed refrigeration and microwaving. They offered to heat the food for us downstairs, which was a major inconvenience, but we had no choice. We had to really complain and were promised a comp breakfast; when we demanded a discount instead, we were told that they would check with the manager and get back to us. I'm still waiting for the call back. And no comp breakfast.

The following day, we were told we'd have the refrigerator and microwave by lunch time. We received a refrigerator that was warmer inside it than the room we were in, and no microwave. Finally, after another 2 calls, we were able to get everything in proper working order.

Overall the room was pretty grimy, and the keys died on us for no reason, which we had to get reset. Pretty disappointing. Other than the location being so close to Sesame Place, you can probably spend less money in the area and get better accommodations.

2  Thank HGLEWIS

Dear HGLEWIS,

Thank you so much for informing us about the issues you encountered in getting the microwave and refrigerator you reserved for your stay at our hotel. Upon researching the reason behind this issue we learned; due to high demand for refrigerators and microwaves we needed to increase our inventory we of the units we have on hand. Thanks to your feedback we have now permanently equipped 24 of our guest rooms with refrigerators and microwaves and increased our supply of extra refrigerators available for us to move into rooms upon request.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!