“Great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Montrose, Pennsylvania
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times in the last few years and I am always pleased with the attention the staff gives to customer service. The night manager Bill helped me with a billing issue, no questions asked and with a smile. Many other hotels could learn by his example.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms offer a wonderful view.
Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ugur Y, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Hideyho53 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Bucks County hotel. We are please to see that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will continue to make us your hotel of choice when you visit Langhorne!

Safe Travels!!

-Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel after checking Sesame place website that have a holiday package and this hotel was one of the option..
Recognizing its name, I choose the hotel for 2 nights without hesitating. Only after I book the package, read the Tripadvisor reviews about this hotel, I start to doubt my decision.. (I should have read the review first). But, I am still hoping that the previous review 'somehow' wrong..
But, of course they are not.. (Well I am a reviewer myself).. Arriving at this hotel, it seems that a large group has booked most of this hotel room. We have to queue for a bit and it was okay. I travelled with another families (we are 4 families), where 2 of us got our room cancelled.. Well okay, that is not a problem, they fixed it right away, and give us the room, even one of us got the room upgraded for free to the 15th floor (rest of us stayed in 1st and 3rd floor). After checking in, my husband told me the reason why checking inn is taking a bit longer is because someone stuck at the elevator! Gosh.. Avoid middle elevator!
Arriving at my room at 3rd floor... (After experiencing a very old elevator that was shaking and give terrible feeling in our head) I was really disappointed. Even though it was standard room but as a Sheraton Hotel, I am expecting a better equipment than a 'something inn' at a 50/60$ per night. Everything was old, the bed, the pillow, was uncomfortable even the bed sheet has a stain and a hole.. Not to mention the towel that are supposed to throw away.. ('yellow-ish' color and the surface was not soft). I am maybe happy with the flat screen tv, coffee maker and complimentary Starbucks coffee.
But...
The annoying guest... I am not sure whether it was room next door or opposite room or all over the corridor.. I hear this dozen 'girls' chirping, laughing slam the door, until 12 midnight!!!! I feel like I want to scream 'shut up!' But I am uncertain about the hotel rules.. I promise to my self I will call the front desk (or maybe police) if they did not stop at midnight, lucky them, they stop on time.
The next day was Sesame Place time, we had fun.
But, when we arrived at our room I was again disappointed as I see the bathroom was not cleaned, towels set was not changed.. I do meet the housekeeper when I return after lunch that day, (as sesame place open at 1pm) She said she don't have any towel set at that time and will bring it later in the afternoon. I said it was okay because I understand they have tons of guest at the time. But.. Why the bathroom was still as it is when I leave the room? I called the front desk and they give clean set right away.. Off course without cleaning the bathroom..

That night, another strange guest bother us again, knocking our room at 2am??? What the.. We did not open the door as we assume she knocked wrong door, but again about 5am she knocked again.. This time my husband opened the room and she was 'oh sorry, wrong room', whattt?? Why don't she asked front desk about her friends room number!
(Well, okay, I am not blaming the bad experience with another guest as hotel responsibilities).
That was all, problems all over the place, starting from elevator to the room. I am thinking the manager of this hotel should know better that their hotel need a major upgrade.
I have no complain at all with the staff, in fact I am giving 3 stars instead of 1 stars because of the staff, and good breakfast.. I can say that the staff was a Sheraton standard, their hospitality, they are very nice, but limited with the hotel reality...

Stayed December 2013
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Utamie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Thank you for informing us of the challenges you experienced. It is disappointing to learn of so many occurrences. Please email me directly at michael.dalton@sheratonbuckscounty.net and I will be happy to recover with you accordingly and discuss the specific scenarios directly. It was very rewarding to read the high praise you gave our staff. I look forward to your email and to have you back as our guest in the near future.
Michael
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were taking the kids to Sesame Place (see my reviews on that), and booked a hotel on Priceline's bidding system. We were pleased with the hotel's proximity to the park (just across the street).

We got to the hotel late at night, kids were asleep, it took us all of 5 minutes to check in, and sign up for their rewards program and get placed on a special floor for their rewards customers. The staff were all very friendly, the rooms fantastically comfortable, and they had a shuttle running between the hotel and Sesame Place every 30 minutes.

Definitely 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Talal J
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Amybeth,

It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us! We do our best to accommodate our guests to ensure that they have an memorable experience here at Sheraton bucks county. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel! We do offer similar promotions on our official website as well during these season. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Ugur Yeni
Beech Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

greeted by a very professional staff. called me by name upon entering. room was clean and bed was super comfortable. I enjoyed my stay very much. will stay in that hotel every time I am in Langhorne .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Amybeth,

It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Managementt
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Allison from Food and Beverage is always very attentive. She is friendly and very engaging, she always remembers me everytime i visit the hotel. She is an assest to your Hotel. The entire staff is great! I have had many great Experiences at this Hotel from the front desk to the maid service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alan,

it is such a great pleasure to hear that your expectations were met during your stay and our staff made the difference with their hospitality which is quite important to us. we look forward to see you again for another a true sheraton bucks county experience again. Thank you for sharing.

Best regards,

Management
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've stayed here several times. While the property itself is outdated and is in need of an upgrade and renovation, I was told after my last stay that one is planned and approved, but timeline is beyond their control. So that's promising.

Each time I've stayed here though, the front desk staff has been friendly and helpful. On my most recent stay, I was upgraded to the Club floor and given access to the lounge. I was even asked if I wanted late checkout! Normally I'd have accepted that, but with the upcoming snow storm I was going to be on the road early. Figures! But, Mike H was helpful, and as an SPG member those were welcome upgrades.

The room I was in was large, with a nice king size bed and couch. The bed was wonderful! The room was clean, which seems to be hit or miss in the hotel. On a previous stay, the room was quite dirty. There were stains on the curtains, stains on the wall (which looked like they could have just been wiped off, but I wasn't going near them) and the carpet was stained. But other than that room, I've had pretty good luck here.

The hotel also is convenient to many shops and restaurants, which makes helps to make it an attractive option. There's a shopping mall, Target, fast food restaurants, and some casual dining all within just a few minutes of the hotel. And considering I tend for forget something every time I travel, having those stores so close really is nice.

All in all it was a good stay. I've had more good experiences here than bad, and I'll keep going back. With the upcoming renovation, this could be a really really nice hotel. Each time I've checked out of here, there has been a manager on duty at the front desk asking how the stay was, and if there was anything they should know about. I like to see that, and it's good to know they do take customer satisfaction seriously.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Greg,

Thank you for sharing your experience with such great details that you have experienced during your recent stay at Sheraton Bucks County. As much as we would like to hear good feedback, we rather and prefer to hear challenges as well, thus we can address them to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience the same issues again. Thank you for your recognition for Brian who is one of our great members. He was honored to hear your comments( I thank you that you have clarified the confusion with his name on your last email) we appreciate that you took your time to review us on tripadvisor and look forward to see you again.

Best regards,

Management
Greensburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I know this is the wrong place to leave a review for the restaurant but this is all I could find.

We got there for the 1:00 PM seating and there was only one other table. Imediately, I thought we made a mistake. How wrong I was. It soon got crowded. I assume 1:00 was the first seating.

I chose the Sheraton because they have a children's buffet. It was actually set up on low tables so the children could help themselves. When they got bored, there was definitely enough room for them to wonder around.

When the 2 year old got antsy , I was walking around with him and asked him if he wanted to try the turkey. The chef was great......he even cut up the turkey into little bites for him. He went back twice for more turkey.

The food for the adults was very good..........didn't like the green beans but that is a personal choice. I think we had corn chowder and it was fabulous. The turkey was moist (just ask my 2 year old grandson).

The desserts were wonderful......one of the best pieces of cheese cake I've had in a long time.

I have only one suggestion..........a few kid friendly deserts would have been nice. Pudding, jello,
or cookies. The adult desserts were great but lost on kids. I know two of the boys shared a piece of decadent chocolate cake but would have preferred something simpler.

The wait staff was friendly, courteous and overall just great.

We will definitely be back Easter.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank justtraveling98
sheratonbucks, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear justtraveling98,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us for the Thanksgiving Dinner, and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the selection. We will certainly review your suggestions regarding the child-friendly items in our next meeting. Again, thank you so much for your kind words, and we look forward to having you back in the spring!

-Hotel Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!