“Stay because of Sesame Place”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Stay because of Sesame Place”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is quite old. We arrived and were bumped for our first night to a hotel out in the middle of nowhere due to 2 out of 3 elevators being out of service and they stayed that way when we came back to the hotel. The maid service was spotty, they missed days of the three we were actually there. The restaurant was very basic. We tried it the first day we were actually staying in the hotel and it has the feel of a former rental space/ball room/breakout room whatever you want to call it with some tables randomly thrown in there. Didn't like it but there are plenty of restaurants nearby so we found there to be no reason to go back.

The best thing about the hotel is the convenience of getting to Sesame Place (the reason for our visit.) They offer a shuttle which was very convenient. We would have liked to walk but the major road that would have to be crossed would be too scary with kids in tow.

Overall, I think it is a bit expensive for what is really just a tired old hotel. The front desk promised a credit on our bill for the inconvenience of the elevators and being bumped but I had to chase it and even after emails to the front desk manager I still had to go to the travel booking website that I booked thru and ask their customer service to assist me with getting the promised refund. As soon as I did that, the hotel came thru with the credit.

All this sounds bad but If we go back to Sesame Place and I can see it happening at least one more time I might very well choose this Sheraton as it is so convenient to Sesame Place. It really is that convenient. I would also probably not pre-pay my booking just in case...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mark B
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking your time and reviewing us on tripadvisor. first of all, please accept our sincerest apologizes for the inconveniences. The description of your stay is highly unlike service that we strive to provide. You message is being shared with our management team and out staff. so we can learn from it. However we have an exciting renovations coming in sooner than later. We are looking to renovate the entire property from top to bottom by 2014. Please stay with us again on your next trip to langhorne so we can show you what is real sheraton bucks county experience about. Please reach out to us at info@sheratonbuckscounty.net for any further feedback so we can discuss about any further feedbacks you may have.

Best regards,

Ugur Yeni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2013

An excellent well kept hotel to stay at for a business meeting or leisure. Staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Hotel restaurant and meeting catering above average. Located close to businesses in Bucks County PA, NJ and Sesame Place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sheratonbucks, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Best Regards,
Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My cousins and I decided to take our little ones to Sesame place as sort of a "last hoorah/ end of the summer" trip.. This was my niece's first amusement park, first stay at a hotel, first road trip, and I must say she had a blast! Our overall experience at the hotel was very welcoming, took a little while for us to find parking but we got it. One associate in particular was very helpful and the kids loved him! his name was Emmanuel, he carried our bags to our rooms and the whole way up the kids excitedly yelled to him about their experience with Elmo! He spoke with them and made them laugh, he was very polite and professional. I'm currently a student majoring in travel and hospitality, and dealing with customer service at my job I know what its like to get good reviews, this is a little late since we were the in August, but Its well worth it! Thank you Emmanuel, and thank you Sheraton for your genuine hospitality!!!

Dear Misslady502,

it is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with during your recent trip to Langhorne. Our associate strive to create for best possible service to make our guests happy. Emmanuel is a great asset to his team and our guests. He appreciates that he got recognized for his service. We highly recognize our staff who do make the difference for our guests so thank you for taking your time and sharing this information with tripadvisor community and us.

We look forward to see you again for another sheraton bucks county experience.

Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to visit Sesame Street Place for our daughters 2nd birthday. Our trip was wonderful- we loved the hotel and especially the shuttle to and from the park on the half an hour. We thought everything was very clean and the room we stayed in was perfect! We requested a crib for our daughter and it worked out great. When we came home we realized we left our daughters baby doll at the hotel. I called the hotel front desk and spoke with ESTHER KIM who was AMAZING! She dropped what she was doing and went to check our room for her doll. She called me back about 15 minutes later and found her doll. She said she would get it out Fed Ex that same day and have her back to us ASAP. We got her back 2 days later and my daughter was THRILLED to have her back!!!! Thank you ESTHER KIM, you are wonderful! :)))))))

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Best Regards,
Brooklyn
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton across the street from Sesame Place. We took our son for his birthday who told the front desk agent. Moments after we got up to our room, someone arrived with two Elmo balloons, cookies and milk, and a birthday message reminding him to share with his sister. It was a really nice touch.

We enjoyed the pool the next morning and the hot tub before returning to the Park that afternoon. If you're going for a night or two, this is a great place to stay. You're near a lot of food options (among other things - Target, Walmart, etc.), which was crucial because the food was not good at all. The buffet breakfast was awful. But, iHop is around the corner!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and faced Sesame Place. We were able to watch the parade from our wind...
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor community. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel amenities. Please stay with us again for your next trip to Langhorne We look forward seeing you again..

Best regards,

Long Island
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After making a reservation at this hotel, based on its close proximity to Sesame Place (1/10 mile) & my confidence in the Sheraton name, I then read reviews...I know, did things backwards. I must say after doing so I was concerned, especially since I booked a non-refundable Summer Special ($159. a night plus tax, included $25. Mastercard gift card, 2 cans of coke & a small soft side cooler). My worry was without merit.

The lobby was large, attractive & desk staff accommodating. We arrived late a.m. & we were given a room right away, which allowed us to unload the car before heading to the park. I would not have lacked energy to do this after a long day. Our room was a nice size, had a large flat screen TV, a small fridge, comfortable beds, and it was clean.

There was a bit of a wait for elevators though I fortunately never had a 15 minute wait as someone else described. One of the 3 elevators was out of order. The more annoying thing with the elevators is each elevator set has its own up/down call button, as opposed to pushing one of the buttons & it registering to all 3 elevators. So, when a guest is waiting for an elevator they push the button to each elevator. Whichever one comes first, they get on. That means the other elevator(s) will stop at that floor even though no one is waiting. In short, be prepared to stop at almost every floor of this multi-level bldg. as you go up to your room & come down and find more often than not no one is there waiting to get on. I'm guessing it is a costly measure to tie in the elevator call buttons all together but if manageable it should be done. This would greatly reduce the wait problem that people seem to find annoying.

The staff was very pleasant. A lovely woman who drove the shuttle stopped by to say hello as I sat in the lobby early in the morning & chatted with me until people showed up for the van. Someone the night before was kind enough to heat a bottle for the child of someone traveling with me. In the morning complimentary coffee is offered in the bar area. I didn't see tea but when I asked, the restaurant staff poured me a cup to go. Everyone made you feel like anything they could do for you was not only not a problem but they were glad to help.

Although this hotel is only 1/10 of a mile from Sesame, it would not be a safe walk with a child. You must cross a busy highway (6 lanes), and although there is a traffic light, there are no sidewalks once you reach the other side. We wound up taking our car rather than wait for the shuttle, though it did seem to run often. I was told every 1/2 hr. There was a line for it in the morning hours & when we wanted to come home we preferred not to have to wait. That was my only disappointment. If it had been "across the street" in a walkable way I would have given this property 5 stars for this particular price range.

Room Tip: One of the lower floors. If you are on one of the highest floors plan on a simple elevator trip to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sheratonbucks, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your truthful and helpful review of our hotel. We do

have elevator delays sometimes, however, we have many features of the hotel that more

than make up for this. You highlighted our responsive staff as well as our welcoming

lobby, Sesame shuttle, and comfortable rooms, just to name a few of the perks that we

have to offer. It seems as though you had a great time and we hope that the amenities and

services that you pointed out will entice you to stay with us on your next visit to Bucks

County.

Amagansett, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been taking my grandson to Sesame Place, and staying at this hotel for the past 5 years. It is very conveniently located directly across the highway from the park and has regular shuttle vans to and from. The staff at the hotel could not be more accommodating and friendly. Michael, greeted us at the car, took our bags to our room, and helped to get us settled. He was also helpful throughout the rest of our stay with directions and local information. Since this hotel is at Sesame Place it is always full of little children and the staff goes out of there way to be child friendly. That said the facility, itself, is in need of updating. The rooms are old and a bit worn. They are clean but worn. The furniture is a little beat up. The tub needed to be refinished as the porcelain had completely worn off near the drain. Both the sink and tub didn't drain well ( they were very quick to send someone when we called about a backup) and the tub stopper did not keep the water in.
The reason to visit the Sheraton Bucks County is clearly to location and the staff, not the condition of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Howard,

We love to hear about families coming back to Sesame and our hotel year after year! We

hope that our convenient shuttle service and accommodating staff will continue to bring

you back in the future. Thank you for your sincere review and your continued patronage

over the years!

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!