“Great service but the worst food in the world!”

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed November 12, 2007

The rooms were clean and the front desk were very nice. What surprised my stay was how awful the food is here. Not just for myself but for even the people who were here for some conventions. Just talking to people and we all had the same complaints............how can the sheraton charge almost $12.00 for two egg whites? and waited over 30 minutes for it. I feel, if you can mess up on simple things like a burgar that was taken out of the freezer, eggs and hash browns I hate to see what meal you can do harm too!

I've eaten at plenty of hotel across the United States and this is the worst I've ever had.

I heard, this hotel had great food but with all the renovations they have lost that status.

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed October 10, 2007

I travel the East Coast with some frequency, and do business in this area so have stayed at this hotel many times. I continue to be amazed by the fabulous customer service. I have stayed at much more posh, expensive hotels in other cities...and they can all take a lesson in service from this group.

Being in the customer service biz myself, I've often wondered how they do it. Every single staff member you encounter will address you and ask about your stay..whether there's anything you need. This includes the person who greets you in the lobby, the front desk staff, tthe host in the concierge room, the service person who comes (quickly) to address a problem in your room, the random staffer--service guy, maid, whatever--you might pass in the hall.

This is true every time, every stay, every person. Truly amazing...and much appreciated by this weary traveler!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My boyfriend and I recently stayed there for a weekend trip to New Hope, PA. I wished I had known it was that close to Sesame Place. I would have chosen a different hotel. Too many crying children, and over-crowded. with families. The room was Ok, but I had to call to the front desk for a hair dryer which is stated as an amenity to the room. There were no outlets to use outher than one in the bathroom. The shower/tub had a very slow drain and the water did not drain out. Not too pleasant when you have to get in the shower after someone else. I would have informed the front desk of this problem but luckily we only stayed for one night. Also, the indoor pool closes very early. Never again.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Stayed for 3 nights mostly for Pennsylvania Parks holiday. I mostly reiterate the positive comments about this hotel and staff. I received differing responses on when the hotel rennovation happened, but it was definitely either done in 2006 or 2007 - and it was pretty complete. A couple of other points I didn't see on the other reviews.
- they charge $10 (I think per day) parking charge, but they will waive if you are a Starwoods Member
- they offer fridges and microwaves, but charge approx $20/day each
- called the sheraton # to book, who said it was unavailable, but I was able to get a room through Hotels.com (for 25% off too). We ended up with that I think was a handicap-friendly room, but that worked out fine for us (other than the fact that there were initially no trash cans in the room - strange)
- the hotel is also right behind the local hospital (you never know...)
- my room was on the 2nd floor and so the dripping of the air conditioner water condensation from the floors above us drove us a bit crazy - asked the front desk to look at it, but I guess they couldn't do anything about it

Reviewed August 23, 2007

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I stayed for one night 8/15 in between 2 days at Sesame Place. Overall, our experience was a pleasant one. I walked to the hotel from the park with my daughter, it is that close. The room was ready on time. The staff was incredibly courteous and helpful in every way. The beds were super comfortable. The gym was more than adequate for a hotel. The $203 we paid was more than I would have liked for what was really just a place to crash after a long day at the park, but we booked the day before and didn’t have many options.

We would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again ourselves.

Reviewed August 14, 2007

I have never written a review before but I had to comment. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Our room was not ready and we had to wait for over an hour, even though we arrived past check in time. The manager argued with me, even though it was the hotels fault. First day our room did not get cleaned until 6 pm. 2nd day they though we had checked out had threw our stuff in the trash!
The employees are horrible, not helpful, and rude to the guests. I called the general manager and he never called me back. I had to hunt him down. He offered to return my points but has not done so.
The suites are over the pool and it is sooo loud. They do not close the pool down at 10 even though they say they do and it opens up at 6 am.
They charge for cribs and fridges.
Only good part was the location, and the bus to Sesame place is a nice feature. We had no problems with that, it ran as scheduled.

Reviewed July 26, 2007

The Sheraton Buck's County is across the street from the Sesame Place Amusement Park. We could literally see most of the park from our hotel room window. The room was clean, no complaints. I had booked a room at the Marriott down the street, but cancelled it when I found this room at $20 cheaper (and I usually like Sheraton hotels). If our stay had been during the week, this rate would also have included continental breakfast.
The staff here were all very friendly, pleasant and helpful. The complimentary shuttle to the park was convenient and both drivers we dealt with were very nice. The room service prices are ridiculous (even more than the usual inflated room service prices). My husband went down to the restaurant & got a few snacks to go - it was alot cheaper that way. I had the cheese quesadilla & it was really not very good. There are so many restaurants in the area, dont bother eating at the hotel. Otherwise we had a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!