“So scary I did not stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Hamilton, New York
“So scary I did not stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

I had misgivings when I pulled into the parking lot and the doors all faced the parking lot and some of them were bare metal, but I thought, "maybe they were repainting or remodeling". The walkway up to the "Lobby" reeked of vomit, again I thought "Ok maybe a kid was sick" (reasonable since Sesame Place is right nearby). The man at the desk was nice, however a little flustered with 4 people on line and he was clearly working alone. He was quick and efficient. I went to my room. which was on the second floor, up a set of stairs or rickety looking elevator. I did not want to wait so I took the steps which were dark even at 5pm. The room was clean and tidy but I got a bad feeling about this place. I just did not feel safe since I was a woman traveling alone. I had plans that night to go out with some old friends and dreaded the idea of coming back here at night alone. I actually turned around and cancelled my stay and ended up staying with a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank elisa1031

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Stayed here twice this June during our vacation (at the beginning and again at end) both times to go to Sesame Place. Both rooms covered our needs, comfy bed, fridge, as quiet as any hotel these days, and the kids could play comfortably. Red Roof has the lowest price in the area, and was very close to Sesame, which is what we looked for.

One thing to watch out for very easy to order pay TV...our 6 year old turned the TV on and apparently ordered a movie before he found the kids channels.

If coming to spend more then one night I might look at the other hotels in the area as apparently others have Sesame Place deals that include tickets and a shuttle, and so called better amenities, but really for the price we where more then happy and would book again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

This Motel is not bad. The room had a little bit of a musty smell to it but overall the facilities were clean. The price was good for going to Sesame Place. There are not a lot of convience things to speak of but there are restaurants and shopping nearby and is about a mile from Sesame Place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

We were thrilled with our room. I chose a room with a king bed and fridge/microwave. The room was very clean and we had plenty of room to move around. This place is no frills, but it is clean, in a great location and you cannot beat the price. We will stay there again for sure.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed sunday may 31st...on arrival was greeted by a man at the service desk that told us we were "way to early, besides there are six Arabs waiting for a room ahead of you". I thought this was incredibly rude and racist. We were very early and as I have a 2 year old just wanted to see if we might be able to check in early and that is the response I got. Instead we went directly to Sesame Place for the day. Upon arrival to the Hotel check-in was fine but once in the hotel room things changed. Immediately there was a smell almost like sweaty feet throughout the room. My wife went to use the bathroom only to discover the bathtub had hair all over it. Absolutely disgusting looked like someone shaved a dog in it..I called the office and the guy seemed bothered that I asked if someone could please come clean it. A few minutes later He showed up at the door personally with a bucket and cleaning supplies. I guess they were short staffed. I thanked him but then when I told him our remote control for the tv was not working I thought he was gonna cry..we stayed the night but my wife and I wore flip flops around the room as god knows what was on that carpet..Upon checkout when asked how our stay was I told the gentleman about the issues(a different man) and he seemed to be very understanding and took my phone number..I'm not looking for a free room or discounts though as I will NEVER stay here again...Absolutely disgusting room, very poor customer service overall. Next time we will stay somewhere else and I do not recommend staying here unless you want athlete's foot.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mjjf77
Langhorne, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

I have criss crossed this country from one end to the other, and in all honesty, this is the best hotel location I've ever stayed in. In price, its the most reasonable of all the local hotels. The rooms are incredible clean, not worn. The grounds are impeccably clean and well maintained, as is the building. The staff is beyond friendly, and are truly here to serve you. You know its a great place when your needs are met seconds before you ask! Need a cab? They'll call for you. Need a place to eat? They'll suggest and direct. Need an extra blanket? No problem. Iron? Not a problem.

The pillows are fluffy, bathroom spotless, towels soft and bright white, ample shampoo/soap, a/c kicks and heater rocks! The location is convenient to I95 and Rt 1.

Love this hotel. I can truly say that this is low price, low amenities (no hairdryer, room service, or pool), with top notch friendly service.

When you check out and they ask "How was your stay?", they REALLY want to know. And, if you had a pleasant visit, they're TRULY pleased.

PS~~~ I do not work for and am not related to any employee of Red Roof Langhorne.. but wish I was!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

This inn was in the best possible location for my needs and was more reasonably priced than anything else I could find in the area. Though at a major intersection, I never heard traffic noise, nor was there any noise from neighbors in the inn, though it seemed fairly full. Room was on the small side, but the king size bed was comfortable, and everything seemed clean and well taken care of.

The check-in clerk was efficient enough, but not at all friendly nor seemingly happy to perform his duties. The check-out clerk, on the other hand, was very friendly. Those who serve the public need to learn that a simple smile and upbeat attitude can make a huge difference in the overall impression of the establishment.

The price was so far below other places in the area, yet for my purposes, this inn provided everything I needed. I would certainly return the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cjsalexva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!