“Sesame Place Family Vacation”

Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been going to The Red Roof Inn Oxford Valley since 2006, it is so close to Sesame Place, many family restaurants close too .. AAA , Target ..Marshalls . Six Flags Great Adventure..It is just great for the whole family.. This hotel is top of the line for a family with a budget... Clean newly renovated room's , friendly Guest services, Non smoking , well lite parking lot ,,shopping close by I could go on & on I have never stayed at any hotel with such great hospitality and courtesy service then this one..They went out of there way to make our trip the very best and I will stay there again and again.. Thanks to Red Roof for making my kid's dreams of Sesame Place come true again & again...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa P
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Since 2006! Thank you for choosing our Inn during your visits to Sesame Place and Oxford Valley. It is very encouraging to hear from our returning guests, as my staff and I are very proud of our Inn and are richly rewarded when we receive a review such as yours. We look forward to your next visit and once again, thank you.

J L. Williams

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here in mid June for a family graduation party nearby. I reserved three rooms and two of the rooms were fine. One of the rooms had blood on the sheets and bugs on top of the blood. Unfortunately, when we checked in it was very late and my daughter (who got stuck with the buggy room) didn't want to disturb the rest of us so she went to the lobby and requested new sheets (as housekeeping was closed). I spoke to the manager afterwards who only replied with, "My apologies, we have called pest control and will let you know the outcome." Well, here is my outcome -- I will never stay in another Red Roof Inn in Langhorne PA ever again!! To the manager - you still owe me a call back (I tried calling everyday for a week) and a refund for room 228 on June 15th!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura W

I am very sorry that your visit was less than satisfactory. I would like to say that Red Roof Inns are very pro-active in their pest control programs through arrangements with a nationally recognized Pest Control Agency. This however does not prevent such events from occurring. As we are made aware, we initiate immediate action to resolve and prevent recurrence. I assure you that every effort is made to ensure such instances do not recur.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just stayed for two nights while visiting Sesame Place (only 1 mile away). Liked the laminate floor (I.e., no musty carpet). Room was mostly clean, and Internet was fine. Very no frills here, with few amenities, but a decent, basic accommodation, and good value for the price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank beak49
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean room, soft towel, comfortable bed, coffee making and easy parking facility, even got a safe. Friendly staff. What else to ask for? Pretty good for a 1 bedroom ensuite under USD80. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Earthling2108

Dear Frank: Thank you! My staff and I are very proud of our Inn and truly appreciate comments such as yours. I believe that we were being renovated during your visit; and would like to point out that we are now 100% smoke free. We look forward to your return and want to hear your thoughts on our "new Inn".

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were visiting both Philadelphia and New Hope, PA, and wanted a place well located for both. Right off the highway but near to a bevy of restaurants this place provides clean, expected accommodation at great prices. This is a classic "on the road" hotel but with a few extra touches that make it worth a stop.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FrankHutch
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I needed a place for a week to start a new job in the area. The RRI was the cheapest. I got the King room with extra work space for an extra 5 bucks a night. The place is no frills, but certainly adequate. I did not feel like a VIP staying there, but it was clean and I was there for four nights and had no problems.

I chose not to have housekeeping attend to my room because of all of the things I was leaving there during the day. I had no reason to distrust them. I just thought it was prudent. Anyway, I can't comment on housekeeping as a result.

I was surprised that there was no closet, just a shelf on the wall with a bar below it.

FYI: There was no iron and board, either, I did not need one nor did I request one, so I don't know if they are available.

Location-wise it is near all of the others. The area is all highways going around the quite large Oxford Valley Mall and every conceivable chain store. You can buy anything you want with a 1 minute drive (including entrance to Sesame Place, if you care). You will not, however, look out of your window and admire nature's beauty. And you will not look at the building and be particularly impressed.

It is what it is. Cheap and adequate. Wi-fi was adequate as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank deadonred

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding our Inn, and am happy that your visit was satisfactory. I trust that during your stay, you noted that we were in process of being renovated (now complete). We have completely upgraded our rooms (totally non-smoking) and added several amenities such as irons, hair dryers to our Superior King rooms. We also anticipate adding to our doubles as well. Red Roof Inns are economy hotels, that is we do not provide the amenities of a Full Service (Sheraton) or Mid Scale (Holiday Inn) to our rooms. Thus we are able to maintain our rates much lower than the surrounding Inns. We do however provide many items free of charge at our Front Desk--irons, hair dryers, shaving accessories, tooth paste and brushes, combs and several additional items are all available upon request. Again, I would like to thank you for staying with us, and hope you will do so again soon to experience our upgrades.

General Manger

Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were again here and as always the trip was great and the inn was all i can ask for. the people at the inn are great, they really are. so helpful and kind and considerate of all we want and need. i always stay here and stay here several times a year at 4 to 5 times and never regret it.

Room Tip: 2 blocks from sesame place
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara S
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you so very much for your splendid comments on your review of our Inn. Sharing your comments with my staff was a pleasure and aids imensely as a motivator for each of our staff members. Our renovation is now complete, we are fully a non-smoking Inn, and truly look forward to more reviews such as yours.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Oxford Valley.

J L Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!