“Cheap and adequate.”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
New Jersey
“Cheap and adequate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I needed a place for a week to start a new job in the area. The RRI was the cheapest. I got the King room with extra work space for an extra 5 bucks a night. The place is no frills, but certainly adequate. I did not feel like a VIP staying there, but it was clean and I was there for four nights and had no problems.

I chose not to have housekeeping attend to my room because of all of the things I was leaving there during the day. I had no reason to distrust them. I just thought it was prudent. Anyway, I can't comment on housekeeping as a result.

I was surprised that there was no closet, just a shelf on the wall with a bar below it.

FYI: There was no iron and board, either, I did not need one nor did I request one, so I don't know if they are available.

Location-wise it is near all of the others. The area is all highways going around the quite large Oxford Valley Mall and every conceivable chain store. You can buy anything you want with a 1 minute drive (including entrance to Sesame Place, if you care). You will not, however, look out of your window and admire nature's beauty. And you will not look at the building and be particularly impressed.

It is what it is. Cheap and adequate. Wi-fi was adequate as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank deadonred
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding our Inn, and am happy that your visit was satisfactory. I trust that during your stay, you noted that we were in process of being renovated (now complete). We have completely upgraded our rooms (totally non-smoking) and added several amenities such as irons, hair dryers to our Superior King rooms. We also anticipate adding to our doubles as well. Red Roof Inns are economy hotels, that is we do not provide the amenities of a Full Service (Sheraton) or Mid Scale (Holiday Inn) to our rooms. Thus we are able to maintain our rates much lower than the surrounding Inns. We do however provide many items free of charge at our Front Desk--irons, hair dryers, shaving accessories, tooth paste and brushes, combs and several additional items are all available upon request. Again, I would like to thank you for staying with us, and hope you will do so again soon to experience our upgrades.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were again here and as always the trip was great and the inn was all i can ask for. the people at the inn are great, they really are. so helpful and kind and considerate of all we want and need. i always stay here and stay here several times a year at 4 to 5 times and never regret it.

Room Tip: 2 blocks from sesame place
2 Thank Barbara S
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so very much for your splendid comments on your review of our Inn. Sharing your comments with my staff was a pleasure and aids imensely as a motivator for each of our staff members. Our renovation is now complete, we are fully a non-smoking Inn, and truly look forward to more reviews such as yours.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Oxford Valley.

Secane, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have NEVER had an INTERNET problem with RED ROOF inn - NEVER ever except for the Essington, PA location which once gave me a room where everything was broken and I then had to change rooms. This particular location at Langhorne surprised me with a failing internet connection! I could not connect and had to call their helpdesk who tried very hard to get me connected...but the connection kept dropping!! I had come there to work on my online college courses and therefore my internet had to be 100% ON...I had no choice but to check out the next morning since it kept failing...They were apologetic about it and charged me only for that one night. I then drove across to the Holiday Inn Express across the street and checked in. Their INTERNET was 110% ON and their room was awesome!! Sorry Red Roof Langhorne, PA but you let me down!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ClintEastwood007
Dear Clint: I truly understand your frustration with our WiFi program. As we were going through our renovation, we were experiencing problems that we could not rectify. As our renovation is now complete, we are in process of upgrading our WiFi to a much more enhanced system. We think this will resolve problems you described in your review. Expected completion of that upgrade is mid-August, and we cannot wait.

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred and hope that in the near future, you will be able to try us again with much better results.

Yonkers, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed at the Red Roof for 1 night back on April 20th. We decided to stay there because we read it was updates and because it is very close to Sesame Place. The room we stayed in was not renovated and needed a lot of TLC. The carpet was stained and appeared dirty and the bath tub had rust in it. We already had a reservation to stay at this property again in June when we visit Sesame Place again. I already called the hotel and they said they will try to get us into a renovated room when we visit again in June. I have stayed in a few other new renovated Red Roof hotels and they were beautiful. I love that they are putting in hard wood floors rather then rugs. I think this hotel is going to be perfect once all the renovations are complete. Great location, very friendly staff, rooms need work but they are working on it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to our Inn. I truly appreciate your candor and do want you to know that we have been completely renovated as of June 15th. With that, we have also become 100% non-smoking. My staff and I are very proud of our new look and feel that our guests will like it also. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Thank you again,

new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This Red Roof looks like it may be an older property but I thought it was very well kept. Grounds were nice too. It is tucked around the corner behind some trees off a major route so some traffic heard, but I thought it was pretty quiet. On the edge of an office park, so the road may be busy during the week, but no traffic on a weekend. Lots of shopping nearby, mall, grocery, restaurants. Felt safe and it was clean. Easy check in, out. Took us less then 30 minutes to get here from Philadelphia on a busy Friday night. 10 minutes from Neshaminy Park where we were attending an event. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear MrMisrule; Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay at our Inn. you are right, we are somehwat older.....however we do try to keep our Inn in good condition and attractive. My staff and I are very proud of our Inn. We are currently nearing the end of our renovation, wtih only bathrooms and exterior painting left to do. We can't wait. With Sesame Place and two industrial parks, several medical centers nearby, we are looking forward to the summer season and hope to see you here again soon.

Westchester, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well, I'm staying at another Red Roof. I'm in a renovated King sized room. The room is fine, what I expected. The bathroom however needs help, the tub has a big rust stain. I guess they haven't gotten to do the tubs yet. Bottom line, would I stay here again - yes. The price is right, and surrounded by strip malls and places to eat. Sesame Street Place is up the street and luckily closed;I can imagine that dollar conscience parents would stay here. Plenty of hotels in the area if this isn't your speed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MmelaWestchester_NY
Dear Mmela: Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay at our Inn. We always look forward to hearing about our guests visits. As you are aware, we are currently in the midst of renovatlion, and appreciate your thoughts about the completed rooms. We realize our Bath tubs are also in need,,, and will be refinished/repaired as the rooms are completed. We are looking forward to completion of all work by mid June. My sincerest thanks again for choosing Red Roof.

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's a Red Roof. Not the Ritz. So it's pretty basic. But it was clean and quiet. And I felt safe there. The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant. Little bit of a hassle that the only ice machine is next to the front desk - but whatever. What do you really want for a $75 room to lay your head in over night? :-) I'm not sure about the previous 'bit up' comment. Our mattress and bedding appeared to be brand new. And comfortable. We slept very well. The room was tidy if a little tired. I guess if I had to nit pick there were stains on the carpet - but at that price I'm OK with it. We wanted an inexpensive place to stay one night and we got it. If I have to go to Langhorne again I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
LovetheUK; Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Red Roof Inn. We sincerely appreciate your comments and patronage. As you are aware, we are currently in the midst of a complete renovation which should enhance our service, appearance, and amenities immensely. We look forward to seeing you again after this rehabilitation is completed.
PS: I too love the UK...I lived there for twelve years!

Jerry L. Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!