“trip to sesame place”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Providence, Rhode Island
“trip to sesame place”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We as a family love to go to Sesame Place and this is the closet hotel and it is friendly, clean and everyone is so helpful. The rates are reasonable and having the Redcard earning points for free nights is amazing. We have been there 4 times this year alone due to my son having autism and getting free tickets through Variety to go to Sesame Place is amazing. This Inn is so close to Sesame Place that i could not pick a better place to go. Everything is close so you don't have far to go if you need something. Although there is no pool but Sesame Place is a waterpark so for us having no pool is not a problem. We have been staying at RedRoof for over 6 years up and down the east coast and wouldn't stay at anyother hotel. Thank you all for making our stays with you friendly and enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed here, and reviewed, before so the fact I'm back means it was truly OK and good value given the other local options.

I had a Superior King with coffee maker and safe that was large, clean, and quiet except for the people returning to their room in high heels at 2 am (but nothing can be done about that).

Internet access was good (and free) but I was disappointed in the morning that there was no coffee in the lobby like in other RRI. The coffee maker only made 2 small cups.

Still, no complaints and I'll visit again when I come through this area.

Room Tip: Get the top floor so people aren't walking on your head (a general tip for any motel)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I realize I am a little late in response, however technical problems prevented earlier response. We truly do appreciate your being a "return guest" and really mean it when we say thank you! We take pride in our Inn and make every attempt to ensure our guests are satisfied. We have addressed the lack of coffee in our lobby, however local township is controlling factor therein. For your next visit, let us know and we can happily provide more supplies. Beginning in February, we are upgrading our Inn. We are renovating our entire Inn and will become "smoke free" at this time. WE still look forward to your return visit and promise that we will do our best on your behalf. Thank you again for your comments and thoughts.,

J. L. Williams
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My dog Peggy and I were forced to evacuate our 1st ocean block home Sunday night before hurricane Sandy struck. The Langhorne, PA Red Roof Inn had one of the only available pet-friendly rooms within 50 miles of my home and the manager, Jerry and front desk staff welcomed me late that night. Jerry reassured me I would be safe and the hotel wouldn't lose power and he was right! Only a few trees fell during the storm, and we had power the entire time (minus 10 secs) while others in the county lost theirs for many days. My room was very affordable, comfortable, and included microwave, fridge, cable and free wifi. The location was also great - near shopping, movie theaters, various restaurants - even parks where Peggy could get some relief from 'cabin fever'! The entire staff was very friendly and extended my stay a day or 2 at a time until my power and hot water were restored 12 days later! I was very grateful to have had a safe and comfortable place to stay during a stressful and scary experience - many thanks to all the great staff at Red Roof!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Cheryl: I trust that by now you and "Peggy" have resettled at home and have not had much damage or loss. My staff and I are very pleased that we were able to be of assistance and enjoyed meeting Peggy. Our goal is to make each guest stay as comfortable and satisfactory as possible. We are proud that we were able to do so for you both. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope in the future we can meet Peggy again with out Sandy!

Jerry Williams,
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Due to hurricane Sandy I was without electricity, cable and TV and needed immediate housing. i worked my way end for nice hotels to "I just need a bed" types.

3dr time was the charm and I go the last room available (301) at Red Roof. Front staff was friendly and check in hassle free. To Red Roof's credit the rates remained the same (no price gouging due to storm). Room was small but clean. Our room was supposed to be "non-smoking" but had that stale cigarette smell, cigarette burns on the bedding and toilet seat along with an actually ash tray (whatever). Bed was however comfortable given the price(not great just comfortable) Phone broke after the 2nd day. Internet was "free" but basically useless. Super slow just web browsing. YouTube and Netflix was useless.

Whatever you do don't get a room next to the stairs. As people ran up and down it sound like a drum in the room and I swear the floor actually vibrated.

On the plus the hotel was super close to the oxford Valley mall and movie theater.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate your letting us know about your stay at our Inn. There is no excuse for poor service, and I will attempt to make none. I have reviewed our records for the period of your stay and believe we have resolved the problems you identified. I am very surprised at the WiFi problems as we have a very good arrangement with our carrier and have forward your comments to them. I hope by now you have been able to return home and thati the future we can persuade you to give us a second chance without the benefit of a Hurricane. My sincerest thanks for your comments.

Jerry L. Williams
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here becoz of the heavy strom and came from new york and the hotel staff is really nice and helpfull and thank god i found safe place . And the location is really good ,too.thts a good journey with the family .

• Stayed October 2012
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
My staff and I sincerely feel for you and your leaving home because of Sandy. We are very happy we were able to accomodate you and that your stay was satisfactory. It is a very trying and stressful time and if we were able to alleviate some of that, we are extremely greatful. Lets hope your next visit to our Inn will be under more pleasant conditions. Good Luck on your return home.

J :L Williams
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is really good and safe I stayed dere all the time with my family , I love this place and vruddhi the desk person is really helpfull when I been there she bright there crib for my kids and extra blanket and pillow ,she is really helpfull all the time .

Stayed October 2012
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
GuyT: Thank you so very much for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Inn at Oxford Valley. We like to think we are both children and pet friendly; as my staff and I are very proud of our Inn and sincerely appreciate your taking time to tell us about your visit. We are also very proud of Vruddhi, who remains one of the stars of our Inn. Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

J L Williams
General Manager.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here two nights ago the location is nice and the staff is really helpful and the menager Jerry is really helpful person I use to travel every year and I always have pleasant experience here.my children love sesame place and its just 3 minutes away from this hotel,

• Stayed October 2012
My staff and I sincerely appreicate your taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn. We always welcome the opportunity to assist our guests in their trek to visit Philadelphia and visit the many sights in this area. My staff really enjoyed hearing that your trip around our part ot the state was a success and hope that you will soon return for a second go round. Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

J L Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!