“Visit to see state”

Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
“Visit to see state”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here two nights ago the location is nice and the staff is really helpful and the menager Jerry is really helpful person I use to travel every year and I always have pleasant experience here.my children love sesame place and its just 3 minutes away from this hotel,

• Stayed October 2012
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
My staff and I sincerely appreicate your taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn. We always welcome the opportunity to assist our guests in their trek to visit Philadelphia and visit the many sights in this area. My staff really enjoyed hearing that your trip around our part ot the state was a success and hope that you will soon return for a second go round. Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

J L Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The Red Roof Inn a great stay Customer. Service Awesome the rooms and property. Where very clean It's. Great for family and kids. This property. Is near all shopping. Centers restraunts and more Customer. Service was just awssome be back soon

• Stayed September 2012
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Welcome back! It is always great to see our favorite customers and know that they have had a great experience at our Inn. Sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at this hotel in past. And everything was above average as usual. The front desk staff, especially Veronika, were very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were very efficient. Our room was very clean. We gad a pleasant stay.

P.S.
We always travel with our dog and have never had a problem at this location.

• Stayed October 2012
We sincerely appreciate pet owners at our Inn. We do understand that pets become part of the family and encourage our guests to bring your pets. We remain pet friendly. We sincerely appreciate your comments and patronage. hope to see you again soon.
Merrick, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We needed to have a place to sleep for a funeral and this was close to where we needed to stay. We showed up about 10pm and the person behind the counter......was not rude but not that pleasant. The reception area when I walked in smelled like smoke, not a good start. He checked me in and gave me the room keys. I proceed with my family to the room. As I opened the door it smelled like a swimming pool was inside, the smell of chlorine was overwhelming. Housekeeping must have spilled bleach in the bathroom, the fumes were overpowering. I went to the front desk and he was able to switch me to another room. That room smelled a bit like smoke, even though it was a non smoking room. Neither of my kids was very happy. Overall the man at the front desk did what he could, had no personality but tried to help. Clearly you get what you pay for and it shows that management is not on top of what goes on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Our condolences, even though late. I am very sincere when I say I am totally disappointed as well. I realize some time has passed since your vist; but would like to say some drastic changes have taken place. Revised management programs, changes in our operational procedures, new techniques in our cleaning process (reducing the bleach content); and replacing and re-training many of our employees. We believe that we have made many positive strides to eliminate the problems you identified. In addition, we are looking forward to a thorough renovation early in the new year. Hopefully, you will give us a second chance to prove that we are much better than you experienced.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We walked into our room and were hit with an overwhelming smell of cat urine and stale smoke. We called the front desk an hour later and told him his rude response was I can give you a can of spry for the smell cause all our rooms are pets friendly!!! I said what about smoke friendly because our room smells of that too he said oh no they are smoke free. Yeah right! We went to bed hoping morning would come quickly because we were so scared of how bad the germs were but we get into the bed and are poked all night by the springs in the super uncomfortable bed! I go to check out and told the front desk she just responded well it says our rooms ate pet friendly so not our fault. She told me to write my complaint on a piece of paper for the manager not sure what good that did because I never got a response. Also we paid 130.00 for one night stay wish I would have paid the extra 70 for the Sheratan that had a shuttle for free and a huge breakfast included!!! Do not go f you have small children or allergies!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tictocclk
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed August 29, 2012

After a long exhausting day at Sesame Place with my 4yr old I made a last minute on-line booking at the cheapest place I could find that was nearby. Honestly, I was expecting it to be kinda grungy but what I found was a hotel with some very nice features that I thought could easily grab a couple more stars with just a little effort. The room was quite clean with a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker which is all we needed for an overnight stay. The furnishings were fine if a little dated looking. I loved the Air Conditioner they had in the room. It looked pretty much like all other motel airconditioners but this one allowed infinite temperature settings, plus low, med, & high fan speeds AND MOST IMPORTANT it did not cycle on/off all night long. With the fan speed on low, I had the best nights sleep I have had in a motel in a long time. If I am in Langhorne, PA again, this is where I am staying!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For the price I paid I was expecting the rooms to be a bit run down, ya know dirty carpet that hasn't been updated since the 70's..the kind you don't walk barefoot on. But I was pleasantly suprised to find that the rooms were very nice and up to date. The service was amazing!! Our housekeeper noticed our two pack and plays and made it a piont to leave us extra towels. The facility is in a nice quiet area and is very clean. And as I stated earlier the staff members are all kind and attentive.
It is right down the street from Sesame Place, so there is really no need for a pool because by the time you get back to the hotel the kids are exhausted. The only thing I wish they had was breakfast. But for the price we paid I was very happy with what we got!

Room Tip: We got the King Deluxe room and it fit two pack and plays well, and you still had room to walk aroun...