“A Gem in the Heart of Langhorne”
Review of Bella Tori

Bella Tori
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Tori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Langhorne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Avenue
Transit: Pendell train station, minutes away, have dinner at Bella Tori then take the train into the city for a show.
Bucks County, PA
“A Gem in the Heart of Langhorne”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Bella Tori, a restored Victorian mansion in the heart of Langhorne, is my wife's favorite place for Sunday brunch. We have always been satisfied by the cold seafood display and omelet station. Other dishes tend toward Italian cuisine. Seating is intimate, so it can be crowded on a holiday.

Dinners are dressy and elegant. I like the cocktails and wine list. Call for reservations to assure seating.

1 Thank e3ceprise

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Never again”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to like this place so much. We had been there for dinner before and it was good, and we had heard that the brunch was good, so we decided to try it. The snow was not properly cleared away in the parking lot so that created problems before we even got inside. Once inside, we were seated promptly and a very nice waitress came over. She said to our table " can I get anyone coffee, tea, juice, Bloody Mary?" Not sure if she wanted to make it seem like the alcoholic drinks were included, but that is what it sounded like to us. We asked if they were included, and she replied that they were $7 each. We are positive that she never would have told us there was a charge if we didn't ask. We ordered several for our table. Then the fun began. It is so tight and awkward trying to get food. The waiters are constantly screaming " there are 3 lines" but one line is for the omelette station and the other two lines are really one line because first you get cold salads and then most people get out of line cause their plate is filled. Then you have to butt in front of people to get back into the hot line, which is the same continuing line from the salads. It is absolutely frustrating and almost impossible to explain to every person who tried to go in front of my family. All you heard was " are you in line?" Cause it is so tight that you can't get around the line til people move out of your way. Then there was a party in a room that is directly across from the first table- so as they are walking out to get into line, they have to go further and further back which now gets in the way of us getting to our table. Now let's talk about the food - the first table of cold salads ( Caesar, bad carrot raisin, grain something, etc) were at least nicely presented. There was a whole white fish in the middle that was not broken up into pieces, making it virtually impossible to get any to eat. How are your guests supposed to get chunks of white fish, without touching it and while holding a plate? One white fish for all those people? This is how you can say you offer it, but nobody gets to eat it. They were out of bagels when I got there. They were putting more out as I went up for my second plate. My first plate was Caesar salad and a piece of thin-cut pineapple. You would think that with at least 2 local bagel stores, the bagels would be hot, fresh and there would be a huge variety. I am pretty sure that they were frozen. Then after explaining to 12 people that we needed to get into the hot food line and can we please get in front of you, there were no eggs Benedict. All of this food is self -serve, so there is nobody to help you except your own server. I went back to my table with 3 pieces of French toast and that was delicious. I asked our waiter about the eggs Benedict and he said that he could get me one from the back. WHAT? Why aren't they bringing more out? Their brunch supposedly starts at 11, ( according to the person who had originally taken our reservation) and our reservation was for 11, and we got there at 11, so how could you be out already? I went back up to see what else there was, the potatoes were great, and now there was no more French toast. So three food items completely empty and they apparently feel no need for someone to watch over the food and fill up. When the eggs Benedict ( which I never did get) were halfway done, a new tray should have been brought out. Nobody at our table got another piece of French toast either cause they weren't refilling it and it was too aggravating trying to get back into line. Next was the dessert table. While the table looked nice, everything was from SAMs club or a place like that. Not one dessert was homemade. That was really disgusting when you think of what you are charged for brunch. Brownies, a carrot cake, a chocolate cake and a bunch of cheap, tasteless fill-ins. Our bill came and we were in disbelief that they actually have the nerve to add on a 20% tip for a buffet- we only got drinks from the servers, we had to prompt them to take our dirty dishes- but on top of all of that? They charged us $3 more PER BLOODY MARY cause they said we asked for premium liquor. Of course we had that taken off our bill but I wonder how many times that happens. Every person at our table was either still hungry, frustrated or just too tired to continue trying to get food when we left. Ironically, as we were leaving, we saw someone coming out of the party room that we knew. She said that everyone at her table was complaining about the difficulty in getting food and the time it took to stand in line. We won't ever be back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank jerseygirl047
“Italian specialist”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Was very good but expensive. it was a special occassion eventhough. My husband and I at there for our anniversary dinner. it was spacious and they played good music. good wait staff

• Visited October 2013
Bucks County
“Thanksgiving Buffet”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Overall good experience.....however, my water glass had lipstick on it.....I don't wear lipstick.....room was so hot my eyelids were sweating......beef so tough shook the table trying to cut it......cranberry sauce no where near the turkey.......chef gave a slice of turkey a 2 year old could eat......mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, turkey, shrimp, olives very tasty.....best thing I had was the chicken salad, awesome.....nice variety of desserts......my 83 yr old Dad had a lovely time at the dessert table......beautiful place & clean.....manager/owner very attentive, wait staff pretty good for their age & how busy the place was......my third visit & will go back.....luv the ambiance.......

Phila
“Captain Jack”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very classy upscale restaurant located in an old mansion in Langhorne Borough. The food a wait staff are excellent. Our cost for two people sharing an appetizer and desert with no drinks was $100.00 with tax and tip. This place just misses out being rated excellent for no particular reason other than I thought that although it was very good, it just wasn't "great".