“Gracious Dining in Historic Langhorne”
Review of Bella Tori

Bella Tori
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Tori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Langhorne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Avenue
Transit: Pendell train station, minutes away, have dinner at Bella Tori then take the train into the city for a show.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A beautifully preserved mansion is the site of this upscale restaurant on a lovely park-like property in the heart of Langhorne. The town is hundreds of years old and with many interesting historic homes and public buildings. A visit to Bella Tori will not only satisfy your desire for a wonderful meal served by friendly and attentive staff, but will also give you a sense of what life was like around the turn of the 20th century. Period furniture and rich decor surround you as you dine. The menu is varied and includes vegetarian fare. There is an extensive wine list, and an on-staff wine expert you will assist you in making the perfect choices. On our recent visit on their Friday evening bring-your-own-wine event, we challenged the expert with a 1958 vintage bottle of Spanish red. The cork was very brittle and we were dubious regarding the viability of the wine. He expertly drilled through the intransigent cork, double-decanted the contents, and to our amazed delight, presented us with a perfectly delicious complex wine.

Our appetizers included the classic Brucchetta and Rollatini di Melanzana, both hightening our expectations for the next course which included pasta and fish dishes, all beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. During the meal, we were treated to live classical guitar music by virtuoso Robert Schulze.

Put Bella Tori at the top of your list for special occasions!

1  Thank 40n75w

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were here for a conference. Food was good but definitely NOT what I expected. The servings were small to average and the food was good but nothing to write home about. The restaurant is BEAUTIFUL but very pricey.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant has been open for a few years.I had always heard that the food was good but service was terrible.I had been given a $100 gift certificate for christmas and decided to go at the last minute on a Saturday evening.The only reservation I could get was at 6:30 and was suprised at how busy the restaurant was when we arrived.I had cream of squash soup while the wife had a special salad.The main course was a filet migon done perfectly and a wild mushroom risotto dish with clams shrimp and chicken.We finished the meal sharing an Italian flan.Altogether we had 4 glasses of Zindenfel wine and the total bill (before tip) was $115.Lastly I must say the service was excellant.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family and I went to the Sunday brunch. We were the only ones in the dining room and had to wait a bit so that the buffet could be set up. You would think that if seating starts at 11am, that everything would be set up already but whatever. We thought it was odd that no one else was there, being as the place had been booked solid for weeks before, and then more people started showing up. We soon realized they were all just going to some bridal or baby shower upstairs. It ended up just being us and one other family in the dining room. Good thing we got there before the herd, because the line became ridiculous once everyone from the party came downstairs. It seemed to me like there should have been a separate buffet for those people or at least have them come at a different time after brunch.

So on to the food...
They have different areas where you can get breakfast foods, lunch, fruit and side dishes and desserts.

At first I thought it was just me...being sort of a picky eater and liking simple, plain things...but the rest of my family agreed that the food was average at best. All I wanted was breakfast foods -some bacon, scrambled eggs, some fruit and maybe pancakes or french toast. Well, the bacon was good. The french toast looked creepy with some crispy things on top that looked like corn flakes (I did try a piece and could only manage one bite). The omelette station cooked me some scrambled eggs and burnt them. The rest of my family said their omelettes were fine though. I think it got too hectic when the party came downstairs and the cook wasn't watching each pan close enough. I then opted for just a toasted bagel and butter. Took forever for the toaster to heat up so I scratched that idea and just ate a slightly warm bagel, which had no taste AT ALL. Ok, so now I go for just fruit. Fine. I nixed my breakfast food plan and tried the salmon with junk on top. The salmon, the bacon and the fruit were all good. This restaurant is definitely not for children or people that like things simple. There should have been a wider variety to cater to everyone.

Our server seemed nice, got everything we needed right away. But he was literally at our table every 2 minutes asking if we needed anything. We just wanted to eat in peace, but we found ourselves kind of rushing just to get done and out of there.

The place itself was cute I guess. An old Victorian-style building made into a restaurant set in historic Langhorne. We really wanted to like this place. But all we kept talking about was how we would go to the Cock n Bull in Peddler's Village next time or the Brick Hotel in Newtown. At least there, when you look out the window at those restaurants...you can people-watch and walk around look at shops. At this place...all you see is someone's home across the street.

Seemed a bit overpriced for what you get. And we had gift certificates.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The host was really nice and friendly, he is a gentleman that make sure we had a wonderful table near the fire place, he also maded sure that we had a delicious meal........The portions are large and the food was fresh and delicious. i would recommend this restaurant to any one. Also the man that plays the music is really nice and the way he plays the guitar is inspiring. You can tell that he really enjoys entertaining the guest........

Bella T, Front Office Manager at Bella Tori, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We hope to see you again in the near future. Regards, Bella Tori