“Gross.”

Great American Diner & Pub
Ranked #60 of 99 Restaurants in Langhorne
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Gross.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

The left side of the restaurant is a dark, bar like atmosphere, and still has the stale smoke stench lingering. The right side is bright and sunny and the better choice of where to be seated. It's one thing to go into a place and expect typical diner food, but it's another when the booths smell like stinky old cleaning rags, the staff is rude and someone starts cleaning the ceiling fan right above your table!! No joke. We had dust falling all over the table and when we said something, the person acted like they didn't understand us. Dirt falling in the potato soup and all. Management still charged us for EVERYTHING, even though we complained. They said we had eaten over half so they "couldn't" refund it. Really? Had the incident not happened, we'd have been able to at least choke down the rest our meal. Don't go here. Besides what happened to us, the place was shut down for health code violations a few years back as well.

• Visited August 2013

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Food is always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I love the food and the servers are always nice. It gets very loud late at night on weekends...teenagers and 20-somethings hangout here like it's their underage "bar" and have very little consideration for anyone else there. The staff doesn't seem to do anything about it. I'm not "elderly" or even close, but I do like going here later at night when other places close...it's ok during the week, but weekends are a bit rowdy. Again...food is great!

Visited June 2014
Ocala, Florida
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been coming here for years for breakfast. We usually get good service and coffee almost immediately after being seated. Their breakfast specials are good, down home cooking at very good prices. I look forward to coming here when I want breakfast out.

• Visited June 2014
Cherry Hill, NJ
“If I wanted BLAND... this place has 24 hours of it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My new family (locals in the area) said that if you're hungry for a certain kind of diner fare, this was the place, and it was the only local place (other than Denny's) that's open 24 hours. So we tried it here. Suggested: the potato soup, which was thick and delicious (although the waitress who was pretty good told us that the soup on the specials menu did not get the bells and whistles as if you ordered it solo.. the bacon bits and chives were missing. We ordered it anyway, and she snuck to to us anyway, so we had the full experience.) We ordered 2 of the dinner specials... a stuffed meatloaf (which my husband said could have done without the stuffing and was smothered in gravy.) Mine was chicken parmesan, which had the blandest, tasteless tomato sauce. I think this is the kind of place you find out what they do best (like the Ultimate Nachos) and stick with it. I just wish their chef would taste their own food before it's served.

• Visited June 2014
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“NO ONE NOTICED OUR PRESENCE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had tried this diner several years ago and the food was terrible, but thinking it may have gotten better over the years, we stopped here on the way to New Jersey after picking up my fiance's parents who flew into Phila.from Jamaica. Host greeted us half-heartedly, looked around for a table when there was a nice large booth right by his desk. So we asked for that. Then not one server noticed us or acknowledged we were there. After about 10 minutes or so we got up, told the host no one was waiting on us and the server was waiting on someone who came in after us. It was very upsetting and his elderly parents needed to eat something. We were very upset and embarrassed that our guests from Jamaica were unable to get something to eat!
Needless to say, we will never be returning.

• Visited May 2014