“If I wanted BLAND... this place has 24 hours of it.”

Great American Diner & Pub
Ranked #82 of 100 Restaurants in Langhorne
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Cherry Hill, NJ
“If I wanted BLAND... this place has 24 hours of it.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My new family (locals in the area) said that if you're hungry for a certain kind of diner fare, this was the place, and it was the only local place (other than Denny's) that's open 24 hours. So we tried it here. Suggested: the potato soup, which was thick and delicious (although the waitress who was pretty good told us that the soup on the specials menu did not get the bells and whistles as if you ordered it solo.. the bacon bits and chives were missing. We ordered it anyway, and she snuck to to us anyway, so we had the full experience.) We ordered 2 of the dinner specials... a stuffed meatloaf (which my husband said could have done without the stuffing and was smothered in gravy.) Mine was chicken parmesan, which had the blandest, tasteless tomato sauce. I think this is the kind of place you find out what they do best (like the Ultimate Nachos) and stick with it. I just wish their chef would taste their own food before it's served.

• Visited June 2014

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“NO ONE NOTICED OUR PRESENCE!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had tried this diner several years ago and the food was terrible, but thinking it may have gotten better over the years, we stopped here on the way to New Jersey after picking up my fiance's parents who flew into Phila.from Jamaica. Host greeted us half-heartedly, looked around for a table when there was a nice large booth right by his desk. So we asked for that. Then not one server noticed us or acknowledged we were there. After about 10 minutes or so we got up, told the host no one was waiting on us and the server was waiting on someone who came in after us. It was very upsetting and his elderly parents needed to eat something. We were very upset and embarrassed that our guests from Jamaica were unable to get something to eat!
Needless to say, we will never be returning.

• Visited May 2014
Cape May, New Jersey
“Pretty sure we were bothering our waitress”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Took awhile to be greeted by our server & we were so rushed by her, it was like we were bothering her. Wrong drink order, wrong toast, never checked back, couldn't get us out of there fast enough. It was totally obvious she would rather sit in the booth across the restaurant chatting than wait on us. I've been in the restaurant business for over 20 years & I have never left a negative review. She was probably the worst waitress I've ever had. Could care less about her guests & it totally showed. Terrible service & we were her only table until the end off our meal. Too bad for her, I'm usually a great tipper. If she had pretended to care once, the 20% tip I left would've been 40%.

• Visited May 2014
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Good food & great service for lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I had a very nice lunch at the GAD. After a three hour drive, I needed some good food and quick service.
I was seated promptly. My waitress, Laina, greeted me quickly and took my order. My soda and chicken and rice soup came out real quick. My pastrami sandwich came out soon after. The soup and sandwich were very good.
Liana was a friendly and prompt server.
This was my first time here in years. I always pass bye and never stop in. I am glad I gave it a try for lunch.

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Service was Great / Food? Not so much”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went out to eat for New Years Eve and started out at Red Lobster. They were mobbed and had a 1 hr 45 min wait. So we left and went to the Pub. The food was only "ok". Our server was wonderful.
We were a party of 7. Others in our party enjoyed their meals. My husband and I were not impressed. He had the meat loaf and it was full of gristle and not very good at all. I had the fried shrimp (for $18.99) and it was AWFUL!! The shrimp were hard and tasted old. The mac n cheese was typical diner style, nothing to write home about. The best part of my meal was the coleslaw. It was very tasty! But for $18.99, it was a terrible meal. I could have gotten a much better meal at Red Lobster for that price! Heck, a meal from a fast food place would have been better and more filling!

• Visited December 2013