“"Soup?"”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Great American is central to I-95 and the Turnpike, and an easy trip for my friends in Bucks, Philadelphia, and Jersey. As a result, I had my birthday party there last night. Literally the worst meal I have ever been served, including during my time in the Army. The spoon stood up in the Cream of Chicken soup. I don't know what the "open-face roast beef" was... NOT beef. Allegedly, it came on "Texas Toast", but pushing the roux (posing as gravy) and the "meat" aside, it was clearly untoasted Wonder Bread under the meat. I never received my side dish at all. Service was dismissive. Another member of our party ordered a berry cobbler; apparently, in that case, "berry" is used in the singular; there was only one. Avoid this place, even the Denny's on Business Route 1 is better.

1  Thank AnnieStCyr

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to Ruby Tuesday first to watch the Super Bowl but you couldn't see the TV's while sitting at the bar...umm ok. So I ended up at the Great American. $17 bucks for 5 beers, a pretty decent chili dog and some boring cheese nachos...um can't get that anywhere else on this planet. Place had an odd feeling to it but it served it's purpose.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lousy food, Service and management. They hit the trifecta. Don't bother complaining, Management waves you off and says you don't know what you are talking about. Place is even empty on 50% off days. Not hard to figure out why. Not surprising since they switch out their menu's with a more expensive one for 50% off. Never again.

1  Thank Phillip A
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sister who lives in Langhorne, pa took us to this diner for dinner our first night in town. The waiter gave us great service and wanted to please us. The food was very tasty, good portions and resonable price. If I was staying longer on vacation I would have been back to eat there again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

As you can probably read, this place has gone down hill a bit since it changed ownership. It's basic diner food with a huge menu. When you go to a place like this, stick with basic diner food: burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc. Our favorite items from this place are the london broil (strange to think but it's great there) and their cream of chicken soup on Saturday. Portions are huge so you won't go home hungry. The service is sketchy but it's a diner. They have a great breakfast special, Monday thru Friday, 2 eggs, home fries (great) toast and coffee/tea, or short stack of pancakes/french toast for $2.49. I don't think it's advertised anymore, but they still honor it.

1  Thank jmcalabro