“Nice Hotel with Tremendous Staff”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Just returned from a brief one night stay at the Residence Inn in Langhorne. I was wondering why the hotel was booked solid since I have a teenager, the fact that Sesame Place was so close never entered my mind. Why it was booked solid lasted until I pulled in the driveway. Seeing all the kids with all the Big Bird, Bert and Ernie toys and other paraphaphernalia, it quickly became obvious. In spite of the fairly controlled chaos of parents dealing with kids so excited you'd think they had about 100 Hershey bars, the check-in was very smooth, even though we were an hour early. The large lobby area was attractive and quite peaceful with a big electric fireplace in the middle (it must be nice in the winter).

The rooms are the typical Residence Inn rooms, designed more for the extended stay guest, but it makes a very nice "upgrade" for the one-nighter such as our family. As another reviewer noted, you can easily hear the kids in their rooms while you are walking down the halls, but who cares, you don't sleep in the halls. When you are in your room, you can't a thing outside. The soundproofing is very good., The beds are very comfortable and our my family all had a good night sleep.

As a pet owner it's also nice that they allow dogs. I'll remember that in the future.

The "free" breakfast (let's face it, it's not really free, it's built into the price) was among the best I've had, with virtually everything you could want with the exception of bacon (although I don't remember seeing pastries like danishes or donuts either) . I particularly enjoyed the sausage. It wasn't the typical dried up shoe leather you normally get, which gets extra points in my book. Being fully booked with LOTS of kids, the seating area was full and hectic, but there are quite a few places to sit in the lobby and outside, just beyond the breakfast area so that's not a problem. And there is quite a large staff to make sure that there was a constant supply of food. I must have seen at least a half dozen different people working the breakfast, as opposed the usual 1-2 at most places. And if you asked for something it was immediately made available. Food almost never ran out and when it did, it was quickly replenished. And there was no rush at the end of the service time to clear the food away, which is also unusual.

I would like to commend 2 staff members who really excelled. Jeremie at the front desk both at check-in and check-out was professional, courteous, informative and a fine spokesman for the hotel. But as good as Jeremie was, to me the bigger star was Ron in the breakfast area. Ron seemed to be running the show. If you needed something, he got it before you could finish the sentence, always with a smile and a laugh. However, the highlight was watching Ron interact with the kids. These are kids who were hyped beyond belief ready to see Big Bird and Cookie Monster. He got down to their eye level, talked to them about their day, made jokes, played games, hide and seek keeping the whole thing light and fun, all while not missing a beat with the adults. And it was real and he seems to be a man who really enjoys his work. It was a jo to observe and a bright start to the day that made my whole day a lot better just observing from a distance.

All in all a very nice stay and a great staff. I'll be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area, with or without kids.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

This hotel is literally across the street from the park. Great if the kids are getting tired and you need to get back to where you are staying quickly. Very clean hotel and the breakfast (complimentary!!) is very satisfying. Red Robin is also a good alternative to dinner and is also close to the park. We have stayed here several times, and have recommended it to others with never a complaint. Never used the pool but it looks very clean and there is always a stack of clean towels there to use.

1  Thank outintwenty
Management response:Responded July 13, 2010

Thank you for your comments! We are about 1/4 mile away from Sesame Place and we realize many of our guests come back to hotel "mid-day" for a break.

There are lots of restaurant choices nearby and Red Robin is definitely a favorite amongst many families!

We look forward to your future visits and appreciate the recommendation!

Reviewed July 10, 2010

My family just ended a 2-night stay at the Residence Inn in Langhorne. The property was immaculate, the staff was great (way to go Ron Singleton), the rooms are extremely spacious, and the location was awesome (< 2 minutes from Sesame Place). Being so close made it easy to split our day in half with a quick drive back to the hotel in between enjoying the dry rides/shows and waterpark.

If I have to dig for a complaint, the room doors seem pretty thin. With so many young -kids staying there with their families, it's hard not to hear a lot of ruckus when walking the halls. However, when inside the rooms, it was super quiet.

The next time we visit Sesame Place, we're definitely staying here again!

Management response:Responded July 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! All of our staff members love to hear comments from our guests and it will be my pleasure to specifically single out Ron for his service! We realize our location and the spaciousness of our suites are a huge benefit to families coming to Sesame.

I appreciate your feedback about hearing the "excited" voices of children while walking down the corridor. We do try our best to respond to any concerns, if they ever affect anyone in the privacy of your guestroom.

Thank you!

Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family and I had a fantastic experience at The Residence Inn. Before attending, we had no idea what to expect, and thanks to Assistant General Manager, Christine Nieves, The Residence Inn will be at the top of our list and we will definitely recommend it to our friends.

Christine started by welcoming us in after a very long drive. She was personable and immediately bonded with our two children (ages 5 and 2). We were also meeting my wife's sister and her family and Christine worked to put us in accommodations that were across the hall from each other.

The accommodations were great, too, with clean and spacious rooms, and a buffet style breakfast that filled us all up before our day of fun at Sesame Place.

Management response:Responded July 13, 2010

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay! Our staff gets very excited to hear such great comments and I know that Christine loves to make sure all of our young travelers have a wonderful experience at our hotel. We do our best to accommodate requests when families are coming together and try our best to keep them together.

I will pass on your comments to Christine and the rest of our team.

Thank you!

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We picked this hotel because of how close it was to Sesame Place and the amenities that a Residence Inn has for our young family. We were able to check in early, and the room was ready with the portable crib we asked for - a first! The staff was friendly - front desk, shuttle drivers and breakfast folks. Our room was very nice, clean and quiet, which is surprising given the number of kids at this hotel. The shuttle to/from Sesame Place was great - dropped off and picked up at convenient times - which helped since our kids still take naps during the day; plus it saved on parking. The indoor pool was clean and at a perfect temperature. It even has a basketball court outside. We couldn't have asked for a better stay!

Management response:Responded July 13, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay! We cater to many families over the summer such as yourself travelling to Sesame and strive to make sure we address their specific needs. We really want Mom & Dad to have time to relax and unwind as well! We hope to see you again for many years to come!

Reviewed June 9, 2010

My whole experience with the residence Inn exceeded my expectations. The room was VERY clean. The bed was comfortable. Our two small children ages 6 and 3 slept very well on the sleep sofa. There was a nice small kitchen in our room which although we didn't use it was a nice feature. The shuttle to Sesame Place was great! An added bonus was the full breakfast spread every morning, not just muffins and bagels, eggs, waffles, etc. The kids enjoyed the pool. The entire staff was extremely professional and courteous. I would absolutley stay at this hotel in the future and would definitley recommend it to anyone. I was very concerned about cleanliness and this hotel was very very clean! It was a little pricier than other hotels in the area but it was worth it.

Management response:Responded June 15, 2010

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our property and that your kids had such a great time! We appreciate your referrals and hope to see you again during the Sesame season.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite Member. Upon check-in, I was given a room with the building heating/air equipment outside the window. I changed rooms twice and finally was "rewarded" with a room facing railroad tracks and a road for a truck yard. If this wasn't bad enough, there is a small basketball court where loud drunks added to the noise. This is the worst Marriott property I have stayed at. It is in a terrible location and poorly managed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DutchWidow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!