Just returned from a brief one night stay at the Residence Inn in Langhorne. I was wondering why the hotel was booked solid since I have a teenager, the fact that Sesame Place was so close never entered my mind. Why it was booked solid lasted until I pulled in the driveway. Seeing all the kids with all the Big Bird, Bert and Ernie toys and other paraphaphernalia, it quickly became obvious. In spite of the fairly controlled chaos of parents dealing with kids so excited you'd think they had about 100 Hershey bars, the check-in was very smooth, even though we were an hour early. The large lobby area was attractive and quite peaceful with a big electric fireplace in the middle (it must be nice in the winter).
The rooms are the typical Residence Inn rooms, designed more for the extended stay guest, but it makes a very nice "upgrade" for the one-nighter such as our family. As another reviewer noted, you can easily hear the kids in their rooms while you are walking down the halls, but who cares, you don't sleep in the halls. When you are in your room, you can't a thing outside. The soundproofing is very good., The beds are very comfortable and our my family all had a good night sleep.
As a pet owner it's also nice that they allow dogs. I'll remember that in the future.
The "free" breakfast (let's face it, it's not really free, it's built into the price) was among the best I've had, with virtually everything you could want with the exception of bacon (although I don't remember seeing pastries like danishes or donuts either) . I particularly enjoyed the sausage. It wasn't the typical dried up shoe leather you normally get, which gets extra points in my book. Being fully booked with LOTS of kids, the seating area was full and hectic, but there are quite a few places to sit in the lobby and outside, just beyond the breakfast area so that's not a problem. And there is quite a large staff to make sure that there was a constant supply of food. I must have seen at least a half dozen different people working the breakfast, as opposed the usual 1-2 at most places. And if you asked for something it was immediately made available. Food almost never ran out and when it did, it was quickly replenished. And there was no rush at the end of the service time to clear the food away, which is also unusual.
I would like to commend 2 staff members who really excelled. Jeremie at the front desk both at check-in and check-out was professional, courteous, informative and a fine spokesman for the hotel. But as good as Jeremie was, to me the bigger star was Ron in the breakfast area. Ron seemed to be running the show. If you needed something, he got it before you could finish the sentence, always with a smile and a laugh. However, the highlight was watching Ron interact with the kids. These are kids who were hyped beyond belief ready to see Big Bird and Cookie Monster. He got down to their eye level, talked to them about their day, made jokes, played games, hide and seek keeping the whole thing light and fun, all while not missing a beat with the adults. And it was real and he seems to be a man who really enjoys his work. It was a jo to observe and a bright start to the day that made my whole day a lot better just observing from a distance.
All in all a very nice stay and a great staff. I'll be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area, with or without kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether traveling for business or pleasure, let Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne help you relax and recharge. Experience our spacious suites with separate areas for sleeping, living and working, including a well-equipped kitchen featuring cook top stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. Enjoy a delicious hot breakfast each morning and take advantage of our wonderful amenities, including complimentary grocery shopping service and 24-hour pantry and laundry facilities. We're considered one of the finest hotels in Langhorne, PA, for a reason. We help you stay productive with complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet throughout the hotel. We have a individual study pods and comfortable library featuring computer, printer and fax services. Unwind in our indoor heated pool and spa, go for a workout in our fitness room or play a game at our outdoor Sports Court or billiards room. It's not a room, it's a Residence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne Hotel Langhorne
- Residence Inn Langhorne
- Langhorne Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne PA - Bucks County