“Liked it so much, we switched hotels on the way home!”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed there a couple of days before Christmas as it was halfway between where we live and where my husband's family lives. We knew it was close to Sesame Place, but had no idea it was THAT close! If you are taking a trip to Sesame Place, stay here! It was conveniently located off the highway, close to lots of restaurants, stores, and a rather large mall. It was about a 5 minute drive from our hotel to the gates of Sesame Place and they offer a free shuttle.

We arrived rather late at night, but there was an employee there to greet us! We booked a 2 bedroom suite and it was PERFECT for 4 adults and a child. 2 large bedrooms with their own bathrooms, plus a large pull-out couch. And the full kitchen set-up which I love! The hotel floor was quiet which I appreciated after driving all day. The room was exceptionally clean, with plenty of room for all of our luggage.

What I love about Residence Inns is the free breakfast. Considering it was the holiday weekend before Christmas, the hotel was packed and breakfast was no different. We went down about an hour into breakfast and it was jammed. I felt so bad because there was only one poor employee running the breakfast by herself and she had to do everything: bus tables, clean plates/utensils and then replace them, and replenish food. Thankfully the front desk employee (who was also AWESOME) jumped in to help her. They really did the best they could. My family of 5 was able to eat a great breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits, make your own waffles, cereal, yogurts, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, tea).

The hotel itself is very nice: indoor pool, basketball court, gym, really nice entry with a fire place and seating area, business center, and a little mini-mart. They were decorated for Christmas with a beautiful tree right by the front desk. Really made it feel less like a hotel :)

We were so impressed that we canceled our reservation at another hotel and rebooked the same room for our return trip home. Will absolutely stay there again in the future!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MRSBU617
Christine N, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear MRSBU617,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We love being a destination for fun getaways and family gatherings so glad you enjoyed the hotel and time in our area. We hope to see you again soon.

Christine Nieves

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for 7 months after a fire destroyed a large portion of our home. The staff were wonderful and treated us like family. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We enjoyed the billiard room on more than one occasion. It was nice to have a television in both of our bedrooms as well as the living room, so that my daughter was able to hook up her playstation. I believe it was as close to home as we could have managed.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with full kitchenettes, most of which end in 21 if I remember correctly.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina M
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Christina M,
We really appreciate the review and recommendation. Residence Inn is geared to extended stay guests and does work best for folks that are displaced to fire, flood and relocation.
I am glad to hear that our staff made you feel at home. We do understand it can be very difficult for families and our staff strives to show the true spirit of hospitality in these situations.
Although it is always sad to see our guests leave after being with us so long, we are truly happy that you are back in your home.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was beautiful and would put some other chains to shame for the same rated category! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. However, once I pulled back the shower curtain, there was someone's pubic hair right there on the upper soap dish tray! So.. at 8:30 at night.. we were moving to another room... not too much fun when you have a 2 1/2 year old with you that should be in bed already!

Something like that makes you wonder how clean the dishes and everything else in the room was!!

Room Tip: I honestly don't know where the good rooms are anymore! We have the WORST luck with hotel rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear drp06527,
We always strive to deliver the best product and services to our customers and definitely want to know how we are doing. I very much appreciate your candid response about our hotel. I know that you did have opportunity to speak with our GM on site and believe she did rectify to your satisfaction.
I am glad to hear that you loved our room and staff. I know how important cleanliness is in the bathroom and apologize for our failure to catch the issue prior to your arrival. the room should always be impeccably clean.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time that you return to the Langhorne area. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed on 10/26/13. The room was beautiful and the staff was friendly but there was a problem woth the HVAC unit that was right next to the bed and it started beeping at 4 am! It sounded like a alarm clock going off. I called the front desk and a very nice woman came up. She had no idea how to turn it off and said she could send maintinence to at 8 am to turn it off. She said I would be comped something for the inconvience. At 8am Kathy koutsouradis came and turned the beeping off. I was exhausted from being unable to sleep and had a trip to Sesame place that morning with my 3 year old then a 4+ hour drive back to our home in NY.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Susan L,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was happy to hear that you like our beautiful rooms and that our staff was friendly. A comfortable night's sleeep is very important and we are terribly sorry that you encountered an unfortunate problem. I know Kathryn took care of you and wish we had been able to resolve quicker for you. A day at Sesame with young ones requires a well rested parent.
I hope that you will return and have a much better experience for your next trip.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My daughter had the opportunity to stay at this Residence Inn for over 6 weeks as she trained in a job in the area. She was so hesitant as she was a single parent and mom to a 1 year old. Once she got settled in, I visited from time to time and her daughter joined her through a portion of the stay as we have relatives in the area.

The staff at this Residence Inn were just the nicest people....it's location is right around the corner from Sesame Place as well as other attractions. The facility is immaculate, the service outstanding and the best part to me is the staff - they were welcoming to the baby as well as my daughter. The gal in the food area (who also has a soulfood restaurant) was just so friendly and nice. The management staff (Carol and Ty) were just so outgoing and friendly. Kudos to you all! I'm in the hospitality industry and know good service when I run across it!

Try them out - they're the best and we hope to visit again next year once the weather's good for Sesame Place........great folks!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Caprice063,
We very much appreciate the fantastic review and your very kind words about our staff. We are very fortunate to have so many staff members that take great care of our guests and create a warm enivornment and a home away from home.
We hope that you will keep us in mind for any future visits.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Not happy to notice that this property is immediately across the street from both a truck depot and train tracks in which a freight train passes. Yes, idling trucks, Jake brakes, and trains can be heard all day and night. I would have requested a room in the back of the hotel, but we had already been switched once when we were given a hearing handicapped accessible room with a doorbell that wouldn't turn off (didn't want to risk late night ringers).

Upon check-in, I was informed that we had been "upgraded to a room with two beds." Which in laymen's terms means "in case you're a moron, we don't have any rooms with the king size bed that you requested, so we're going to occupy all of your floor space with a second bed that you don't need or want." I wasn't too fond of the attempt at pulling a fast one on me, but the understaffed and overworked girl at the front desk turned out to be very helpful and friendly with other small matters.

The rooms are pretty. The beautiful earth tones and amount of space don't really show up well in pictures. Our one-bedroom suite was spacious. The full kitchen was nice, but where this place had chosen to stock and equip things is bizarre. The bathroom is inadequate and dated but there's a dishwashing machine? Weird.

The in-suite amenities are il-equipped. Three small towels for a room that can accommodate more than three people is pretty inadequate. No soap for the kitchen sink, stingy on bathroom soaps, bare sink in the vanity area (no towels).

The lobby amenities are also very weird. You're encouraged to use this property as if it were your home, I just don't know the motivation behind doing things like sitting in the lobby in a chair near a fireplace when you have one in your room, or the motivation behind watching tv on a small couch in the lobby when you have one in your room. And, of course, it seems as though everyone agrees as these areas were empty. I think a better use of space would have been a bar or restaurant. The pool was pretty dank. No reason why to pool area can't be made to look pretty, like a resort rather than like a bathhouse in Flushing.

Some pros: the air conditioning cranks (though this is the fall and it's not really needed), the shuttle and driver are astounding ways to get to Sesame. Painless. The package rates are cheaper through the hotel than they are at the park. The breakfast is pretty decent, though if you're a morning person-keep sleeping. I'd love to see the condition those eggs are in before breakfast, nobody's cracking shells, that's for sure. But it'll due. Certainly better than a continental breakfast.

I would love a small room service menu, as this place has a full, underutilized kitchen. Maybe just grilled cheeses or something.

Overall, the place is satisfactory. A fair room price for a one bedroom suite is $150 for a weekend night. If they are asking more, I'd examine your options. More than $200? Definitely look elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2013
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Whoshemp,
Thank you for the feedback about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and the service from our staff.
The property is set back from the road and it is very rare to have complaints about noise regardless of where the room is on the property.
I would like to apologize for the challenge with your arrival. Our one bedroom with two queens is preferred for many families and we assumed the upgrade would be welcome. I know Kathryn was able to make sure that we did find an acceptable room for you. Your concerns are definitely noted as we cannot always assume that is everyon'e preference.
Residence Inn offers complimentary breakfast and evening socials a couple nights per week. I understand your preference for restaurant or bar and you would find these at our sister hotel, The Courtyard by Marriott. We do have a good variety of local restaurants that deliver and offers an option for guests looking for room service.
We appreciate your comments and hope that you will consider us for future visits to the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent property for visiting sesame place with the entire family. We really enjoyed the stay with free full American breakfast.(and BBQ twice a week) the Rooms have separate living and sleeping area plus a fire place and Full size kitchen with table and chairs. we LOVE the 2-bedroom units.
the Hotel is a few minutes to Sesame Place and the Mall by car. The hotel shuttle runs every half hour. the entire Staff, service, food and rooms are great. I have been staying at this location for the past five years with my family for vacations at Sesame Place. Always an Excellent experience!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear BarryK,
I love to hear the excitement about the hotel and see such a strong recommendation about our hotel in Langhorne, PA. Our staff really enjoys seeing familiar faces and returning guests each year and especially when we get to know the children and watch how much they grow each year. It really is quite a thrill when we see an excited child that has fond memories of their last stay and we get to interact with them during their Sesame experience.
Thank you for sharing! We hope to see you again soon.
Fondly,
Lori S

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!