“Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
erie pa
“Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel....after we found it. We accidentally ended up at the other Marriot property (on the same street I think) where the friendly staff pointed out that we were just a couple hundred yards away...

The rooms were clean, but the furniture was pretty beat up. We had a king size bed which left little room for our pack and play, but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

The staff was super friendly. Everyone that we encountered, from the desk to the kitchen and the shuttle drivers were wonderful and helpful and cheery. I was very impressed with the staff and their attitudes.

I would totally recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manger at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Eriepahmoon,
Thank you for the recommendation and great review. I will be sure to share your comments with our team about how impressed you were with service.
We are very excited about our upcoming redo early next year and our rooms will have a new look.
We hope to see you again.
Lori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I just returned today from the Residence Inn in Langhorne. I stayed two nights in a 2 bedroom suite on the 4th floor. The hotel itself is quite clean, the breakfast is appetizing, and the distance is ver close to Sesame Place. HOWEVER, there were two key problems with our stay. When I reserved the hotel, I specifically requested an in room crib (not a pack and play). I confirmed with Jeff at the front desk that the hotel did indeed have a few regular cribs and he noted the request in my reservation. When I checked in on Friday, September 14th, I was told by Kaitlyn at the front desk that they don't have cribs and only stock pack and plays for the guests. Long story short, they only provided us with a pack and play and my 4 month old daughter spent 2 nights waking up every 30-40 minutes which means I was awake every 30-40 minutes. But even better than this, was the fact that when I checked out today (Sunday), Jeff was at the front desk and I expressed my dissatisfaction about the lack of a crib. Surprisingly, he confirmed again they did in fact have cribs and said this was clearly a training issue with Kaitlyn and that she would be trained on the topic. I think I would have enjoyed my trip to Sesame Place much more if we all got some much needed rest as this was my last trip before I return to work from maternity leave. Lastly, the
garbage truck who picked up the dumpster garbage early on Saturday morning disturbed what little sleep I was able to get. The dumpster was directly outside of our window.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the garbage dumpsters.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Michelle551,
I would like to thank you for your review and feedback about your stay. I apologize for the issues that you encountered by not having a crib in your room and the unwelcome wake up call earlier than anticipated for one morning.
All Marriott properties use pack and plays for their cribs and this should have been communicated when you made your reservation. We have many families that stay here with young children and know this is something that we really try to communicate whenever someone asks. Our hotel has 1 standard size crib that we have used on occassion when we have someone travelling with an older child that may need something larger than a pack and play. It is very difficult to promise this as we have only 1 and sometimes we have 25 - 30 requests per night for pack and plays. I promise that we will work with our team on how we communicate this information and handling the request process, We really do not want to let any guest down.
It looks like you were upgraded to a larger room in back corner and our trash company never should be here before 9 am.
I hope that you will consider us again for your next stay in Langhorne and encourage you to reach out to the property GM, Christine Nieves, so we can make sure that all of your requests are honored.
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I took our granddaughter to this hotel for three nights to visit Sesama Place.The hotel was full all three nights.I thought that hotel staff handled everything with grace and expedience considering how busy the place was.All staff were most friendly.

The van to the park was great.Saved time ,money and walking.We thought the hotel was extremely clean, cosy and up to date.

The breakfast was a bit busy but since the park does not open until 10:am this should not be a problem.

As a Marriott gold card member I felt that this was a great place to stay and will make another trip next year.

1 Thank Mainelytravel
Dear Mainely travel,

Thank you for sharing your terrific review. Our location is definitely high demand during Sesame Place season and our staff really works hard to make sure the experience is great.
We look forward to you returning with your granddaughter next year.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at this property for 2 nights in August as part of our Sesame Place vacation. The property is very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. The property is lovely with a basketball court and complimentary breakfast and managers reception (burgers etc). When I inquired about places to eat nearby I was handed a 2 page list of restaurants. We selected a Mexican place (called Cancun). It was fantastic! The property offers a FREE shuttle to Sesame place and the drivers added cute touches to make it special for the kids. Save yourself the $$ for onsite parking and use the shuttle. You may have to wait to get a seat on the 15 passenger bus but it drops you off curbside at the attraction. Our 3.5 year old son loved sleeping on the pull out bed. He felt like he was in his own room and in a big boy bed.

Dear Hollygogirl,

Thank you for such a fantastic review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our property and look forward to becoming an annual tradition for your family.

Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012 with my family. Very crowded at parks and decided to spend time in hotel pool with kids. Indoor pool was amazing. Perfect way to amuse the kids on a 90 degree day. Hotel room was great-- Suite w sep kitchen and sitting area. Very clean. Lobby was beautiful and all staff super friendly. The icing on the cake: and the main motivation for writing this review. My 6 year old daughter left her pocketbook in the hotel room. A nice bag, meant for a teenager, not a kids purse! Inside, about $50 in singles that she had been saving all summer....allowance, lemonade stand, good report card, etc. I called the hotel and was heartbroken for my daughter to lose all of this money. The housekeeping person, I think her name was Aricelli or Aricella said it was there and arranged to have it sent to me. When I received the package with the returned purse, I opened it up to find that not ONE dollar was taken from her bag. A great lesson on honesty and kindness for all of us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear irisherin7,
Thank you for your amazing review! It brought tears to my eyes filled with pride for our staff and I will be sure to recognize Auracelis and the room attendant that turned in your daughter's purse. We spend a good deal of time training and recruiting our staff and we see valuable items turned in every day. The housekeeping staff works incredibly hard and are some of the most dedicated, honest and loyal associates we have. They are big part of the reason for my love of of this industry.
Next week happens to be National Housekeeping Appreciation week and I will share this at one of our events scheduled throughout the week to celebrate our staff.
Thank you so much for recognizing the hotel and team! I love that your daughter saw such a great example of honesty and always doing the right thing.
Boston
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Residence Inn is close to Sesame Place and a great place to stay. Breakfast is included and very, very "kid-friendly". Very quiet considering small kids in every room. Shuttle is a van and works for some.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manger at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear neeny3,
Thank you for your review. We strive to be part of a great experience to families travelling to Sesame Place and try to focus on ideas that will enhance the stay of our many families travelling with younger children. Our shuttle service is operated by an 11 passenger van and we really work on creating schedules to be convenient for our guests.
We hope that you will join us again soon.
Webster, NY
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel for our visit to Sesame Place. The shuttle that runs to the park and back is great and you save on parking. They drop you off right at the front gate. I thought our room was very quiet. Usually we hear noise from the hallway but not at this hotel. We requested a 2 bedroom suite and it worked well to keep the kids in a separate room to sleep. I would have used the kitchen more if we had realized how bad the food is at Sesame Place. We brought food back to our room a couple times and it was MUCH better! :) The morning breakfast is typical, nothing fancy about it. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor. We were on the 4th floor & it was quiet.
Dear tinahawaii,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Our staff loves this type of feedback.
The two bedroom suites are always in demand and many families love this option as it really provides flexibility to the parents and you can relax while not worrying about waking your little ones.
We hope to see you again for your next trip to Sesame and the Langhorne area.
Lori Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!