“great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Mystic, Connecticut
“great stay!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

we purchased a package through sesame place and stayed here in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 boys (2.5 and 4.5). We loved it. great value, great breakfast with waffle iron, easy shuttle to sesame. A few negatives: the mattress was not comfortable and I woke up with a sore back every morning :(. it is across from a trucking facility and trucks are going by at all times, but if you can sleep through it, you will be fine. Would stay again for convenience to park and great breakfast and even buffet dinners (hot dogs and hamburgers) the hotel provided...

Room Tip: ask to stay at back of hotel to avoid truck noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Dear Jessica,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments.
I am sorry that you did not have a comfortable night's rest and hope that you let us know during your visit. We have Marriott's Jamison mattresses and sometimes the rotation may be off but would love to look into further.
We hope that you will be back again with your children and thank you again for comments.
Lori Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
East Providence, RI
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was our 3rd year visiting Sesame Place and we have finally found a hotel we will visit again next year. The other 2 hotels were nice, but this place blows them away. You get what you pay for, and although this hotel does cost more than some of the other Sesame Place packages....there is a reason, it is by far the best one available in this area. You can save on upfront costs with other hotels, but once you factor in all of the services and convenience that is included with Residence Inn you will realize this is absolutely worth it. For example, parking at Sesame can cost you up to $30 a day, you don't pay a penny to park because Residence provides you free shuttle service to and from the park all day (sticking with the transportation theme, you are not using your $4 a gallon gas either because you are being driven for free). Next, a nice and free hot breakfast buffet is available every morning. If some family members want to stay in bed, you are allowed to bring their breakfast up to the room for them. The breakfast choices were great, all the items you'd expect...the waffle maker was great too. One suggestion for breakfast, please add bacon as one of the meat choices...(and not Canadian bacon, that was available). Next, your room has a full kitchen. Stove, large refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, pots and pans, dishes, glasses, mugs....you get the point. All very clean. The housekeeping staff even did our dishes, are you kidding me, that is unreal service and it was totally unexpected...we were going to do it...but it was awesome that she did. My wife and 2 daughters had a blast all 3 nights there...from start to finish we were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. Pool was open early and closed late each night....hot tub was a great bonus too. The gym was available....there is a library available with some computers you can use, your room will come with free internet access, most rooms have large flat-screen TV's, the suites have pullout beds for the kids, kids channels available (I mention the kids channels because some hotels don't have any, unless you want to pay like $6 for a 25 minute Dora episode like a hotel wanted last year; year ok that's gonna happen). If the only suggestion I have is to add bacon to the breakfast menu, you should be confident this is an outstanding hotel with very friendly staff, and lots of added value from free shuttle service to free hot breakfast, and a cleaning staff that goes above and beyond. We were more than satisfied and we thank you for a great family vacation. Thank you!

7 Thank Maximus50
, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Maximus50,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are so glad that you found us and had such a great stay! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.
We do rotate our breakfast offerings daily according to the Residence Inn standards. The turkey canadian bacon is one of our heavily requested healthier options but we also offer sausage as a breakfast meat choice on many days. I will pass along your feedback to the brand team but at this point, bacon is not one of our featured choices.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again for your next trip!
London, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed here for what was supposed to be 3 nights and turned into 4! This hotel is the most wonderful hotel experience I have ever had. We have 3 children 4 and under. We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom suite that had a fully stocked kitchen. I was given directions to a grocery store and Christine the assistant general manager programmed my GPS for me to get there. She knew we were on a budget and wanted to make sure I would get fair prices for what we needed. Sheronda front desk supervisor actually remembered who I was based on an email that she wanted to send me when I got there! The breakfast was hot and they had lots of selection as we can sometimes have picky eaters. In our original room ( a gorgeous 1 bedroom) they pack and play I had requested was already set up with fresh sheets. When we were upgraded Christine without even being reminded asked one of the staff if he could please take the pack and play and set it up in our new room. The shuttle was wonderful and allowed us to take our very large stroller where you just handed it over and Jack would put it in. I never really had to wait for the shuttle and Owen even took us over just because I called down wanting to know when the next one was coming. It was wonderful to be able to come back for naps in the afternoon and not have to wait and pack up a car to come back after the parade. Every person working at this hotel was friendly and looking to help. I did laundry and although we had to pay (1.75/wash and 1.50/dry) I felt they were clean enough and well maintained machines. We didn't take part in the evening receptions as we were eating with Elmo - the ice cream sundaes with waffels looked great and the pulled pork and BBQ sounded wonderful. I couldn't really give this hotel any thing to work on as they seemed to get everything on the head - so we stayed another day!

Families travelling with small children will have a wonderful experience at this hotel. There was always help to hold a baby when something was going down (like one of the other kids is having a meltdown) and they are ready to help if you need more garbage bags or paper towel or whatever brought to your room.

For small children I would recommend going down to breakfast alone and getting the foods your kids will eat and bring it back up to the room. That way it is a little less chaos in the morning.

Room Tip: A double bedroom unit is a great idea for sm kids
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear BrownVaca,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to share your comments with Christine, Sharonda, Owen, Jack and the rest of the team. One of the best aspects of our jobs is to create memorable experiences for our guests and it is clear that our team is really working hard at this!
We hope that you will be back again for your next Sesame vacation with your family and know that your second set of hands will be waiting!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We've had two flawless stays here in three years and will continue to come back as long as our kids love Sesame Place.

Despite being a stone's throw from the park, the hotel is peaceful and quiet. Every staff member we came across offered a smile and any assistance we required. Our two-bedroom suite was spacious and comfortable and quickly felt like home. The staff works tirelessly to produce a great breakfast, and an afternoon happy hour -- food and drink -- was an unexpected extra. We cleaned clothes in the laundry room, shot hoops on the basketball court, and felt sad when it was time to leave.

This is one of our favorite hotels -- anywhere.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MDLarry
, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear MD Larry,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stays. Our staff takes great pride in doing our best to make the most of the Sesame experience. I will be happy to share your comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again for the next few years! I have two teenage boys that still enjoy the water rides and games at the park so there really is no age limit!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here for 2 months while waiting to get into our new home. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was my husband, myself and out 3.5 year old daughter. Since it was a long term stay, we have some different views than what short term stay people do.

PROS:
Proximity to shopping, ease of access to highway,
Free Wifi
Free breakfast daily and then a light dinner 2-3 times a week
Staff is very nice
Quiet
Activities in the hotel (sport court/pool/work out)
Free parking
Free shuttle to Sesame Place
Fireplace in room (gas)
Room set-up

CONS:
Carpeting is dirty. Within 2 hours, your socks will be black. They need to really shampoo those things.
Sometimes a pet gets placed on the wrong floor. Pets are only to be on the 1st floor, so if you don't want to be near a pet request a high floor. We were on the 4th and a couple occasions heard dogs barking in the room across the hall.
Very limited amount of laundry equipment (Only 3 washers for the whole hotel). Takes $1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry).
Too small of dining table in the room
The furniture and the beds are very uncomfortable. There was no where soft or comfy to sit in the room or lay. I yearned to go other places just to sit on something comfy.
No door between the actual bedroom and sink area so when my husband got up in the morning to go to work, the light would wake me up when he was shaving!
No DVR, Wii, etc. No games you can check out, no books to check out.

The hotel gets really busy on the weekends when Sesame Place opens. Before that, I recognized everyone that worked there and "lived" there. It's a good place and not to shabby to stay at for a little over 2 months.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the wall in the back
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear jppalooza,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback and we very much appreciate the perspective of our long term stay guests. There are different needs for our long term guests and your comments are important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve the services and products at our hotel. I know that the Residence Inn design team is working on the comfort aspect to some of the furniture. I apologize that the carpet in your room was not clean. We do have our rooms routinely checked and this should have been resolved during your stay. You mentioned games and book availability and we are actually increasing our supplies of these and will make sure our team communicates the availability to our guests. We do have two areas of the hotel that are considered "pet friendly" and we diligently work to make sure that our guests traveling with pets are only assigned rooms in those areas. Unfortunately, sometimes we are unware of the presence of a pet upon arrival and that creates a challenge.
Thank you for your valuable input. We hope that you are now settled in your new home and will continue to use Residence Inn for any future stays.

New York
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here for one night with our 2 yr. old and 1 yr. old. The room was very spacious and had a full stocked kitchen with utensils, pots, pans and plates. Since we knew this, we brought pasta, sauce and mushrooms from home and had a very convenient and yummy meal just like home. We brought breakfast to cook in the morning, not knowing they provided a buffet hot breakfast! It was very good- eggs, yummy waffles, potatoes, ham, bagels, bread, juices, etc. The room was very clean and the towels well stocked. We didn't notice any "pet friendly" problems in our room- I have a crawler and still felt comfortable having her explore the room all she wanted. The staff was VERY nice and helpful and brought our crib as soon as we called for it. My son had fun playing basketball with daddy in the outdoor court and also had fun swimming in the heated indoor pool and hottub.

The property is a couple of minutes from Sesame Place. Their shuttle service is great, though we chose to drive since we wanted to leave the park for home right away.

Warning for people without kids or who do not like kids, DO NOT stay here. :) I've never seen so many kids at a hotel in my life. We bought our Sesame Place tickets at the hotel desk which is just another added convenience.

I loved this stay and wish we could have stayed longer.

1 Thank flipinflix
Dear flipinflix,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our staff always gets excited to hear that our guests enjoy their stay and are looking forward to their next visit. We consider ourselves very family friendly but also have many travelers without young children that stay with us as well. The most challenging time of day is our breakfast hours and we encourage our guests without children to rise early and have breakfast before 8am or in the privacy of their room so they can enjoy a peaceful breakfast experience. It is always fun for us to see all the activity and excitement on the faces of the many small travelers that come to join us for their vaction at Sesame Place.
We look forward to your next visit!
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2011

What a great place! I stayed for 3 nights with my husband and 2 yo. We had a one bedroom suite. It was amazing. Fully equiped with everything you need and more. The bedroom was big enough to fit a pack and play. Everything was clean and comfortable. We used the pool once and it was perfect. My husband used the work out room and was pleased. Breakfast had much more to offer than expected. The location is perfect, pleanty of shopping nearby and quick to major routes. We went to sesame place twice. The shuttle service was excellent, both of our drivers were friendly and helpfull. We loved it here. You can't go wrong!

2 Thank jesslyn3
Dear jesslyn3,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to deliver excellent service! We hope that you and your family come back and visit us again soon!
Lori Simpson, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!