“Slow and Disappointing”

JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Langhorne
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At J.B. Dawson's, we strive for excellence in our food, service and atmosphere. Our high quality menu begins by... using the freshest ingredients, like our hand cut steaks, fresh ground hamburgers, fresh seafood and home made soups, sauces,dressings and desserts. Our high-energy team oriented approach allows you to meet many members of our friendly staff and ensures that you receive attentive and complete service. Our clean open kitchen and warm classic atmosphere are combined with our outstanding food and service to give you a truly enjoyable experience. Your satisfaction is our number one goal.
Maui, Hawaii
“Slow and Disappointing”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We got a coupon in the mail good for $15 off $25 which should have been the first clue. We went on a Monday night around 8:30. There were lots of empty seats, but we figured it was because of the time of day and day of the week. After our experience, the emptiness could very well be that the place was empty due to the food and the service. Our initial server was not exactly overly friendly and even less so when we asked to share the 12 oz prime rib which on the menu indicates (available until it is gone), silly us we interpreted that to mean it is so good it does not last. We did not see that server again until she brought the bill. The food was served by someone else so when the salads came to the table this person did not know which salad went to which person. When our prime rib and baked potato came out and they were barely warm I had to call over the manager to send our plates back to the kitchen. He brought the plates back out, but the meat was still definitely not hot, but at that point we just wanted to eat. The prime rib was quite chewy and the potatoes tasted like they had been pre-baked and then just heated up. For me the best thing on my plate was the croutons on the salad. A couple of times on the weekend we have attempted to go to this restaurant but they don't take reservations and the wait is always quite long so we can assume the food must be much better on the weekends or we are too picky, but with the prices they charge we think we have a right to be picky.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Canrej

Yardley, PA
“one of the better restaurants in the area”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The crab cakes are my favorite item on the menu (loaded with real crab meat), but the steaks are reliable too. Today I had seared tuna; it was almost like eating sashimi, but had some black pepper and was served on cabbage. Quite tasty. Always fresh ingredients, in my experience. The soups tend to be salty, however.

The restaurant is pleasantly appointed, but might be due for some minor upgrades. Some of the dinner plates look quite old (fading glaze) and the fittings on the front door are seriously scratched up.

The service today was really not so good. The waitress forgot my soup and my drink--and then charged for the drink on the bill! Also took far too long to flag her down.

But I'll be back for crab cakes, steak, or seared tuna.

• Visited October 2012
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“We like it”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Been here several times. Never left hungry. The staff is for the most part very friendly. Kind of a weird system though because you get so many different people waiting on you. It can be a bit pricey, but the food is good. I highly recommend the crab alfredo. One more tip do not eat dinner here then stop at Jos. A Banks to get fitted for a suit. Now my pants keep falling down if I don't have my belt on.

• Visited October 2012
Pennsy
“Not the best”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Outback does it much better if you're going to a chain-type steak house for a meal. And do not venture from the beef! Trust me, I've done it and regretted it.

Atco, new jersey
“longgg wait for bad food...”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Waited 55 minutes to be seated....nice enough server...1st steak was undercooked, grisley and chewy...2nd steak was mooing though ordered medium, sent back, returned barely rare and chewy...3rd persons steak was edible...left $92 lighter, frustrated and hungry....Never again...

• Visited September 2012