“We went for the ribs.”

JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Langhorne
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At J.B. Dawson's, we strive for excellence in our food, service and atmosphere. Our high quality menu begins by... using the freshest ingredients, like our hand cut steaks, fresh ground hamburgers, fresh seafood and home made soups, sauces,dressings and desserts. Our high-energy team oriented approach allows you to meet many members of our friendly staff and ensures that you receive attentive and complete service. Our clean open kitchen and warm classic atmosphere are combined with our outstanding food and service to give you a truly enjoyable experience. Your satisfaction is our number one goal.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband heard they had good ribs here and they do have a very nice selection of them... served with seafood or small portions of other entrees too, if you can't make up your mind. He said his ribs were good--not great. I had salmon with lump crabmeat... the salmon was cooked perfectly. Drinks were average, ambiance was nice... lots of room between the tables and a very attentive waitstaff. Nothing bad to say about this place, but nothing great either. Seemed like a very predictable place and easy to get into on a Friday night. Cost a little more than I thought it should.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Went there for months for happy hour, expensive cocktails good appitizers 5 to 7. Bar gets real busy at 5pm. Dinners (I had 5) i found totally lacking in quality and portions. Burgers were good. Menu rarly changes so same ole same ole week after week. As someone else said, they really need to turn your table, everything comes fast!

1  Thank Jacktax
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have been to Dawson's many times...usually with friends and colleagues who are also friends. I have eaten everything from the Burgers to typical pub sandwiches to chicken tenders, chicken wings,steaks, fries, burschetta, salads and beyond. The various appetizer samplers are really the way to go, with lots of variety and sufficient quantity. But you can certainly get a decent regular meal. One nice touch is the loaf of warm bread with maple butter that comes standard with a meal. The service is good, but they always tell you they serve as a team, so you can ask any waitperson for anything you need. This is a nice time, but after going there dozens of times, I get tired of the refrain. Even when I give them their little rap about being a team before they start speaking, they still feel compelled to repeat that litany. By now they should know our crew well enough to just take our order. The atmosphere is a bit fancier (But not uncomfortably so) than the usual neighborhood gin joint. (They are out to attract a family crowd as well) and the prices may be slightly high when you consider that the bar food is your best bet, I wouldn't rate the food as top of the line, but I wouldn't send it back either! The service is fine and I hear they serve as a team!

2  Thank TommyBoy94
Reviewed October 17, 2011

A good place to bring the kids as it was casual, had good food and wasn't expensive. I had the prime rib, which was very good. We went primarily because we needed a gluten free menu and they delivered. The gluten free pasta dish was a huge portion size and pretty good.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Have been taken to this restaurant three times over the last few years when visiting family in Philly. The baby back ribs are good but not as good as Texas style. All you can eat on Monday for about $26 but full rack at $22 is adequate. Generous sides but caution on salt. I suggest asking them to hold the salt on fries. There are many restaurants similar to this across the country and this ranks as average