“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Morrisville, PA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Gave this restaurant another try for both lunch and dinner and both times were a disappointment. For lunch I had their overpriced salad. For $12.99, I got a small salad with a spoonful for black beans and a few tomatoes on a tiny piece of salmon which wasn't fresh. My friend had enchiladas and left half on her plate along with the rice. On a positive note, their margaritas on the rocks are good, our server was very friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is nice.

• Visited January 2014

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“The worst food possibly served in Pa”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I write this review without having written a 1 star review for anything else, ever.

Margaritas is the worst Mexican restaurant or just restaurant period. My wife and I have visited there 3 times telling ourselves "it has to get better" no it does not. We have visited for lunch thinking the food would be better. Wrong again

The service is careless, slow and disorganized from the kitchen to the table locations. Hostess up front was very nice.

The food is the worst food you can eat anywhere, you have to go here to believe it.

I ordered the fajitas, they usually come sizzling and the waitresses would usually tell you be careful they are hot. They were ice cold, the fajitas were fat and chewy, not ideal for wrapping anything in and absolutely flavorless.

The chips that come out in arriving are oily and cold, one again awful.

Their top seller the fish tacos are just a fried piece of fish with tartar and lettuce, once again cold, inedible and absolutely flavorless.

This place is also very expensive, 14 to 22 dollars per plate and they give very small portions.

Please do not take my word for it, go yourself but be courteous enough to take the time to warn others.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Were to start”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Were to start... I arrived a little later then my party which was already seated. I asked were I could locate them, they had to clue and just pointed to the dinning room and stated go back a look around.

Waitress was very nice and pleasant within min's getting my order for drinks. The drinks came pretty fast, we order and waited, and waited for the food. Final almost an hour later the first plate arrived. This was Fajitas which they only cook med-well, but it came out well done to almost rare. That person was able to wait 10 minutes before eating and finish there meal, which was about 30 minutes, before the 2nd person received there meal. The 3rd and 4th person got there meal about 10 minutes after the 2nd. Mine was the Taco Salad, with ground beef which was hard to find in the bowl. Overall the taste was good, I had better.

Margaritas were great and flavorful.

The manger did come over and talk to us, because of our long wait, in which he stated he would pick up the bill, which in the end was just the main course not the drinks. He stated that there was a major kitchen break down which was holding up the plates from coming out. Only thing was the people behind us order after us and got all of their food before us.

We decide to get Coffee, Tea and dessert. The dessert was great and came out fast, along with our coffee and tea. The only thing I would say is that the coffee and tea was only ¾ full and even with the cream and sugar it wasn't brim. (And no we didn't expect them to pick up the tab on this)

On the way the hostess which was texting behind the counter stated having a good night as she was looking down texting away. Over all not impressed and have no plans on going back.

Margaritas would be better off focusing on there great drinks and some American bar food and get away from the Mexican food

• Visited November 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Less than average”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The food here is not very good. The guacamole was bland, needed salt. Salsa was spicy in a bad way. The queso was tasty but a bit greasy. The pico was mushy and tasteless. The chicken and beef fajitas was okay. The shrimp fajita was bland. Even the churros weren't very good :( how do you mess up fried dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar? The server was average. It's seems to be a chain with little authenticity. I would not return better off going to Cancun down the street service is spotty but the food is 100x better.

Visited January 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Many items to choose from, food was good, service was prompt and we were able to walk across the street to the hotel

Visited December 2013