“Exceeded Expectations”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Brief stay, two days, one night; however, everyone and everything exceeded expectations. Everyone from the front desk personnel to the maintenance staff to the management, was professional, friendly and courteous. A particular word of thanks, and my compliments, to the staff that work so hard to keep the place absolutely clean and spotless! The furniture was new and in good shape, and every inch of the room as absolutely clean. A wonderful stay that exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: There are alot of families with young children, so if you're travelling for any other reason, yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel. I picked it after lots of research on hotels near Sesame Place that would be good for an overnight stay. This was recommended to me because it was new and right across the street from the park. After reading some good reviews, I thought it would be good. I read that they had a little play area off of reception where the kids could play. And I read they had a balloonist doing balloons at breakfast time.
WELL.... apparently that is only during the summer. When I checked in and asked, they told me that because Sesame Place is only open during the weekends now, they don't do that anymore. OK.. well.. WHY NOT? It's a hotel across form Sesame Place, FULL of families going there, so why don't you still do it on the weekends? I barely packed toys for the hotel room for my 18 month old because I figured he could burn some energy in the playroom.. I was wrong. So those 2 things were a huge disappointment.
The hotel is in a good location near a lot of restaurants and stuff. The rooms are nice - the bathroom is very modern, but I hated it. The floor was white so if you walked on it with shoes, it was immediately noticeably dirty. Ew. Also, the sink was way too high for shorter people and kids (so bring a fold up stool) and the door was a sliding door with a frosted glass panel so it didn't really give much privacy,
The door didn't slide 100% closed, so it always seemed "open" and people can see you walking around so when you need to do your business, it's not really private. If it was a solid door, it would be better at least.
The set up was a desk with frosted glass partitioning off the bed area. We had the pack n play set up in front of the desk. We pushed the coffee table next to it, and piled cushions form the couch to give my son a darker, more private area to sleep. When we put him down we hid on the bed and we had no issues with him feeling like he was in the same room as us.
The room felt a bit cold despite turning the air off. The refrigerator was not cold at all. Or barely cold.
It was nice having 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby. The breakfast was ok - waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals and some bread products.. oranges and bananas. Oatmeal too - and the had good toppings for the oatmeal and eggs. But the cereal was weird.. 2 "adult" cereal and 2 kid ones (fruit loops and frosted flakes). The adult cereals were like, granola. What happened to good old fashioned plain cheerios or corn flakes? I also didn't like how the milk was 2%. Fine for my son, but I use skim.
Would we stay here again? Yes, it really is across from the park. Just a 5 minute walk. No need to pay parking at the park. I just have a more realistic expectation. And they honored my requests of room location and having the pack n play in the room when we got there so we wouldn't have to wait and my kid could go right to sleep if we checked in late.

1  Thank akitkat118
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Akitkat118,
We appreciate your feedback of the SpringHill Suites Langhorne. Please accept my apologies that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. While we do have a children's play area and animal balloonist during the summer months, I apologize we do not offer that during the winter months. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sesame Place.

John G.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

1st timer at this site. easy to access off rt 1, ( n. of Philly). Very modern, super clean facility...Grounds are well kept. No problems with internet for both email and streaming content. Breakfast was fresh , well attended to. All staff were friendly and always greeting their guests. Corp rate of $144 was a bit high in my estimation based on its location n. of Philly. But with the medical complex across the street, I figured they are making their margin there... several restaurants and shopping malls-plazas are in close proximity to the site.

Room Tip: I was on 2nd floor facing parking lot, perhaps opposite side would even be more quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed for three weeks with one year old .exceptionally friendly tolerant staff . Good management clean all th way ,rooms to lobby .accaptable breakfast clean and generous!
The pool is very warm and cozy but small good for family play .loved the fire pit table in the backyard ,nice trees ,recently renovated, i recommend highly worth the money .
Thanks to all the staff from baby Christina ! from front desk to room cleaners to lobby breakfast ...

Room Tip: Choose the back towards the trees ! I preferred rooms with walk in shower instead of bath.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are going to Sesame Place, as it is literally right across the street from the park and there is a nice pathway leading from the front of the hotel to the park entrance (a 5 minute walk with a stroller in tow). The hotel is very new, so it's clean and in good condition. Very family friendly with a pool and pack-n-plays, microwaves, and a fridge in each room. The breakfast area in the morning is pure chaos, so don't plan on eating downstairs, but overall this is a great place for a family to stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We (myself, wife and two year old) spent 5 nights here end of july.

The Good
- Clean
- Extremely close to sesame place
- Staff seemed nice and helpful (although there was a lack of staff at one point which lead to a long wait time and much frustration.
- Playroom for the little ones
- Nice lobby, ordered in and ate there a few times.

The Bad
- Breakfast chaos to beat the rush before closure (which is early IMHO). At least I was able to get a tray and bring breakfast to my room.
- Room bathroom is not child friendly.
- I personally don't like valet, but to each his own.
- Impossible to relax in the jacuzzi, kids everywhere even late. I think it should be adults only after a certain hour.

Overall nice stay but probably won't go back unless I find a good deal.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Paul M,
We appreciate your review. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at the SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne. I'm sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. I will review your concerns with my staff, and I hope that on your next visit to Sesame Place you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

John G.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nicely appointed rooms, friendly helpful staff, very clean, great location. We stayed here 2 nights during our visit to Sesame Place and the hotel was actually the best part of the trip. The indoor pool is heated and it was wonderfully warm!! The kids enjoyed their pool time as much as they did their visit to Sesame Place. Located a short walk from the Sesame Place gate, so no need to pay for parking. The free breakfast was not 5 star cusine, but it saved us money from eating out and was sufficient. What I was most grateful for though? That a personal item I left behind was found and promptly shipped back to me. We live over 4 hours away and I was so upset when I got home and realized I left behind my pillow (I'm one of those people that must bring my own pillow from home!) I called the hotel to see if they could locate it and was notified it was being held in the front office for safe keeping. I was so relieved! It was shipped out to me the very next day. I had to cover the shipping cost, but that was fine by me, I was just happy to get my pillow returned to me.

Dear Tiffs2CentsOnTravels,
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We are glad you chose the SpringHill Suites Langhorne for your accommodations while traveling to Sesame Place. We hope you visit us again soon!

Kind regards,
AnnaMarie L.
Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!