“Great Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Great Rooms”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Julie and the rest of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms (suites) are great. There is room to work without feeling cramped. The exercise equipment is nice and the indoor pool area and hot tub are excellent. It's a typical hotel free breakfast and is ok. There are lots of places within 1 mile of the hotel for eating and socializing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan H
jcgeorge343, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for your review we like to see these comments and I will past this on to Julie as well. We hope to see you the next time your in the area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Based on the tripadvisor tips, I called the hotel the morning of my arrival and asked for room facing the back of the hotel away from the road. They told me, "yes, that is where we have you" I get there and I'm in a room facing the front of the hotel closest to the road. Really? I was able to move to the only other room availalble still facing the front but at least away from the road. While the hotel is not on a very busy road, I prefer not to hear any road noise if possible. But more importantly the hotel needs to be more responsive to a fairly simply request like this.
OK, now to the room. It is a new hotel which is great. The room is designed with the bathroom running the length of the room between the other rooms which is a smart design to reduce noise from adjacent rooms. Oddly small sink in the bathroom, my hands actually hit the back when washing. 10 pillows in the room but all thick foam ones too high to be comfortable, would strongly suggest they mix in some thinner, feather type ones so you have a choice. My biggest complaint is the heating unit. The room was 74 degrees so I put on some A/C to cool it down. Only could get it to 72 degrees and then had to shut off the unit because it blows right onto your face when in the bed. Can't understand why it would be designed like that but that is a big negative.
All in all, a nice new hotel that needs to pay a little more attention to detail and figure out how to redirect the air flow from right on guest's faces.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back of the hotel away from the road for the quietest spot but make sur...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jcgeorge343, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry we started off on a bad note but I can assure that I have talked to my front desk staff about how we dropped the ball on this and what we need to do to prevent this from happening again. Guest requests are very important to me; my staff and I want to make sure they are all met. We have also addressed your concern about your heating unit. When we opened they improperly installed the vents and we must have missed this room when correcting it, but it has now been taken care of. I hope next time your in the area that you will come back and give us another chance to make this up to you.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a really great new hotel, with a very nice staff at the front desk. A sweet lady named Dixa cheerfully changed my room when I asked her to move me to a room facing the trees in back. I got a peek at both 2-queen room and a king-size room. Both have mile-high mattresses that are very comfy, with beautiful white coverings. The king room had no tub, which was fine with me, but sported a huge walk-in shower. In fact, the bathroom is very chic, with a big round mirror "layered" over the large mirror, and a high square sink. There is a separate area for seating and a work desk, with sliding glass panels separating it from the sleeping area. A decent breakfast is served, with both hot and cold offerings. This is an immaculate and comfortable hotel, which has an upscale look for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The back rooms seem quieter, since they face a woodsy area.
Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jcgeorge343, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your great review on our hotel. I will ensure that I pass your comment on to my staff and Dixa that made your stay so comfortable. Next time your in the Langhorne area please come back and visit us.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice, new hotel. Not fancy, but clean, bright and in a safe location. I just wish there was a good breakfast place nearby - the free breakfast is fine, but typical (pastries, waffles, pans of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, etc...). Great dinner places nearby tho (Bonefish Grill, Carlucci's).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay. My staff and I take pride in making sure our guest have a clean and comfortable hotel stay.
See you next time your in the Langhorne area
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a very nice, new, clean Springhill Property. Front desk said they opened in August. Lots of restaurants in the immediate area. Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill as a couple of chains in the area. Pre-paid rate was great. I will definately return to this hotel next time I have business in North Philadelphia.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy your enjoyed the hotel we take pride in making sure its perfect for our guest. Hope to see you the next time you in the area
Kitty Hawk, NC
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and daughter really enjoyed out Valentine's Day visit to the recently opened Marriott SpringHill Suites near the famous Sesame Street Park in Langhorne, PA.
We are both originally from the Lawrenceville, NJ area and know this site very well since the park was first opened.

Our host Julie went out of her way to make us welcome and the towel love birds on the bed was quite unexpected and Valentine candy enjoyable.

I have always stayed at this location since it opened and especially when Sandy hit the Northeast last November and forced our company into emergency repairs and restorations to several devastated marine facilities in North Jersey.

The Grand opening later last year also was out of this world with catered seafood from the adjacent Bone Fish restaurant and guided tours of all this location's facilities. I am quite fond of the Bone Fish and always look for one when out of town, so this was doubly enjoyable.

The staff at this Marriott SpringHill Suites have always made my wife and I very welcome on every occasion and went to a great length to help us secure a room for the entire first week after Sandy, when most locations in New Jersey were unavailable or completely full and I needed a room badly.

I am a retired consultant traveling from Kitty Hawk, NC and always look for the best and closest Marriott wherever I am going across the country.

The Langhorne, PA SpringHill Suites will always be one of our favorite stops.

Again thank you Julie for taking care of us when we needed it most.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay. I will make sure I past your comment on to Julie that went out of her way. I'm so glad your like your towel animals my Operations Manager takes pride in those to make our guest happy.

Hope to see you soon next time your in the Langhorne area.
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a faily new hotel. It is very clean and comfortable and the staff is great! My son loved the pool and the hot tub. There is also a firepit in the rear of the hotel. We stayed a total of 5 days, and hated to leave! Convenient to many spots in Phili and Bucks County, and is right across the street from Sesame Place. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jcgeorge343, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Jan Thanks for the great review. We hated to see you leave also we always like when our guest stay awhile so we can get to know them.

Next time your in the Langhorne away please come back and see us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!