“Tips and Thoughts”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrate silly, not-too-spooky fun at The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular at Sesame Place®. Select dates from September 22 through October 29, the park is transformed into a family-friendly Halloween haven! Come in costume and enjoy three special Halloween-themed shows, soar, swing, fly and cruise on four Count von Count-themed mechanical rides, and see everyone’s favorite furry friends dressed up in costume! Everyone will love the Neighborhood Street Party Halloween Parade that features ten fantastic floats all decked out for the season with music and dancing that will have everyone joining in the fun. The parade features exciting performances about Halloween fun including trick-or-treating, dressing in costume and doing the “Jack-O-Lantern Jump”! Stay until 8PM every Saturday during Spooktacular to see the special night time version of the parade – the sky will light up with not-too-spooky Halloween-colored lighting! There’s fun for everyone at The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Our family travelled from Ontario, Canada to Sesame Place last week. We had a great time - our two-year old was in heaven! We had many hours over the drive home to think about what we may do differently or would tell friends - here were our thoughts:

1. We booked a package through Sesame Place. I started by booking online but ended up calling which I think may have worked out to slightly cheaper. I gave the agent a budget and she recommended different options.

2. We stayed at the Amerisuites, which is currently being transformed into a Hyatt. It was in Princeton, NJ - and a very easy 20-minute drive on one highway to the park. ti was gorgeous - looking exactly as it does on the website. Very clean, large LCD panel tv and sectional couch. Great for families.

3. Do a meal with the characters...it was about $16 per person, we chose to do breakfast with Elmo on the first day. Advantages:
- guaranteed to see Elmo (our daughter's ultimate favorite) and other characters - on our day it was Zoey, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert. They had pros taking pics you could buy - but you were just as welcome to take your own and they were great about allowing lots of time and being patient with kids who were a bit scared or overwhelmed. You can see some of these characters throughout the park but need to wait in lines (in the sun) and things seemed a bit more hurried. In all reality, parents should eat prior, it's not about the food!!!! It's pretty much chaos but well worth it for your child....
-another advantage - breakfast is PRIOR to the park opening...so you are in and able to get on rides well before the park starts to fill up. The second day we were there for the opening at 10 and it was pretty crazy standing in line, just to get in!! It gets packed fairly quickly, too.

4. We used the Preferred Parking area which was $16 per day - most certainly a scam but regular parking was $13 so for the extra money you were quite a bit closer. We could also leave and come back (by car). You may want to do this to grab lunch elsewhere. The food is rather pricey (a kid's meal was $7.99 for chicken fingers and fries!!!) and there is a mall a minute's drive down the road. You can only bring small coolers into the park and we did see them turn away anyone who brought larger than the dimensions they specify (you can look this up on their website)

5. There are several rides, I think the waterpark is bigger...a note about the lines: they are NOT sheltered meaning you are standing in the hot sun. Most rides did not allow hats on them, but you need to have one (the kids especially) while in line.

6. We also have a 3 month old so I was hoping to be able to find nursing stations - there was just one in the park. Something to be aware of!

7. Overall - definitely worth the trip but plan well. Pack for the day(s) - we did the rides on the first day (and the parade at 2pm) and hit the water park for the second day. We only did about 4 or 5 hours each day and that was well more than enough. You can take strollers but they can't go into the shows etc so you have to be okay with leaving it out (most of us left our diaper bags and so on in the strollers...seemed safe enough). We didn't use the lockers so we were carting around all our stuff. In the end our daughter had a ball, we got lots of great pics, she is still talking about it and we came away happy!!

7  Thank FamilyTravels01

Reviewed July 28, 2007

We went to the park on Thursday (7/26) and Friday 7/27. On Thursday we did the breakfast with Cookie Monster. The food was okay, but the price was worth the time that my son was able to spend with the characters. Cookie Monster was outside before we went into the restaurant, count, big bird, bert and ernie we inside. All of the characters except Big Bird came to the table and visited with my son and we were able to take pictures. On Thursday we rode a lot of the rides over and over again, we didn't have to wait in line at all. I had read online that to watch the parade that you want to be where the black meets blue. My mom went about 1 pm and saved us a spot to watch the parade. The spot was great!!! We didn't do any water activities on Thursday. On Friday, the park was packed!!! We did the lazy river, the water wadding and rode 2 rides. The lines were long on Friday and it was very hot.

Overall, the trip was great. My 2 1/2 year old enjoyed himself. I didn't buy any food at the park for lunch. We actually brought a small cooler in with lunch fixiings. You are allowed to bring a very small cooler in the park if you have little ones. The security at the front does check strollers and makes sure that you are not brining in large coolers.

4  Thank nbrmommy2005
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We just reurned from a 5 day trip to Sesame Place with our 2 year old son. It was an excellent vacation that centered around him. He has visited all of the Orlando theme parks several times and we are often searching for an activity or ride that he can do. Not at Sesame Place. He was able to participate in everything.

Since we are from Orlando and have annual passes to several of the theme parks, I must admit that I saw a few places where there is room for improvement. But overall the park was clean, the employees were friendly and the rides/attractions were perfect.

As far as price, I guess I am immune to the prices at theme parks because the prices here were right in line with all of the Orlando theme parks.

We are going again and I have invited friends!

1  Thank cheapchick22
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Went to Sesame Place this past weekend (7/20-22/07) and had a blast! My husband and I traveled with a three year old, four year old and ten year old. My ten year old was less than enthused at the thought but afterwards said it was one of the best trips ever! He loved the big waterslides - there were a couple and he loved the lazy river where you float around on tubes (lazily!). There are several dry rides as well, the rollercoaster was just right and all the kids loved it - we rode it about 6 times in two days! There are a few shows, we saw Elmo's world Live and the kids enjoyed it. We did do Dine With Me Sesame (for a 4:00 p.m. dinner) and at $99 for five of us, it was well worth the smiles on my little ones faces as the danced with and took pictures with their favorite characters! My three year old walked and danced around the dining hall holding Ernie's hand while doing the conga line!! Those pics alone are priceless!! We had a great table along the aisle while dining and got to see all of the characters perform right in front of us (table #15) The food was ok. They served an average teriyaki salmon, the smoked beef brisket was very good, average chicken parm and pasta, smashed red potatoes, mixed veggies and a caesar salad that was ok. They also had cake, cookies and ice cream for dessert. The setting was cafeteria-like, but the price was worth the up close and personal attention with all the favorite sesame street characters. The first day we went was a friday, and the park wasn't packed at all. We didn't wait more than five minutes for each ride. The kids loved all the wading pools and sprinklers and enjoyed the Rock around the Block parade!
They were able to ride pretty much every ride -- that's the great thing about this park - it's especially for little ones, but parents can participate on everything as well!
When we went back on Sunday the park was PACKED! It was still fun, but took a little longer to get on the rides, lines were really long for some things. The food is average at the other places to dine, not that great, and I was glad we did breakfast/brunch before going to the park. The lunch boxes (shaped like big bird and comes with a little souvenir cup) were not that great and overpriced at about $8 for chicken fingers, fries and soda (for a child's meal). My husband and I shared an ok grilled cheeseburger and Chicken Parm that wasn't bad. They also had the usuals, funnel cakes, ice cream, popcorn, soda! The tickets are almost $50, but they're two day tickets, so well worth it! We took a break and went to the PHiladelphia Zoo on Saturday and to see the Liberty Bell, but the kids couldn't wait to get back to Sesame Place on Sunday! I must say, every worker we encountered at Sesame Place was pleasant and courteous! We left with a cookie monster basketball that was about $12 and a sesame place softball and bat ($14). All the ten year old wanted was a bucket of popcorn! Great fun and we'll definitely head back again while they're still little!

6  Thank AliciaLH1
Reviewed July 17, 2007

My daughter and I went to Sesame Place on opening weekend this year. We both loved it. It was crowded, but tolerable. The parade was amazing. If you were a Sesame Street fan as a child, you need to go to this park. I thought that $50 a person for a 2-day pass was pretty reasonable in comparison to other parks. We had a great time and will definately go back!