“Great park with "LIFELESS" staff”
Review of Sesame Place

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW IN SPRING 2018 at Sesame Place® is our biggest, most exciting roller coaster ever – Oscar’s Wacky Taxi™! Everyone’s favorite grouch and his pal, Slimey, will take thrill seekers of all sizes on a crazy, curvy taxi cab ride on our one-of-a-kind wooden-steel hybrid coaster with an exhilarating first drop of 40 feet and plenty of airtime hill and exhilarating thrills – sure to delight even the grouchiest of riders! Bring the entire family to whirl on rides, splash down slides and hug everyone’s favorite furry friends. So before little kids become big kids, go before they grow® to Sesame Place! Sesame Place is located 30 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes south of New York City.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We took our 4 year old strictly for the water rides. When we started our day we thought this was a bad idea because it was raining. Once we paid for parking and noticed all the people in their bathing suits with umbrellas, we knew the day could only get more interesting. We walked right in since we bought our tickets online. First ride Sky Splash was amazing but staff showed no emotion. We ended up making our way to Big Birds Rambling River where we met Julian who was amazing, He was friendly and helpful and always had a smile the 8 times we got on this "ride". My 4 year old wasn't happy about the cold water and rain but every time Julian told him it would be OK and our son did better each time around. We also rode Sesame Streak where I had a hard time getting my son off as well as myself, Sara offered to help and was very kind to my "scared of stranger" son. The Count's Splash Castle was AMAZING but kids run wild and MOST parents weren't watching their young ones run and fall in the water and into other kids/adults.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)
All reviews
in 96 reviews
"bring your own"
in 87 reviews

Reviewed August 21, 2009

We headed out to the park on 8/21. We were going to do the twilight package for $29.95. A band of thunder storms had rolled through the area and we had hoped cleared a lot of people out.
1st problem=When we arrived at the gates, the only windows open where Guest Relation windows with a huge line going every which way. Most people where taking advantage of the rainy day refund policy. I don't know why you can't buy twilight tickets at the automated machines.
2nd problem=Park was way too crowded. Lines weren't to long but you couldn't walk anywhere.
3rd problem=$20 for a locker? Get real.
4th problem- The Park was so gross. I've been to over 31 different amusement parks in the country. This one is in the top 3 for being the most gross place every.
5th problem=the type of guest that go there. Let’s just say there not that classy

We went to Count's Castle first with my 3 year old. WE where for 5 minutes before some kid that were way too old ran into me and knocked me over. This upset my daughter and enraged me. So we headed over to Big Birds Lazy River. People were cutting in line and jumping ahead. Most of these adults are animals and its ashamed there kids are going to grow up just like them. The last straw was getting in line for the tube slides next to Count Castle and having a bunch of groups cut in line. The park paths and walk ways were covered in trash and where gross. This is a place people have to walk in bare feet. You can't have half eaten food and vomit on the ground. That stuff can get tracked into the water.

I saw no security and line jumping and smoking was ramped. People seriously grow up and follow the rules. Why do you think you have a right to cut in line? Oh that’s right your low class.

Inbev/Busch should be ashamed of this park. I've been to almost all the Busch Parks and this was a joke. I plan on writing them a letter and informing them of this mess they have up here. Even I got free tickets, I wouldn't go back.

4 Tickets to Sesame Place $119.95
Parking $15
Locker $20
Total=$154.95 for 2 hours at a crappy park.

Avoid at all cost!

4  Thank Dugtown94
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband, myself and my 4 year old daughter booked a 3 night package at the Hyatt Regency which included 3 season passes for sesame place and tickets to adventure aquarium. The whole trip was fabulous.
The hotel was really nice and included buffet breakfast daily. My only complaint with the hotel was that I was supposed to have a micro and fridge in the room, (which I booked in May and confirmed 5 days before I went) but when I got there I was told no micro.
Sesame Place was very hot and crowded, but we saw all the shows and cooled off in the water rides. The season passes also got you 30% off food and merchandise. We brought our own water in a cooler to the park. My daughter was absolutely awestruck at meeting the characters. The park was very clean, and the staff were very nice.
Adventure Aquarium was a great find. My 4 yr. old was able to participate in everything (shark petting, stingray touching and pet a starfish) The layout was very child friendly and I really enjoyed it as an adult too. It took us about 2 1/2 hours too see it all. We skipped the outside shows as it was about 100 degrees out and the shows had no shade or cover.
Sadly, the only negative thing for me was the line cutting at Sesame. I would expect it from the kids, but the parents were just as guilty. I guess there are selfish people everywhere.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

We had a great time at Sesame Place. My husband and I grew up in the early 70s, so being Sesame Street babies ourselves, we were eager to take our three kids aged 20 months, 5 years, and 6 years.

We bought the 2-day ticket and arrived after 3pm on a Thursday afternoon. We paid for the general parking and had no trouble finding a good spot. We brought a small cooler. Our toddler likes to drink so we had a few cups of milk, some soda for us, and juice bags for the kids. I had a large diaper bag where I stored our towels, diaper supplies, and some snacks.

We found the park to be clean and enjoyed the flower displays and topiaries of Sesame STreet characters.

There are only a handful of rides - and the rides are not "kiddie" level. I would consider them more "moderate-thrill" level actually. My 5 yr old son was too afraid to go on any of them (except the merry-go-round). He did like the play area with big climbing nets - so my husband took him there while I rode on the rides with our 6 year old. Also in the play area is a little jump around area and play ground for toddlers.

Even a lot of the water slides were too scary for my kids. The did like the Count's Castle splash area and the lazy inner tube river.

We saw the parade on Thursday night. As everyone says, try to get a good spot along the path. Be sure to closer to the main gate area than the Sesame STreet village area because the pararde stops and the characters sing and dance before they get to the village. Our kids loved the pararde.

Friday morning we had Breakfast with Cookie Monster. I saw that most people on this site recommend doing a character meal - and I agree - it is worth it. We wanted breakfast with Elmo, but I waited until the Monday before our trip to order the tickets (because I was checking on the weather report) and Elmo was sold out. The Cookie Monster breakfast is outside in a pavilion area. The buffet consisted of: eggs, bacon, tater tots, french toast sticks, cereal, bagels and some fruit. No cookies. The characters that came were: Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Abby Cadabby, & Big Bird. We were happy because our toddler LOVES Ernie & Bert. It's true, you can see the characters in the park, but you'll have to wait in line to get your picture taken with them. Our breakfast with them was a highlight for us and the kids.

We saw all the shows. The Elmo's World Show is set up just like it is on TV. Very cute. Abby Cadabby's treasure hunt and Big Bird's Beach Party were alright. Those are done outside and Elmo's is inside.

Our toddler liked seeing the characters and playing in the splash pools. But I can see why kids 2 and under are free; there isn't much there for them.

I personally don't care for amusement parks that combine the wet & dry because I hate carrying around towels and wearing a bathing suit all day. But I think that's the trend most amusement parks are moving to these days.

We didn't spend too much on food because the first day we ate lunch before we came, and dinner after. Then on Friday, we made sure to eat a ton at breakfast so we could just have a snack for lunch and then have dinner after we left the park.

I think the 2 day ticket option is nice especially when you have very little ones who still nap and get cranky after a few hours. This way you can break it up into two days. Thursday was less crowded than Friday (in August).

Overall, we really enjoyed the park. We love Sesame Street so seeing the characters was a treat for us all. I think any kid age 2-9 would enjoy themselves here.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I and our 3 yr old son just returned from Sesame and had a great time. We bought the two day pass and went on a Tuesday and Wednesday. The park was crowded and it was very hot, but we did not experience any problems with long lines for any of the rides whatsoever. We brought a cooler in both days with lunch, snacks and many drinks to keep hydrated. We did breakfast with Elmo the second day, which the food wasn't the greatest, but the experience and the look on my sons face when he got his picture taken with Elmo was so worth it. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which has a shuttle that takes you to the park. It runs from like 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. and it worked out perfectly as we did not have to pay for parking. We were able to fit our stroller in the back too and we brought our big stroller too, not a small umbrella one. The park was clean and the workers we dealt with were friendly. By the end of the day the bathroom near the splash castle was quite nasty, but I never experienced any problems any other time. I highly recommend the parade (get your spot early) and Big Birds Beach Party. We saw them both twice, very cute. All in all it was a great trip and I am glad we were able to be a kid again.

1  Thank seahorse32