“always a good time”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW in 2017! Every weekend is full of Springtacular fun at Sesame Place® as Elmo wonders about new and exciting things! Join Elmo and his friends as they learn about magic, trains, pirates, storybooks and superheroes! Each weekend, from May 6 through June 18, Elmo will use his imagination and transform the park into a new adventure. Sing along with Choo-Choo Soul during train weekend, catch a new show, Elmo & the Bookaneers during Pirate Weekend, enjoy special character meet & greets, dines and more!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Smyrna
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“always a good time”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Christmas event was very well done. Thoroughly enjoyed the shows. The parade was fun. Dinner was OK good value with season pass discount

Philadelphia, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Very Torturous Furry Christmas”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We (myself and my almost-2-year-old) visited Sesame Place this evening using a Groupon for their Very Furry Christmas. In retrospect, there were a number of factors working against us: (1) the Groupon, (2) the unseasonably warm weather, and (3) it being the weekend before Christmas. It was chaos. I'll admit, my blood pressure was already up because the trip took almost 2 hours to get there from Philadelphia (should have been 30 mins) because of some horrible traffic tie-up at the exit. So we got there later than anticipated, and it had just gotten dark. Parking is outrageous (though I knew this) but of more concern, the parking lots were so poorly lit that it was nearly impossible to see the signs indicating your car's location. It really is a safety hazard - I felt like I needed a flashlight to navigate the walk from the car to the park and back. Once we got in the park, it was a mob scene. My son was too young/not interested in most rides, so we went straight to try to get in to one of the shows. They were out of maps (which you wouldn't be able to read in the dark anyway, the park (aside from the beautiful Christmas lights) was equally poorly lit, and less than half the people that worked there that I asked were able to direct me to the show locations. We weren't able to get into a single show. We didn't see any characters walking around at all. We ended up waiting around for the parade, so my son could see some characters (which he did and was very happy about) and then booked out of there. The parade, while short (5 minutes for all characters to go by) was the only salvage of the evening. I'm sure it's a better experience in the daytime, with less crowds, but I think the management erred by offering too many Groupons, and having ill-informed staff who were ill-equipped to manage the crowds.

1 Thank phillydlite
Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“a Very Furry Christmas”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you want a picture with Sesame Street characters this is the place to go! They were everywhere and was very fun. Or if you want to see Elmo live. The park did smell very nice, had warm, clean bathrooms.

I was surprised at how little there actually was to do for younger children (2 yr old). Also there were heaters setup but not turned on during the day. I had read that the food was expensive but $9 for a kids meal! WOW! Idlewild Park and Soak Zone is 10 better!

Tip: take a blanket to sit on to watch the shows, 2 of the 3 sit down shows are outside and you sit on aluminum bleachers, take a blanket to sit on.

3 Thank almaelou
New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Chilly but fun”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We visited Sesame Place for their Very Furry Christmas. This is almost completely outside so make sure to bundle up! Be aware that the shows fill up quickly so plan to get in line ahead of time. Park is small but a perfect size for young children. The only thing I would have like to have seen would be more character interaction with the kids.

Baltimore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our happy place!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Ive been taking my little boy here for like 3 or 4 years. We just left their winter thing that they do and we had a blast!! I swear sesame place is our happy place. Lines were not too long. If your child is into games, get the game card for $20 and youll get to play one of each game, winning something at nearly each one. All of the employees were awesome and friendly. Park is clean and affordable. Cant wait to go back again!