“More fun than I thought it would be!”
Review of Sesame Place

Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW IN SPRING 2018 at Sesame Place® is our biggest, most exciting roller coaster ever – Oscar’s Wacky Taxi™! Everyone’s favorite grouch and his pal, Slimey, will take thrill seekers of all sizes on a crazy, curvy taxi cab ride on our one-of-a-kind wooden-steel hybrid coaster with an exhilarating first drop of 40 feet and plenty of airtime hill and exhilarating thrills – sure to delight even the grouchiest of riders! Bring the entire family to whirl on rides, splash down slides and hug everyone’s favorite furry friends. So before little kids become big kids, go before they grow® to Sesame Place! Sesame Place is located 30 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes south of New York City.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was very wary of traveling here, based on some of the previous reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the fun time that my family had there. It was mostly clean, and pretty crowded - but lots of chances to see beloved characters, and later in the day the water rides got pretty empty. There was enough for my 7 year old to do, he said, "Mom, I actually LIKE sesame place!" And, my 5-year old wants to go back as soon as possible. My 2 year old keeps on talking about how she met Elmo and the Count. I recommend the lunch with the characters if you can do it - great way to get pictures without waiting in lines. My 5-year old said that this was the highlight of her summer. If you live relatively close, and can swing the somewhat pricey admission cost, go for it - your kids (ages 8/9 and younger) will have fun - and remember, it is not about YOU as an adult if you are going here - it is about the kids :) So, through the eyes of a young child, this place is about as good as it gets in the Philly/ NYC metro areas.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)
All reviews
in 52 reviews
"vip parking"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Took my 2.5yr old here for the first time recently. Had heard about it on the radio/tv and a few people I know went but never got an in depth review. So here is my take. Sesame has a limited window of opportunity to get your $. They only have from newborn to say 7-8yrs old and then whamo... no one is interested in Elmo and his buddies anymore. Its not like Walt Disney World where it is a World Class Destination for adults and children. This being said it explains alot.

I am by no means a cheapskate. In fact, my family and I were at Disney in July of this year and I would sooner go back there in a heartbeat and everyone knows, Disney isnt cheap. I think the things that really upset me were that Sesame Place gouges you for everything. From parking $20+ a day. To $40 for a twilight pass that is only good for a few hours. Most upsetting was thier food (or slop should I say) and the prices that they charged for it. We did Dine with Elmo and it was worse food then a school cafeteria. Wilted grey hot dogs, hard macaroni and cheese. All served on a plastic plate with so many scrapes and dings on it god knows what bacteria was living in it. The food all over the park is gross. There is just no excuse for it. I could go on and on but you get the point. Oh, and try to get milk or low sugar drink options anywhere??? Nope not available. Sesame gets an F on nutrition.

They also get an F on cleanliness. Not only do they have a lack of restrooms but the facilities that they do have (most are family bathroome which consist of a long counter, a changing table, and ONE... yes ONE toilet for the entire room!) are dirty and not maintained. Unexcuseable

There is no enforcement of rules at the park either, and the staff for the most part are local high schoolers. Most do thier best to help you but at the end of the day they are kids there for the summer who could care less. Example: we were over by the water tubes and a little 4yr old girl looked lost. No one was paying attention to her. I went over to her after watching her yell "mommy mommy" for about 5min with no one around. I picked her up and brought her to the nearest concession stand to ask them where the "lost children/lost parents" was. They didnt know!! And to top it off, they were upset that I cut the line to ask the question! Hello this was an emergency and not only were they rude but they couldnt even point me in the right direction!!

Lastly the people. I mean we all have our issues but just because this is a waterpark doesnt mean you should come sit down and eat in your bathing suit with your junk hanging out or no shoes. I cant tell you how many women (and not young skinny attractive women) had thier breasts hanging out or thier butts hanging out of thier bathing suits. And people walked around everywhere, even in the dining halls with no shoes on. Its just nasty people! No one wants to see that or have your nasty feet on the chairs/stools. Disney would never tolerate things like that. I dont know how to say it any other way without being offensive but it was a trainwreck!

The only real positive things I can say about this place are that the Characters are GREAT! They really stop and interact with you and take photos with you etc. They are truly above and beyond! Also, the amount of things that they have to do is very good. Any kid, no matter what thier likes are can find something to amuse themselves with for hours here. So on that end its worth it.

The bottom line is would I go again. No not unless it was completely being paid for by some lotto win or a contest or something.

BUT... My son had the time of his life! He loved the rides, he loved the characters and thats what counts.

2  Thank Etiquette101
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We are season pass holders to BG Williamsburg and water country USA. We were surprised at how poorly this place is run compared to other Sea World parks. The park was dirty and crowded and the price for a two year old is completely unreasonable. The theming is cute and the rides are fun, but there is simply not enough to do to justify a $60 admission, especially for a toddler.

1  Thank WriterFace
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My feeling about Sesame Place is that it's overrated and ridiculously overpriced. Everything, from ticket prices to a bottle of water ($2.79) is overpriced. I brought my 3 and 1/2 year old and she was able to do only 2 rides (not even a ride; Ernie's Bed bounce and Cookie Mountain) by herself. The rest of the rides she had to go on with an adult as she was not tall enough. Sesame Place seems to cater to older children, who can go on the rides themselves and have more choices, especially with the water rides. Regarding the water rides, my daughter was again not big enough to go solo and several of the rides were too scary for her. It's ironic that Sesame Street targets preschoolers; Sesame Place does not. Best for kids between 6 and 10, in my opinion. The food is not too great and very expensive. Dinner for 4 (2 turkey sandwiches, a salad and chicken fingers came out to $50!). My Dad got a Slurpee drink that cost $6.00 and a small bag of popcorn was almost $4.00. Save your $ and bring a picnic lunch, and lots of bottled water. The lines were long, long, long for each ride, we waited at least 20-30 min. per ride. Difficult with a hot and sweaty 3 year old. Lastly, the park is not well marked at all. You won't find any signs directing you to various locations, not even the bathroom. We had to ask several attendants before we could find a restroom. All in all, I was disappointed with Sesame Place and would only consider going back when my daughter is older.

2  Thank cori n
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My 2 1/2 year old had the time of his life, but I can not believe how much I loved this place! The awe and pure joy in my son's little face made my day!!!

We live 20 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure and are season pass holders to that park. Sesame is so much better for young kids and truly no comparison.

The best feature of course is the fact that EVERYTHING is young kid friendly. Sesame was also much cleaner and had a better layout. Parking was cheaper than 6 Flags, the food was better, healthier and cheaper.
My best part is the fact that they didn't nickel and dime us all day. At 6 Flags you are pulling out your credit card for one thing or another every 10 minutes. At Sesame Place they allow you to bring in your own drinks, snacks and food (a huge bonus for families with young kids). I even saw people with their own coolers inside the park. When you purchase a drink you are able to get your own (unlimited refills).

Our favorite area was the water playground inside the water park. My son and his friend ran around giggling for an hour. So much fun!

We came home and immediately purchased 2014 season passes (especially since they were offering the rest of 2013 free along with all of next year). Totally worth it!

All in all I can totally recommend this park to any family with young kids. I can not wait to go back and am looking forward to their Christmas celebration "A very furry Christmas".

1  Thank Tina H