“Great Place for Kids”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW in 2017! Every weekend is full of Springtacular fun at Sesame Place® as Elmo wonders about new and exciting things! Join Elmo and his friends as they learn about magic, trains, pirates, storybooks and superheroes! Each weekend, from May 6 through June 18, Elmo will use his imagination and transform the park into a new adventure. Sing along with Choo-Choo Soul during train weekend, catch a new show, Elmo & the Bookaneers during Pirate Weekend, enjoy special character meet & greets, dines and more!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Place for Kids”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Well managed amusement park. Courteous staff, great atmosphere intended to entertain small children who are fans of Sesame Street characters. Lots of good, fun interaction with the characters. Food at dinner was so so- but good for amusement park environment. Would definitely go again.

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We went May 11th for the Imagination Movers concert. We had never been here before so I didn't know what to expect. We paid the extra money for preferred parking which worked out well as when we left later that day it was down pouring.
Overall it was a good experience. My daughter is 5 and was able to get in the rides quickly and multiple times. The rides were fun and well managed. The park was clean but could have used a fresh coat of paint. Landscaping was beautiful. Water park looked fun but was closed for most of our visit, too cold. Parade was cute but it would have been nicer to have it twice a day so more people could see it.
Staff- the staff was mostly teenagers and young adults. The ones I interacted with were friendly and helpful. Was really nice to see them playing with the little kids that were on the rides.
Food-we only ate at Elmo's Eatery. This was the biggest disappointment. Staff was slow and didn't want to be bothered. Food was just ok and expensive. I would compare the prices to Disney park food, only Disney gives you more for the price and better taste.
Imagination Movers concert was the highlight of our visit. The staff promptly got us seated and the stage was nice. The Movers put on a high energy family friendly show, and even signed autographs and took pics with the kids. Would def see them again.
The Characters- were nice but could have been more interactive and friendly.
This trip was better than I expected, but I doubt I will return. I would rather go back to Disney. :) The price was too high for what you got. I would recommend it to others but only if the water rides were open too and you could get a discounted ticket.

3 Thank SerenityinPA
Yonkers, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“2013 CONCERTS AND SHOWS!!!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went on Saturday for the Imagination Movers concert. I noticed there are a LOT of activities coming up this summer so I had to post!

We bought the twilight tickets and it worked out but its not enough time if you go see any of the shows. I would recommend this for families with toddlers who are not able to go on most of the rides as other reviewers mentioned. It saves a bundle!
Also in terms of savings - if you plan on visiting Busch Gardens or Sea World, consider purchasing the season pass. You can visit all the parks for one price. Purchased seperately each ticket (though 2 day) will cost about $70 per adult. The season pass is about $200. Sesame offers special events to season passholders as well. If you can make it out there once during the summer and then for Halloween and Christmas (and especially if you get to Sea World and or Busch Gardens you have made up for the cost!)

It was torrential rain when we arrived so we parked in preferred parking ($18) but so worth it not to have to navigate through the huge parking lot with a toddler and pre schooler that were dying to get in. Last visit we parked in the general parking and it was a little tough because the kids were so excited to go.

We went Mothers Day weekend - waterslides were all open and not too cold. Everyone was friendly- I would even say friendlier than last visit on 9/22/12. The park was clean and there werent any lines. My son got to go on the rollercoaster 5x, and the waterslides 4x in the time it would have taken us to go on the waterslide once. The lazy river was chilly but the others were ok. Be mindful that the big waterslide with the duck (Ernies streak?) requires at least 3 people to ride. We were lucky in that another family and then a single rider were interested in joining us.

Prices for the toys werent that bad. We bought magic wands. They were about $10.50 each and seem good quality.

Saw Imagination Movers at the Monster Theatre. The people checking us in were great. Stroller parking manageable even with a double and being early coming in. They let us in a bit early so we could get out of the rain. Imagination Movers were AMAZING. They seem to truly love entertaining the kids. How refreshing!

Parade was good. This time we stood near the entrance of the park. HIGHLY recommend that. You may not have a bench but its not that long to wait. After it was over we were able to get right out.

We'll be back for visit #3 soon! Next time we will see the show near the lazy river. Elmo Rocks was good but this looked much better and was a smaller theater. Sorry left my map at home!

3 Thank astchick
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good times”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My disclaimer: our visit to Sesame place was on a weekday in early May ... while most schools were still in session. Our experience may be different if you visit during a summer weekend.

My wife and I took our 2 year old to Sesame Place on the recommendation of a relative. We arrived early on a Friday so the park was not busy at all. We breezed through security (they do do a bag check) and had little to no wait on any of the rides. Our 2 year old was a bit too young to enjoy most of the rides, but she did do some of them. She also enjoyed 3 shows put on by Sesame Street characters. The weather was in the high 60's so the water activities were not running. I can imagine if we visited on a warm summer weekend, this place has to be packed.

Pluses: all activities are included in the price of admission. They also allow you to bring in small coolers (no glass items) which can save you big $$ by packing your own lunch. There are tons of picnic areas to set up your own lunch.

We will visit again when our child is older and will appreciate it more . . I think 2 is too young unless you are visting with older siblings. And we will try to visit on a weekday again to avoid the crowds.

4 Thank gryhound
Briarcliff Manor, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Could be awesome, but only good to okay.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took our 2- and 4-year-old daughters here. The perfect ages, so we expected to be wowed. We were surprised that there was so little to actually do, and that it is really mostly a water park. There weren't that many rides that even my 4 year old could go on, and she is tall for her age. The shows were good -- not more than 30 min, which works for the little guys. Access to the characters though was really limited. If you didn't pay for the privilege, it wasn't easy to get a high-five or a quick hug -- really not very nice for little ones. I was also surprised that my 2 year old could go on very few rides. Dutch Wonderland does a MUCH MUCH better job catering to the toddler crowd, which is so odd. Isn't Sesame Street supposed to be all about them? They didn't even have low sinks and toilets in the bathrooms!! I was really shocked by that omission. The parade was wonderful, but given the price of the tickets, I can't recommend it. I love Sesame Street, so I am sad to write this review. They could've done SO much better with it.

10 Thank Elizabeth_T