“A Very Furry Christmas - Worth the Cold”
Review of Sesame Place

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW IN SPRING 2018 at Sesame Place® is our biggest, most exciting roller coaster ever – Oscar’s Wacky Taxi™! Everyone’s favorite grouch and his pal, Slimey, will take thrill seekers of all sizes on a crazy, curvy taxi cab ride on our one-of-a-kind wooden-steel hybrid coaster with an exhilarating first drop of 40 feet and plenty of airtime hill and exhilarating thrills – sure to delight even the grouchiest of riders! Bring the entire family to whirl on rides, splash down slides and hug everyone’s favorite furry friends. So before little kids become big kids, go before they grow® to Sesame Place! Sesame Place is located 30 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes south of New York City.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We took our 18 month old daughter, who loves Elmo, Sesame Place's A Very Furry Christmas the week after Christmas. Although she is quite young and it was very cold, we had a wonderful time. We took our time walking around, visiting characters, taking pictures and playing. Not many rides were open this time of year, but enough to be entertained. We only spent 2-3 hours there on both days. We did not eat while there, but choose to eat out at the many near by restaurants which seemed to have better quality food and better prices. The parade in the afternoon was a delight! Even my 1 year old loved it! The days we went it was very empty and we did not need to wait for anything and could get right up front to watch the parade. The tickets were super cheap ($40 for two adults for two days) and we stayed at the Sheraton hotel across the street which made the experience even better.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,506)
All reviews
in 96 reviews
"bring your own"
in 87 reviews

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have gone to Sesame Place twice in the last couple years. Besides the crazy admission price, the last time we were there, it was $17 to park.

The food is not that great and pricey but they do let you bring snacks and drinks to the park. I packed an insulated lunch bag with sandwiches and juice boxes/bottled water. You cannot roll a large cooler in there to picnic

If you live local or plan to make the most while in the area grab the 2 day Elmo pass because it's the same price as 1 day admission.

We did not use the water park side because my daughter would much rather ride the rides so I cannot comment on that.

Once you get past the sticker shock, you will find the kids love it. The shows are very cute. Our favorite time is Halloween. The kids love the rides. My daughter's favorite was the carousel and the flying Elmo.

If you can get your kids to sit long enough, try to line up along the route for the parade early because it will get packed.

Both times we visited, we did not think it was dirty but I have heard from other friends that they found it to be dirty so maybe it's hit or miss.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My kid loved this place when she was little. As its only 15 miles away we went often and usually with discount coupons from the web. Look for deals

1  Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Firstly, you need to get to Sesame Place when they open. Once you are there, understand this place is very popular with school groups from as far as NYC. It is crowded, it is a little dirty and it is expensive. My 4 year old LOVED it but I was not impressed. The "Bed Bounce" had visible mold all around the sides. This could have been remedied with a power washer but I saw it on both of our trips to the park. We wont be back but I can understand the draw for the young ones.

1  Thank Joe C