“Brings back Memories...”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Langhorne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: NEW in 2017! Every weekend is full of Springtacular fun at Sesame Place® as Elmo wonders about new and exciting things! Join Elmo and his friends as they learn about magic, trains, pirates, storybooks and superheroes! Each weekend, from May 6 through June 18, Elmo will use his imagination and transform the park into a new adventure. Sing along with Choo-Choo Soul during train weekend, catch a new show, Elmo & the Bookaneers during Pirate Weekend, enjoy special character meet & greets, dines and more!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Brings back Memories...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Now I'm rating this, but I haven't been here in years, because I'm 31 yrs old now. Such an Amazing place for kids. My 5 year old nephew loves it every time he visits. So much to do there, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank phillyburb

Ozone Park, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Family Fun at the Halloween Spooktacular”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just returned from a wekend trip to Sesame Place for the Halloween Spooktacular. All of the dry roads were open but all of the water roads were closed. This was fine with my children ages 3 and 7. The park was decorated beautifully for Halloween. It was fun to walk around and trick or treat with the kids in costume. The halloween shows and parade were excellent. They also had a hay ride out fun. It was very cute and had Bert and Ernie on the hay ride with us. My children enjoyed the rides with very little wait and they loved seeing the characters in costumes for Halloween. It made for some nice family photos. Honestly my husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how much we all enjoyed ourselves.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank bid421
North Brunswick
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great time for all! Sesame Place is an amazing attraction for both adults and children. It is an extremely clean and friendly atmosphere! Every time we go we all have a blast!

Visited May 2012
Bangor, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We Have been to Sesame Place multiple times. During the summer it is a great place to go and cool off. There are water slides for the more adventerous children and adults and water play areas for the not so adventerous. Our favorite is the lazy river. The shows are interactive and wonderful. My 6 year old son loved them as much as my 3 year old niece. a good time to ride the rides is during the parade since there is more than 1 parade a day (and they are the same) you don't miss out on anything.The staff is wonderful. A must do is a character dine the kids love it , the characters put on a show and sing and dance and interact at your table. We have been the for Halloween and Christmas seasons also which were great. Halloween was very crowded but decoracted great not to scary and lots of fun. christmas was amazing , decorations were beautiful we had such a great time make sure you bundle up and bring blankets to watch the parade . gloves, hats, scarves and thremals are a must..... we intend to go back to all 3 every year ..... loved it

Visited August 2012
1 Thank lrigi
PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not Worth the Price - No Character Sitings, Long Waits for Rides and Food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited in October, so maybe our experience would be different if we came in season when the water park was also open.

Summary:

The good: Small park, rides are close together so there is not a great deal of walking needed. Parents can ride with kids on virtually all rides.

The bad: Expensive for what you get. Food was very slow and poor. We didn't see a single character in 5 hours. Not enough space for stroller parking. Some of the 'open' attractions were mayhem with little employee supervision.

First, this is all relative. If the prices were lower, maybe my opinion would be different. However, when you're paying $60-80 for everyone including children 2+, I expect a great experience. That's not a low-budget entry and we received a very low-budget experience.

Ride lines were very short early in the day, but the waits became very long as lunch came and went. We were able to get on all rides in the first hour we were there. As the park got more crowded, it was clear there was not enough stroller parking space during busier times. Walkways got very cramped.

We also waited nearly 25 minutes at one of the eateries to receive our food. The food staff just seemed overwhelmed. Maybe they weren't expecting this kind of crowd on the off-season day? I'm not sure, but 25 minutes for a 2 year old is like an eternity.

We were there for 5 hours and didn't see a single character in the park which was extremely disappointing. I believe they had a 'photo booth' where they rotated characters, but I assumed there was a photo fee or some other catch. This very well may be my misunderstanding, but I would have expecting some characters roaming the park.

They had a few 'open attractions' such as large slides, a playground-style area, and a couple others which are less structured. While some of these had employees, the kids seemed to run the place. While waiting for the large slides, some children went down the slide 3 times before we were able to go once because they kept cutting in line while the Sesame Place employee sat and watched.

Maybe we'll give this another chance in the summer, but I think Dorney Park is a much better option for the price. Full disclosure: We're much closer to Dorney, but if the parks were the same distance, Dorney would definitely be the better choice.

Visited October 2012