“Awesome hotel close to Sesame Place”

Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Northbridge
“Awesome hotel close to Sesame Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2007

We chose this hotel as we noticed it was close to Sesame Place & had a free shuttle. The price of $229.00 per night for a junior suite is more than I would normally pay for a hotel stay but I knew it was tourist season and I was paying for the convenience and location. With this said, the money spent was worth every penny. Many reviews I have read stated that this is a businessman's hotel. This is true but I found it just as enjoyable for a family vacation. I felt like we were the only ones staying there. We went to the pool twice & had the pool to ourselves both times. The breakfast buffet was so yummy. It was $8.95 per person and kids under 3 are free. The food was great. They have a waffle maker so you can make fresh waffles. Great bacon, eggs, sasuage. etc. We had breakfast at 8:00 and our family was one of 3 parties there for breakfast. I would have to say the best part of this stay was the free shuttle to sesame place. I believe parking at sesame is $14.00 or more per day so the a free ride was great. When I checked in the desk clerk told me the shuttle runs every half hour. The shuttle arrived well before the park opened and when we got on the driver gave us a card with his phone # on it to call for a ride if we needed to be picked up before the next scheduled pick-up. When you have a cranky 2-year-old it was so nice not to have to wait for a late shuttle bus. The drivers would make special trips to and from the park whenever they were paged. This was a priceless convenience. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean & quiet. We will definily stay here again.

• Liked — Free Shuttle to sesame Place/ Location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping came later in the day
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank gotvacation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

I also stayed at the courtyard from august 1 to august 2. I did not see any broken glass or cars on milk crates.The man their with the grey hair when you first came in was extremely helpful. He told us whenever we wanted to go over to Sesame Place he would get the van for us and when we wanted to return to the hotel just call him and he'd be there. He also gave us menus and advice on where to order from. The rooms were nice. The price was excellent. The only problem I had was not smoking. I wish they would have had a place to go and smoke but I knew when I booked that this was a non-smoking hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2007
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

This is a relatively new and clean Courtyard located near Sesame Place. I stayed there August 1 and 2 and there were breakins and thefts in the parking lot on both nights. I noticed broken glass in the parking lot the first morning. But on the second morning, two cars had their tires and wheels completely stripped. Both cars were sitting on milk crates. Both cars had been parked behind the building. I would check with management regarding parking lot security before I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2007
Daly City, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2006

this was my first stay at any Courtyard Marriott and I'm hooked on their brand! great prompt service when checking in, very clean and spacious rooms. biggest plus was the free wi-fi access and convenient parking lot. also very close to a nice shopping mall and some good restaurants. like other Courtyard Marriotts, the room is very consistent with all their other properties, which is great because i expect nothing less from this brand. i highly recommend it for anyone traveling to the Philly/Trenton NJ area. ooh, the price of $89 topped it off!

• Liked — clean, spacious and updated.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — call the property directly for updated info on renovations, nearby activities.
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

This hotel was very conveniently located for our trip to Sesame Place. The staff was very nice and the rooms were a nice size, clean & well appointed. There were lots of families staying here and the hotel seemed very equipped for that. They do offer a shuttle to the park - however we chose to drove as we wanted to drive home directly from the park that night.

• Liked — location & room quality
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
York, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

My husband, two children (ages 1 and 3) and I stayed one night at this Courtyard. We had a good stay. We had a junior suite and it was spacious enough for one night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our boys enjoyed the indoor pool. They offer a breakfast buffet at a resonable price that was good and had many choices. The hotel has a shuttle to Sesame Place. The drivers were very friendly and knowledgeable. Never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the shuttle. If we go back to Seame Place, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank lisa018
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!