“great little hotel for families ad travelers--much improved with renovations”

Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel has very friendly and helpful staff. They have a starbucks with morning and afternoon/later sandwiches. It is very well located for our business needs and not far from New Hope ,Peddlers Village and Lambertville at a fraction of their hotel prices. the only drawback was the not too comfortable too firm beds. The outside garden and the common sitting area get a very good rating. We did not see the construction worker contractors staying there from years past. It is also near good restaurants. Tratoria Rosa Bianca in Yardley, An ice crem shop near the Kohl's and a neighborhood restaurant called Carluccis, Skip Chrisitne's(it's slipping badly). Lots of families were there , and groups of various kinds ,business and sport teams.

Room Tip: Everything sterling but the hard matresses. They also have a pool; and whirlpool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Edward S,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our location and were able to get to know the neighborhood. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last week, hotel was selected by my agent because it was close to his office. The hotel itself is as all courtyard hotels, in the room you can't tell the difference between them. On the one hand dull, on the other hand, very comfortable. Good bed, free wifi, standard bathroom. As for the bathroom, I prefer a shower only instead of a bath. Not a real restaurant on site, but you can get some small dishes. i only took the Morning breakfast with the standard cold choices and few fresh cooked dishes which were fresh and of good taste. For dining you have to go for about a mile to find some restaurants. Wifi was of good speed, there is a small pool and fitness centre but those I did not use. Only downside I really can mention is the quality of the aircon units, these are really really loud, i turned mine of for the night but the neighbours didn't needed earplugs to get a good night of sleep. Would I go back? For sure if I would know to get a quite room!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear ICI01,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The Courtyard by Marriott is designed with business travelers in mind and we strive to help our guests enjoy all that the local area has to offer whether traveling for business or pleasure.
I apologize for the noisy AC in your room. Our normal units should allow a very comfortable night and I wish that we could have addressed while you were here.
I hope that you will contact us for your next trip to the area and I will make sure that you have a quiet night's rest. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly @ lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, and both times the stay was problem-free, and pleasant. There are a few other hotel choices in the area - Red Roof Inn (the cheapest, but the savings doesn't make up for the shabby conditions), plus a Residence Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Sheraton. I've stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express (when it was called the Macintosh Inn), and Sheraton, and both are fine hotels, but on this trip both were more expensive than the Courtyard.

The Courtyard's lobby is spacious, well decorated, and modern. Check-in was fast, friendly, and smooth. The room was large, although except for one chair there is no seating area. The sink area is separate from the toilet/shower. The room was spotless. There is an indoor pool, which I didn't use. The breakfast isn't free, but it is fairly priced, and the eggs were excellent - much better than the nearby Blue Fountain Diner. All things being equal - meaning the prices - I'll stay here again next year on my annual visit to the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear pgrabar,
Thank you for posting your great experience at our hotel. We definitely focus on providing an exceptionally clean room so thrilled to hear you mention the spotless room. We realize there are choices for travelers and our staff really strives to provide the best exeprience in the area.
We hope to see you next time you are in Langhorne.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is beautifully appointed, decorated. Great place to stay, elegant, great amount of space. Stayed for four days with two teen-agers, great location! Spacious and comfortable! This is located close to shopping malls, attractions, movies and restaurants!

Room Tip: We were lucky to have an upgraded suite, it had a complete kitchen, fully equiped, beautiful bathroo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear newfun,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The General Manager (Joe) and Front Desk associate (Will) were very professional, courteous and knowledgeable about the area. I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel was very clean and my overall experience was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and review! I am so pleased to hear that Joe and Wil took good care of you. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when traveling to the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

One night visit on business and found this facility to be perfect for my needs. Clean, spacious rooms, easy access to the highway and many retail areas and restaurants, friendly service... Enjoyed my brief stay.
If I need to return, I'll likely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear JenkinMA,
Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. We are fortunate with a great location and will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel itself was OK. HVAC unit was somewhat loud and the TV was smaller than I've had at other Courtyards.

The bistro, on the other hand, needs improvement. It feels like it was added to the hotel, but without training the staff or equipping the restaurant. Service was very slow. Staff seemed like they didn't know how to use the coffee equipment.

I ordered breakfast to bring back up to my room -- tea, oatmeal and a scone (in case the oatmeal wasn't good). The oatmeal was placed in a container that had no lid and was covered with saran wrap. Eww. No explanation as to why it was like this. They asked if I wanted milk in my oatmeal, I said yes, and received a 1/2 pint container of milk. Odd -- I figured they'd put a splash of milk in it. The kicker was that my breakfast was placed in a laundry bag for me to carry up to my room. Again, eww. It just felt like the staff was unprepared and ill equipped.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear lilac11wine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit. Please accept my apologies for the challenges that you encountered in the Bistro with having your food packaged "to go". Our Bistro should always be equipped with proper packaging for handling to go orders and it appears that we definitely have an opportunity for training with some new staff members on how to handle these orders.
We thank you for your feedback and hope that you will gice us another chance when in the area again. Please reach out to me directly and we will be happy to make sure your breakfast is perfect next time.
Lori Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!