“My car was broken into, in their parking lot!”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
New York
“My car was broken into, in their parking lot!”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I stayed here with my family to visit sesame place forth of July weekend. The rooms were clean and it is very close to sesame place but the staff was horrible .... no idea of the concept of hospitality at all. They didn't even bother to welcome us just gave us of room. Next morning we went down to their complimentary breakfast, yeah that was a joke the attendant was so nasty. Ten minutes before closing she screams out breakfast is closed and started shuting down the juice machine while guest where still using it.
the cherry topping is when I am woken up in the middle of the night by the police to tell me that my car was broken into in the hotel parking lot! I parked about 500ft from the entrance and no one heard ar saw anything. My window was smashed and they stole my GPS but again no one heard anything? Huh little suspicious. oh end they dont have security or even cameras. DON'T STAY HERE. your safety is not worth saving a couple of bucks!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank angelfrmabove24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Queens, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Stayed here one night while doing a 2-day trip to Sesame Place. Tried this hotel because it was far less than the Courtyard or Sheraton. There were problems from the moment we got there. We pulled up around 11am . I assumed our room wouldn't be ready yet and it wasn't - no big deal. My wife took our kids (3 & 6) to the bathroom by the lobby. When she came out, she complained there was no soap and no hand towels.

We took the shuttle to Sesame Place, and were hoping to come back to the hotel, check-in, and change before going back to the park for the last hour or so and the fireowrks they having that night. After waiting more than a half-hour for the shuttle (there were already other people there waiting when we got there too - who had called the hotel to have the shuttle come) we decided to go back in the park because we may not have made it back in time now if we continued waiting. The hotel is literally a few blocks away from Sesame, BTW (so what was taking so long???!!!)

We got back to the hotel after the park closed, and checked in. We were sent to a room that was already occupied. Went back to te desk and were given another room. The room we ended up with was very nice and spacious. The only positive.

On to breakfast the next morning. Oh boy...where to begin. First the room was packed as can be with families spilling out into the lobby. Luckily, we spotted someone leaving and were able to snag a table. We went up to where the food was, and well...there was almost nothing left. I asked one othe attendants if they had any fresh fruit and got a nastry, terse, "NO". Then, about 10 minutes before the time when breakfast was supposed to end, they attendants announced (again, in a very nasty tone) that breakfast was over and they proceeded to take everything away. They were pulling trays away even as people were reaching for the stuff on the tray. They shut the juice machine off, so my thirsty kids couldn't even get a drink. I ended up up having to go pick up breakfast and bring it back to the room.

So on we went again to Sesame Place (via the shuttle van) after checking out. And when we got back, my wife used the bathroom again before heading home and still no soap and hand towels! A fitting end to the experience at this hotel.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — terrible serve at desk and breakfast bar
1 Thank mcd2745

Travelers are raving about these Langhorne hotels

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We stayed here for a wedding and to visit Sesame Place in June, 2008.

The hotel was very crowded, as it was a busy weekend and beautiful (hot!) weather. Our room was adequate, and the beds were comfortable. I do think the rooms could use a fresh coat of paint and some elbow grease on the walls and floor.

The elevator was probably the slowest one I've seen in recent memory. It was quicker to walk to the fourth floor with our preschooler and kindergartener than it was to wait for the elevator.

The breakfast bar seems to bring out the worst in people. We witnessed other guests shoving, cutting in line, and nearly knockng over my young child because he was standing in front of the cereal...amazing. I felt bad for the breakfast bar employees.

I do not think the common areas of this hotel were overly clean. The breakfast area did not seem to be well maintained as far as cleaning floors and surfaces. The hallways were a bit dingy. I think the entire hotel could use a good scrub and a fresh coat of paint. I can not comment on the pool area, as we never used it.

The desk staff as friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank tjoniak
Long Island, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My family stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Sesame Place with our 2 year old. I have to say we were not happy with this hotel and would not stay here again. I realize that this is not a full service hotel being labeled "Express", but for the price I paid, I definitely expected more. I especially did not like my breakfast dining experience. The room was always full and dirty and we had to wait for seats. They were always running out of items, and for the 2 days we stayed they did not have any butter. The dining room staff were rude when I asked for anything and even before the breakfast time had ended, they started taking the food away. Suffice to say we will be staying at a different hotel next time.

CT
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed here three days for Sesame Place. Shuttle service was a major plus! The room was spacious and clean. Friendly service from the staff. Will stay here again when visiting Sesame Place next year.

• Liked — Close to Sesame Place
  • Disliked — N/A
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We reserved a room at this hotel while visiting Sesame Place with our 2 year old son. The hotel was ok..no real complaints. Our room was pretty clean, but the hotel needs to do some touching up of their facility in my opinion...lots of "bumps and bruises". It worked though for what we needed it for. The pool is sort of tiny. The breakfast was enjoyable. The best part was the free shuttle to Sesame Place. The driver was fantastic...K'Mar, I believe was his name...very accomodating.

• Liked — The free shuttle to Sesame Place!
  • Disliked — The hotel is a little banged up in spots! Not very pleasing to the eye sometimes.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
fishkill, ny
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed there for the weekend to go to Sesame Place. The room was very clean. The service was great. The shuttle to the park was fantastic. Very reliable.

The breakfast Sunday morning was great. Filled us up all day. It was great that the shuttle drops you off at the gate. Call about 15 minutes before you want to be picked up and they are there.

• Liked — The shuttle and Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!