“Close to Sesame Place”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Relatively inexpensive, but I wouldn't stay again. The hotel was packed with families of small children. Had I realized that it was next to Sesame Place I would have chosen something else. Elevators are insufficient size & number for the amount of rooms. Musty smell. Almost, but not quite clean enough to put me at ease... No laundry in hotel. Huge Breakfast selection, but also very busy & crowded.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor & use the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear; persimmonkilgore,
I thank you for your review and your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you had to encounter. As a business professional I can understand where you are coming from. The summer months are extremely busy time for all the hotels in the Langhorne area. People come from near and far to go to Sesame Place, but things fall back to normal after Labor Day. I am happy to hear that you liked our breakfast options. If your ever in the area please reach out to me. Once again I apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved this hotel. The proximity to Sesame Place was perfect. Room was perfectly clean. When first get into any hotel room we inspect and this place passed with flying colors. The shuttle going there was great. The driver was an older gentleman who was very patient with our family and we appreciated it. Coming back we had to wait over half an hour for the shuttle. I called the hotel twice and they said it was on the way. The driver going back was also very polite. The room was very comfortable. We slept 9 hours! The breakfast we felt was just OK. We will recommend to our family and friends.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sushiguy79
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

I am glad you and your family enjoyed there stay at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne Pa. I do apologize for the wait on the shuttle. At times we can get pretty busy and the traffic doesn't help the situation. I hope you would come and visit us next time your in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked two rooms for our family and another family to visit Sesame Place. The other family arrived and got a room on the 4th floor and said that the elevator was out of service. We checked into the hotel and was assured that the elevator (Dover) was going to be fixed in short order. 5,000 point bonus was added to the Rewards Club for the inconvenience after saying that a pregnant woman walking up 4 flights (especially in the heat) is not right! They did not move us to a lower floor as they wanted us to be close to the other family. Parking was easy and was plentiful except for the people who like to park next to me when I park far away to avoid damage to my vehicle.
The King room was nice, had a unclean odor as you entered the room, but was dissipated once the AC was turned on for circulation of air. The room has archways verse the typical boxy entrance way and area above the bed. The shower was fine,the pressure and temperature was okay, nothing bad or great. The AC worked!! A built in microwave and mini fridge was a plus in the room.
We did not go to the fitness room or the pool as we had plenty of exercise and water activities at the park.
The business center is good, but only one computer with no real privacy if that is what one is looking for.
The breakfast was plentiful and better than what we have experienced in other Holiday Inn Expresses as the had multiple trays of eggs, bacon, sausage etc. Staff was always busy cleaning and refilling, but seemed overwhelmed when you observed them.
The shuttle to Sesame Place was easy and saved lots of money, time and frustrations. The shuttle services 3 hotels as they are all franchised by one entity. We only had one driver that was not customer friendly with me, but tried to win over another party in the van with area knowledge. He also had the dollar bills stacked in the cup holder and was the only one who demonstrated this trait.
There is a train that is in the area, but we only heard it once...if you play hard, you will sleep hard :)
We only noticed a stink bug in the drapes and a Cheerio under the bed. We received house keeping each day we wanted it and received a note on day one thanking us for a tip.
Check out was not an issue as a bill was under the door on the day of check out.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

JoeS755,
I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to encounter. As a General Manager I strive my very best to make sure every guest is satisfied with our hotel. From comfort, value and service I try to impress guest like yourself. Plus get as much feedback as possible to make each stay even better. I would like for you to get in contact with me to address some of your concerns. Please feel free to email am at your leisure at jose.delgado@interstatehotels.com

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Its located on the edge of the highway and a railway line, nothing to be afraid of, it will not matter once you are in your room. Small but clean hotel. Hassle free check-in and check-out. Small but neat and clean rooms. Good for stop-over.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

I thank you for your review and the positive feedback. I am glad that you had a hassle free check in process. Here at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne. Pa. We strive to deliver the BEST possible service that our guest come to expect from Holiday Inn Worldwide. We look forward to your visit in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend to go to Sesame Place. It is right down the street and the free van is great. It runs every 30 mins to an hour. We never had to wait more then 10 mins for the van. The rooms are clean, they can use a remodel. Very outdated. The breakfast was ok. I would recommend this hotel if you are going to Sesame Place.

Crasie,
I would like to say thank you so much for writing a review about my Holiday Inn Express Langhorne. It is guest like your self that makes it a pleasure and our passion to deliver excellent service. One of which Holiday Inn are well known for. We look forward to your visit next time your in the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here while visiting family, and will stay again . It is clean and neat, I can't complain about any thing. From parking to check out it is totally problem free. Pleasant staff, clean bathroom, plenty of hot water...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

CJA116,
I would like to thank you for your feedback. At Holiday Inn Express Langhorne Pa. My staff and I try to exceed our guests expectations. From check in to our housekeepers, breakfast staff to check out. We are committed to delivering great service that our guest come to expect from our Brands.

I thank you and we look forward in having visit us when ever your in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Did someone say dirty? This Holiday Inn Express might as well have been a Motel 6. I honestly do not believe there is a cleaning staff employed by this hotel. My wife and I came back from a long and lovely Saturday out and exploring at about 5PM Sat/May 31. We had left the room before 10AM. When we came back, THE ROOM HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED.

I'm sorry, but this is just unacceptable for any hotel, let alone one which is part of the "Holiday Inn family."

And, to add insult the injury, there was nobody there to clean it at 5PM. They offered to move us, but who wants to move once you are all unpacked and settled in? That was not a viable solution.

Yes, they brought new towels, and removed the old ones, and they brought us more hot cups for coffee, and more ground coffee. They also gave us some compensation by reducing out bill. However, this does not make up for this outrage.

I think I read where one business man wanted more fruit on the free breakfast and more than a single elevator. I WANT A CLEAN ROOM. I WANT A MADE BED, SO MY WIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO MAKE IT WHEN SHE IS ON HOLIDAY.

I'm a lawyer in Manhattan, and this was a birthday get-away for my wife, as well as a time to visit with some old friends in the area. Thanks, HIE-- my wife made the bed in our hotel room for her birthday weekend.

I am not a fan of negativity, at all. Indeed, if you review my reviews, you will see that I do NOT submit negative comments, as I generally can find the positive in almost any place I stay.

The good news? I had an extremely pleasant exchange with the gentleman who checked me in...upon greeting me, he was very polite and very knowledgeable about the area. HE IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM HOLIDAY INN. On our first night, he actually called to ask how our stay was going. He is the one who brought us fresh towels, and apologized profusely about the fact that the room was not cleaned. His name is Jeff, and he is an ASSET to this hotel. Jeff apparently has been schooled in the fine art of HOSPITALITY. Simply stated: JEFF WAS GREAT.

It's amazing. When we checked out this morning, we saw a man cleaning up the pool area. However, the pool area (VERY SMALL) was not dirty. And, how long does it take to fish out a couple of leaves? If that man spent the time he spent with the pool cleaning whichever of the 88 rooms needed it, I probably would not be writing this review.

I'm sorry but I can't give a hotel that makes a blunder like this more than a single star.

Next time I'll reserve earlier and make sure I get into the Sheraton Bucks County- this would NEVER, EVER happen there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnskylar
Jose D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Mr. skylar,
I thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write your review. As a new General Manager to this hotel I can assure you that this has been looked into. I value each of my guest and encourage them to give us their feedback. My team and I strive to exceed our guest expectations and look on ways to better service our guests.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience you had experienced. I am proud to announce that due to our guest feedback and surveys our scores have increased. This is all possible due to guest just like your self. I would like to inform you that we will be going through a complete renovation come 2015.

Once again I apologize for your experience, if your going to be in the area in the near future please reach out to me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!