“Dpn't buy the package deal”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Sesame Place package is not worth the money. The supposedly hot breakfast and free shuttle are available to ALL guests, so you are not paying for anything special. The tickets were still full price so I would have gotten a better deal with a coupon buying them myself.

The hotel is decent and clean, but just buy the standard room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Liz P,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a three night stay booked as a Sesame Place package. The hotel general areas and our room was spotless! I chose this hotel because of the included breakfast and free shuttle to Sesame Place. The breakfast had many options to choose from and the shuttle operated continuously and the drivers were very nice and got the kids excited to be going to Sesame Place. Excellent stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My 2 kids and husband, stayed here for 3 nights July 7-10. We wanted to be close to Sesame Place and we were using our points thru time share. I read some of the other reviews and was going to go somewhere else. I'm glad we didn't, we enjoyed our stay here. To the negative reviews, this is a Holiday Inn Express, not a 5 star luxury hotel, though the staff here makes you feel like you're at a luxury hotel. The room was fine, very clean, housekeeping was great. My kids loved the free breakfast buffet in the morning, they felt very grown-up helping themselves to whatever they wanted, the staff there was on top of everything (even the mishaps with the pancake machine :)) The free shuttle service to Sesame Place was fantastic, you call downstairs for pick-up and they're at the front lobby in an instant. We never had to wait long and coming back to hotel, you call and they pretty much appear instantly. This was the best shuttle service by far we've experienced. The drivers were very helpful with questions we had about the area. Front desk was great, we had an enjoyable experience, I would definitely go back again. We felt like we were the only ones at the hotel, it may be that we chose weekdays. I would recommend going to Sesame Place on Monday-Wednesday, no lines, no crowds. From hotel to park, an all around pleasant experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall, the hotel was fine. It needed a few renovations and there was some strange smell in the hallways and rooms, but if you are planning to do sesame place and just need a night to crash, then this is fine. The bathrooms could have been cleaner.

The staff was very friendly, and the shuttle service was amazing. We have two small kids, so having a fridge and microwave was nice since both are picky eaters.

The breakfast was good, no complaints there.

It was good for a one night stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear mxk157,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very pleased to know that you liked our staff and the service they have provided. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the smell in the rooms and hallways. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a platinum member and stay only in IC Hotels.
I would rank this one as clean, but run down a bit.
The staff was friendly, the standard breakfast and standard rooms.
Bed wasnt that comfortable and the pillows were not good at all.

I couldnt watch any of the regular television stations ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. Those channels wouldnt come in on the TV. Many other channels were bad connection.

A pet peeve of mine is something to do with the housekeeping. This happens from time to time and I can not for the life of me figure out why they do this but this has happened at least 10 times in the last year. Most times, I catch it, many times I dont. When you go to take a shower, make sure the shower head isnt pointed out toward the bathroom. When you turn it on it soaks you and the floor in the bathroom. Very irritating. I wonder how they would like it if we turned on the water and soaked the floor for them upon departure? They clearly dont care about the customer.

lastly, I usually rate each hotel with the following... Luxury, Professional (White Collar), Clean (Blue Collar) and Rundown. I would rate this hotel as Clean (Blue Collar)

It could use some upgrading and upkeep. Otherwise a good value.

If it werent for the extra bonus points, probably wouldnt stay here again.

Oh and this is one way you can really tell if it is a good hotel or not. By the people who stay there. What does it say to a guest when you see a flyer in the room threatening charges to your credit card for missing items? I attached a picture of it.

I have one more night to stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear jim2968,

Thank you for your feedback and for being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member. We value your patronage to our brand and hotel. I am pleased that you liked our comfortable and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the bathroom facility and service received. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Easy access yet quiet / no traffic noise to speak of. Lots of shops, restaurants, etc close. Clean and quiet with no issues. Typical Hi Ex which I am fond of when traveling... not too much nor too little. Sesame Place is next door, mall just around the corner, Philly just down the road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I'm a priority club elite member and travel frequently. The staff is very nice but the facility needs MAJOR updating. It's more on the lines of a Redroof Inn with inside front doors. Again staff is very nice but you can clearly see ownership is neglecting this property on the inside.

• Stayed: October 2012
Leigh S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Powerpackperk,

Thank you for your rewiew for the Holiday In Express. The Staff at the Holiday Inn takes great pride in the work that they do and I am glad you were able to experience that.

I am sorry that the hotel did not live up to your expectations in regards to the building. We are always working towards improving our hotel and I hope you are able to see the changes on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit. Please accept my apologies for the challenges that you encountered during your visit.
We thank you for your feedback and hope that you will gice us another chance when in the area again.

All my best,
Leigh Schiano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!