“Good for a night at Sesame place”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
PA
“Good for a night at Sesame place”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall, the hotel was fine. It needed a few renovations and there was some strange smell in the hallways and rooms, but if you are planning to do sesame place and just need a night to crash, then this is fine. The bathrooms could have been cleaner.

The staff was very friendly, and the shuttle service was amazing. We have two small kids, so having a fridge and microwave was nice since both are picky eaters.

The breakfast was good, no complaints there.

It was good for a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear mxk157,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very pleased to know that you liked our staff and the service they have provided. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the smell in the rooms and hallways. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a platinum member and stay only in IC Hotels.
I would rank this one as clean, but run down a bit.
The staff was friendly, the standard breakfast and standard rooms.
Bed wasnt that comfortable and the pillows were not good at all.

I couldnt watch any of the regular television stations ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. Those channels wouldnt come in on the TV. Many other channels were bad connection.

A pet peeve of mine is something to do with the housekeeping. This happens from time to time and I can not for the life of me figure out why they do this but this has happened at least 10 times in the last year. Most times, I catch it, many times I dont. When you go to take a shower, make sure the shower head isnt pointed out toward the bathroom. When you turn it on it soaks you and the floor in the bathroom. Very irritating. I wonder how they would like it if we turned on the water and soaked the floor for them upon departure? They clearly dont care about the customer.

lastly, I usually rate each hotel with the following... Luxury, Professional (White Collar), Clean (Blue Collar) and Rundown. I would rate this hotel as Clean (Blue Collar)

It could use some upgrading and upkeep. Otherwise a good value.

If it werent for the extra bonus points, probably wouldnt stay here again.

Oh and this is one way you can really tell if it is a good hotel or not. By the people who stay there. What does it say to a guest when you see a flyer in the room threatening charges to your credit card for missing items? I attached a picture of it.

I have one more night to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear jim2968,

Thank you for your feedback and for being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member. We value your patronage to our brand and hotel. I am pleased that you liked our comfortable and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the bathroom facility and service received. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Central Arkansas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Easy access yet quiet / no traffic noise to speak of. Lots of shops, restaurants, etc close. Clean and quiet with no issues. Typical Hi Ex which I am fond of when traveling... not too much nor too little. Sesame Place is next door, mall just around the corner, Philly just down the road.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I'm a priority club elite member and travel frequently. The staff is very nice but the facility needs MAJOR updating. It's more on the lines of a Redroof Inn with inside front doors. Again staff is very nice but you can clearly see ownership is neglecting this property on the inside.

• Stayed October 2012
Leigh S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Powerpackperk,

Thank you for your rewiew for the Holiday In Express. The Staff at the Holiday Inn takes great pride in the work that they do and I am glad you were able to experience that.

I am sorry that the hotel did not live up to your expectations in regards to the building. We are always working towards improving our hotel and I hope you are able to see the changes on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit. Please accept my apologies for the challenges that you encountered during your visit.
We thank you for your feedback and hope that you will gice us another chance when in the area again.

All my best,
Leigh Schiano

Travelers are raving about these Langhorne hotels

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, helpful staff. Hotel is clean but needs to be updated and some refurbishing done really badly. The beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable. Would not stay at this hotel again because it is far too expensive and isn't worth the price.

Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Shery B,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. I am glad you mentioned our friendly hotel staff and our clean hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced due to the uncomfortable bed and condition of the hotel. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed two nights in October for weekend at Sesame Place. So nice to be located right around the corner from the park and plenty of dining and shopping spots also nearby for great convenience. I expected the hotel to be clean, updated, and staff corteous - all were. Fav parts about the hotel were the fact that there was a tall dorm-style fridge and microwave in the room (didn't expect that and came in very handy for us). Also that the breakfast was robust for a complimentary meal - hot eggs and sausage, make your own pancakes, to-die-for-cinnabons. Also loved that there were fresh apples always plentiful in the lobby (my girls loved that) and hershey kisses by the business desk (girls loved that too). After we got home I realized we left some clothing items in the drawer. Front desk grabbed them for me and packaged them up to mail to my home (on my dime, but I guess I deserve that). Felt very good about selecting this hotel and would recommend. (Oh, and the only downsides I can think of were that the elevator was slow as I had read in reviews but since we were there in October and not peak season it didn't bother us. And the walls seemed to be on the thinner side as we had a rather loud family next to us one night and we could hear them while we were trying to fall asleep. And lastly, the room smelled a little musty upon entry but we ran the air and opened the window and it was fine or we just got used to it. Wasn't a biggie.).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albertson, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed with my husband, and 2 daughters (4 & 16 months). We were barely here more than 12 hours since we were just staying the night for Sesame Place. Its location could not have been better. Literally 2 minutes from Sesame Place. It was mostly clean and well appointed but our friends that were staying in the next room had tiny little ants on the floor. My daughter was crawling all over the floor and her knees were black from the carpet. I understand they don't shampoo the carpets often but every once in a while might help. It was kinda gross. We did not utilize the free breakfast but I peeked in and it looked pretty decent. The bathroom was good. Plenty of towels, toiletries, and a sink outside the room which was perfect for us. Fridge and microwave were useful also--especially with a baby that still drinks milk. Speaking of milk, we asked the front desk where we could get milk and he gave us an entire half gallon to share between us and our friends--we stayed at a hotel in Ocean City and they sent my husband 3 blocks to 7-11. I was pleased with this hotel for a short Sesame stay and would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank abbs89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne? Share your experiences!