“Good food, pricey for pasta”
Review of Piccolo Trattoria - CLOSED

Piccolo Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 1
Transit: Septa
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We placed a to go order for 12 people from Piccolo Trattoria. They did a good job having the food ready when promised. My one complaint is they forgot to give us the pizza that was ordered and let us walk out of the restaurant without it, meaning one of us had to go all the way back for the pizza.
I ordered the Fusulli Faraj - which is fusilli pasta with a mixture of porchini, shitake, oyster, and portobellow mushrooms in a mascarpone cream sauce with truffle oil and reggiano parmesan cheese. It was very good and quite rich. The to go serving was large - which was good because it was pricey for a pasta dish. I ordered the side salad with my meal, a great starter. My husband ordered Rigatoni with meatballs and had Pasta E Fagioli as his starter. I did taste his food and it was very good.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The restaurant was not so great. My husband and I went here to have a nice time out for the day and we were really disappointed. The fried calamari was okay, nothing memorable, so was the Cesar salad and bread. But our entrees were really bad because I ordered the Shrimp Portofino and only got two pieces of shrimp and two pieces of scallops. For $22, I expect a lot more than that. My husband got the Chicken Cacciatore and he barely ate it and didn't want to take it home. It just wasn't made right. My husband is Italian and he knows good Italian food when he eats it. The service and atmosphere wasn't horrible, but the whole experience was a waste of time and money.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband had told me about Piccolo's Restaurant in Langhorne -- he's been there several times for lunch with colleagues. Since he raved about it I decided to take him there for his birthday, along with 2 other couples.

After we were seated, our waitress, Jessica, took our orders, opened our wine and the party started. I told the waitress privately that it was my husband's birthday and asked if she could put a candle in the dessert we ordered. She assured me that it would be no problem.
Throughout dinner the staff was very attentive; the manager stopped by to say hello to my husband, and kidded me about being with an older gentleman!

The food was delicious. My veal chop with mushroom sauce was the real deal. The rest of the party ordered mussels and some chicken dishes -- everything looked and tasted great! Dessert was fabulous -- when it came out the manager, our waitress and other staff all came over to sing "Happy Birthday" to my husband. Every one around the table clapped as well. A great night and my husband had a ball........and alot of vino. We all left with a great evening and each of us had a "Doggie" bag for the next day.

My only criticism was it was a little cold by the door.

I paid for dinner, left our waitress a nice tip at which point our friend insisted on leaving an additional $ 5.00. as a thank you.

We will definitely be coming back to Piccolo Trattoria.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had heard great things about the Piccolo Trattoria so we went one evening after the both of us had longs day of work. Although the service was the local high or college kids they were very good. Again this is your local around town Italian eatery which you always sorta feel warm and comfortable going to on day you don't feel like cooking. I had the Cesar salad and my better half had the baked zitti. As I said the service was good but the food underwhelmed I was hoping for something better then what we can make it home. Would I go back I do think I would would go back since other have highly suggested them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

1  Thank cmpqse
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We has a very nice meal. Chicken Fico was very pleasant, not heavy. This a good spot for a nice meal out.

1  Thank twebst