“Worst experience I've had”

Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Maryland
“Worst experience I've had”
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Rm 217 AC conked out after 2 hrs and carpet had possible aniimal poop stain. Owner only gave $6 discount for no AC. We didn't sleep with the kid well because of the heat. Very dirty place. Pay the $12 more for a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank ordmd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
Reviewed October 16, 2005

On Oct 15th, my family and I stayed at the Travelodge. On entering the room there was a slight smell to the room. The bathroom could do with a little more cleaning especially the shower stall. The only decent thing is that each room comes with a fridge, microwave and coffee pot.

Also, at night, some of the guest seemed to prefer the parking lot to their rooms, they stayed out there all night and there was no security to tell them to go back to their rooms. If you can I would suggest you stayed some where else.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank ebrewster

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2005

Our stay at this motel was the most pleasant one. We came to lancaster for a family reunion and planned to stay at this location because it was about 30 miles from hershey and about 8 miles from all the Amish Farms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The best part of my stay was that we had 5 rooms and the front desk gave us rooms all right next to each other. The staff was extremely friendly and helped us with any needs or questions that we had. I would recommend this place to everyone. For the price that we paid, I think that our stay here was worth it.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2005

We stayed here for a family reunion and we had a great time. The pool was crystal clear and the service was excellent. I was here last year and I think they have done a wonderful job on renovating the room and bathroom since then. I am returning to lancaster in august and I plan on spending my stay here.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2005

We spent one night at this motel in March 2005. It was not very clean and not very well kept, but it was a pretty cheap place to stay. I didn't feel very safe - some people stayed up half the night talking in the parking lot. The staff was friendly enough, but we had to call them twice to get them to help us access the internet and bring extra pillows. The room had a nice big fridge, and it was easy to find the motel. The beds were tiny and the wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. I would try to find something better if I were visiting Lancaster again.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank adnaw
Quakertown, PA
Reviewed September 20, 2004

We went in July of 2004. Both my husband and I were pretty disgusted with this place, and will NEVER return. The price was pretty good, but, nothing else. I don't even know where half the ammenities were that I'd read about. We thought the hair dryer was broken, but it turned out to be the whole outlet. So, we had to plug that, as well as the coffee maker in the other room. And they do not have any decaf. coffee. Someone at the desk finally gave us a packet that they use in their big machines, as well as a filter, and we had to make our own concoction, in the room. I'd booked a smoking room, but the stench was so strong, we had to keep the window open night and day. It wasn't just really, very smelly; but dirty as well. They did have an outdoor pool, but everytime I checked, the gate was locked. I did see some swimmers, but I don't know how they got in. I asked about it at the desk, and he said they only open it sometimes.

4 Thank Jaris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Knights Inn Lancaster PA
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
#25 of 39 in Lancaster
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!