See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2015

This is one of most poorly maintained facilities we have ever stayed in. Filthy carpets, tub mat, tile floor etc. Everything is old and showing its age. In addition we returned one evening to find the cleaning staff had not fully closed our door. Fortunately nothing was missing.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank carlb187
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Lancaster Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Dear guest from Michigan,
We apologize on behalf of the housekeepers for not closing your door properly after cleaning the room and wished you had shared your concerns with us at the beginning of your stay. Once again, we are sorry that the three days you spent with us were less than satisfactory.

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

Was in town for a basketball tournament in Mayheim, Pennsylvania. We wanted to stay in the same hotel as the team in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, all the hotels within that radius were all sold out. After asking my assistant to help secure a room for us, she found Travelodge. What sold us was that the hotel was located not too far from the Tanger Outlets (about ten minutes away). Upon checking in, we pulled up to an area that was "busy". Granted, the pool was right in front of the hotel and kids looked as if they were having a ball. Checked in and the front office clerk gave me a key to a handicapped room. Kindly asked her to place us in another room which she did. I'm not sure if the hotel have tenants that live in the quarters but needless to say, I felt as if I were in a neighborhood with thugs. Folks sitting outside the porch with bottles in their hands drinking. One kid threw a rock towards me and luckily it didn't hit me. The parent apologized on his behalf. The bathroom door had a handwritten room number of the hotel on it. I was extremely disappointed especially since we had to drive 19 miles from the team to stay in this dump. I would not stay in this location nor would I support Travelodge Hotel again!!!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandra B
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Lancaster Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

Would you please verify the location of the hotel you stayed at as we do not have a pool in front of the builing and we have no records of your name in our system

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

BEWARE !!! Booked a 2 night stay online when we got there we checked in and went into our room as I always do I check the beds . I pulled up the blankets and sheets to check them and what I saw turned my stomach , bed bugs crawling and blood stains all over the mattress . I went straight to the office to tell them I wanted my money back that I was not staying in a bed bug infested room. The office manager told me they couldn't refund my money ( REALLY ) so of course I was very upset and told her she can't keep my money and she needed to refund me . She tells me she will refund half my money into my card intill she gets ahold of her boss to refund second part well that was not the case she ended up charging my card again another $95.85 instead of refunding it. Last total charged to my card almost 300.00 ! After telling her she charged my card again she said no I refunded it which she didn't refund it. Make a long story short I ended up call the corporate office to get something done about this . Please don't book this hotel you will be ripped off and once you get there you will take one look at the beds and run run run !! If this hotel don't refund my total amount on my card I wil take legal action against them .

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Sschwab30
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Lancaster Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

RESPONSE POSTED TO TRIPADVISOR
7.18.15
On Saturday July 18th, we asked Trip Advisor to get in touch with you regarding your review.
We are expecting a phone call from you or an email to verify the location of the hotel you stayed at. Our hotel is located 2 miles away from downtown Lancaster and 8 miles away from the outlets. We believe that you did not stay with us as we have absolutely NO record of the issue you are describing and believe me we document all the incidents with the guests with great care and accuracy. Furthermore, Customer Service did not forward any complaints on your behalf to us.
Our aim is to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, and I am sure you feel the same way. We will wait until Monday July 20th and if we do not hear from you by then, we will ask Trip Advisor to investigate this review and have it removed from our hotel website.

7/20/15
We have been waiting for the guest to call us back at 717 397 4201 or email us back regarding the issue named “Beware”. The lack of response from the guest who posted this review can only mean that either this issue was resolved with the hotel they stayed at and the guest did not bother removing it from our site; or this review was fabricated. We are asking Trip advisor to remove this review pending further investigation.

Reviewed July 8, 2015

Very accommodating staff. Older hotel so I did not expect luxury. No issues. Comfortable bed. Looked like quite a few out of town workers who sat outside their rooms and talked and smoked...could intimidate some people but I saw no issues.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I have visited this hotel in the past found it clean centrally located to downtown Lancaster and very helpful. I thought the last time the hotel itself needed some upgrading. Well I guess they have decided not to upgrade and thus have gone down hill. Our real complaint had to do with the carpeying in the room . When we arrived we noticed some stains on the rug like it had not been cleaned in a long time This certainly was the case The first night did not put on my slippers and when i got up in tghe morning I noticed the bottom of my feet were BLACK with dirt from the rug When we left for the day we mentioned it to the front desk. They asked how long we would be out . We answered at least 4 hours. They said they would see what they could do.. When we returned we could immediately tell nothing had been done. WE then decided to use the pool BIG MISTAKE The pool had many many bugs floating in the pool I do not think they turn on the filter . When we returned to the room with admitingly wet sandals the "dirt" from the rug came right up and turned the sandals black. WE both took showers with low pressure but got the dirt off For the rest of the time in the room we kept our shoes on at all times. Upon checkout we again went to the desk to complain and were met with not even any offer of compensation or even a SORRY WE will not return until either they contact us or at the very least upgrade

Room Tip: The only good rooms are on the first level Loks like "long term" residents on upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fingerlakes09
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Lancaster Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

Dear guest
We always hope that our guests enjoy their stay with us, and regret that yours was not, and are sorry to lose your patronage. However we need to contradict your statements regarding the hotel renovations. The rooms were renovated in March and April 2015, and upon completion of the work, we had someone shampoo the carpets in All the rooms including yours. As far as the outdoor pool is concerned, let me assure you that the filters are turned on, and if you follow the reviews, 99% of them praise our pool for its cleanness. Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience and wish you the best in your future hotel.