“BEWARE!”

Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed January 3, 2009

STAY AWAY from this place! Our return trip to MA took longer than expected...we were tired...checked on hotels in our GPS. Called several and had trouble finding a "pet friendly" hotel. This place was "pet friendly" so we decided to go there. Upon entering the room, the smell was terrible. It was the dirtiest hotel room I had ever been in. It was late and we were tired. We decided that we would tough it out. There were people coming and going all night long. Doors slamming....people arguing. Cars speeding into the parking lot. I laid awake all night long waiting for the bullet to come through the wall. The bedding, the pillows, the floors were dingy and terribly worn. The bathroom door was filthy from handprints. The lock on the door was marginal so we stacked furniture in front of the door. I've stayed in many hotels and motels and have never felt so unsafe. There was another family leaving early the next morning. They also could not wait to get out of this terrible nightmare. When we went outside, there were beer cans shrewn all over the parking lot. I had the feeling that this place is used as a "welfare motel". It should be closed down by the Lancaster Board of Health.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank swiftriver
MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

We take comments as yours seriously! Management has changed recently and we are trying to improve our service and amenities. Please feel free to call me at 717-397-4201 (or) via email at travelodgepa@ymail.com.

Warm regards,
MG Patel

There are newer reviews for Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge

Reviewed November 26, 2008

We stayed here for one night and did not sleep from 1am - 5am. The room next to us were loud and ended up in a fight. They were banging on our door, screaming outside, and when it turned physical the front desk finally called the police (at 3am). One person was asked to leave, while the other one stayed. The loud voices continued. We called the front desk to complain at various times throughout the night. They did very little to assist the other guest who had to put up with the fighting. The front desk actually copped an attitude with us!! When we complained to management they offered us a 10% discount! wow!! 8 bucks for no sleep!!! Eight days after staying there my credit card was charged a second time. Management told me that they had a computer virus. It's been 10 days and I have not been refunded yet. Had to put a dispute in with my credit card company. Do yourselves a big favor and stay at another hotel!!! The 10 bucks more would be worth it!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ononotu

Warm regards,
MG Patel

Reviewed September 29, 2008

This hotel is very cheap and the room reflected this. Our friends who we were travelling with had 4 room changes before they found a room with the plumbing working. It is not within easy walking distance to restaurants etc and I would recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank julphil
Reviewed October 18, 2006

We stayed in this hotel because we were tired and were not able to find a convenient hotel nearby. Lateron we noticed several hotels in the Gettysburg area so you would better drive to Gettysburg.

First they gave us room 110 which was not very clean. Toilet was not cleaned at all and they were so friendly to gave us room 109.
We used a coupon for checkin and we paid almost 60 USD.

The hotel has nothing special. It's even noisy outside with people chatting on the parking lot.
I tried to use the wireless internet but only when I put my laptop in the window I was able to catch some coverage. Seems they only have a wireless-device in the lobby which can't make it to the rooms.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank kevertje
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Rm 217 AC conked out after 2 hrs and carpet had possible aniimal poop stain. Owner only gave $6 discount for no AC. We didn't sleep with the kid well because of the heat. Very dirty place. Pay the $12 more for a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank ordmd
Reviewed October 16, 2005

On Oct 15th, my family and I stayed at the Travelodge. On entering the room there was a slight smell to the room. The bathroom could do with a little more cleaning especially the shower stall. The only decent thing is that each room comes with a fridge, microwave and coffee pot.

Also, at night, some of the guest seemed to prefer the parking lot to their rooms, they stayed out there all night and there was no security to tell them to go back to their rooms. If you can I would suggest you stayed some where else.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank ebrewster
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburg, PA
Reviewed June 28, 2005

Our stay at this motel was the most pleasant one. We came to lancaster for a family reunion and planned to stay at this location because it was about 30 miles from hershey and about 8 miles from all the Amish Farms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The best part of my stay was that we had 5 rooms and the front desk gave us rooms all right next to each other. The staff was extremely friendly and helped us with any needs or questions that we had. I would recommend this place to everyone. For the price that we paid, I think that our stay here was worth it.

• Stayed: June 2005