Due to a mixup in our prior reservations we got 3 rooms at this establishment while we were in town to see the sight and sound theater. It was the only hotel that wasn't completely booked up since it was a holiday weekend. We had no expectations that this would be the Hilton but we would have liked rooms which did not smell bad and were at least not in a crime ridden location.
First the smell. Our room smelled like old cigarette butts eventhough it was a non-smoking room. My Mom and sister-in-law's room smelled like mold. So the first thing we did was buy some Lysol spray and continuously sprayed that into the air conditioning vents to try and get some of the smell out.
Now the neighborhood. We stayed in the hotel 2 nights. On the first night there were guests who literally were wrestling and slamming into the walls all night. Since they were yelling and screaming we were afraid to call the front desk because we were worried what they might do if they knew someone complained. When we went out the next morning, someone had sprayed shaving cream all over some of the cars. The next day some police showed up and knocked on the door a few doors down. They interrogated some young man and then took him away in their squad car. Since we were on the second floor we had to walk between the young man and the police officer to get down to our cars which was more than a little uncomfortable, especially since we were traveling with 2 teenage girls.
On the plus side, and what prevents me from giving this place 1 star, is that the rates are very cheap and the beds were very comfortable.
Overall, this was quite a learning experience. I found that oftentimes budget hotels are that for reasons I never would have imagined. I'll pay a few bucks more just to be safe and walk out with my sinuses intact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- --> Best Acomodate in town, Pet Friendly, Free Continental Breakfast, Free Hi Speed Wireless Internet, Out door Swimming Pool, Microwave & Refrigerator in all the rooms, Flat Screen TV in all rooms, --> Close to Downtown Lancaster--> 8 Miles From Amish Country--> 10 Miles From Dutch WonderLand--> 20 Miles From Hershey Chocolate World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge Hotel Lancaster
- Amish Country Travelodge Hotel Lancaster
- Travelodge Lancaster
- Travel Lodge Lancaster
- Lancaster Travelodge
- Lancaster Travel Lodge