“This hotel is OK for spending the night cheap. Rooms need a...”

Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Saint Petersburg
“This hotel is OK for spending the night cheap. Rooms need a...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is OK for spending the night cheap. Rooms need a complete makeover. Other than that would not recommend

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
7.8.13
Dear Thomas from St Petersburg Florida,
I am sorry that during the 13 days you and your family spent here, you did not find anything satisfactory. Reviews like yours even if they are negative help us see where we can improve the quality of our business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I booked the room from the internet. We booked the hotel mainly because it was dog friendly. First , the door of my room must have been kicked in prior to us staying there. The security lock was broken and never repaired. Therefore the door did not open and close properly. There was an inch gap so we could see the outside and here the noise. When I saw the room it was filthy and needed total remodeling. I went to wash my hands in the bathroom and blue water started to fill in the sink. My husband said they tried Draino and they needed a snake. The showerhead in the shower hit me in the forehead and I'm short! I didn't want to take my shoes off or sleep in the bed. We left immediately the next morning. I'm trying to spare anyone else from what I went through. Also my husband was approached by to seedy men as we were leaving. They were claiming someone at the hotel stole there money. My was polite, but came in the room shaken and said let's get out of here. If I could a book it would be called "Nightmare on Columbia Ave," Don't they have a "Board of Health" out there?

Room Tip: Never go there unless you hate yourself!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
7.09.13
Dear guest
On Friday morning I had a long talk with your husband Aaron when he came for breakfast, and he told me that he liked the room and the hotel. He reported the issue with the sink but asked us to wait a little bit because of the dogs in the room. He was supposed to let us know when maintenance could get in but he never did. Later on during the day I received several complaints from other guests complaining about your dogs barking all night long. You were informed of the situation and decided to check out. I am sorry that you were upset about the noise complaints but the other guests have every right to expect a peaceful and restful sleep.

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This stay was a suprising pleasant experience, at the end of the day the place was packed, which is understandable once you stay there. The managemment and staff were really accommodating and the whole complex was very clean, the unit showers were great, which
just proves that just because something has a little age on it doesn't mean its bad.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are available, don't know if no pet rooms are available. Don't know if dis...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7.8.13
Dear Virginia,
Thank you very much for your nice review. Please come again soon.
Brodnax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After perusing on the internet for a cost effective motel, I stumbled upon this hotel. I was leary of the great price (discounted if you stayed more than 2 nights) and had told my mom and friend not to expect much for the price we were paying. Boy was I happy to say that we were thrilled with the accommodations! While it is an older hotel, we opened our door to a fresh, clean room with comfortable beds! It even had a new tv, microwave and a good sized frig which were all nice features for the cheap price! The staff was so nice and we enjoyed our conversations at breakfast with the front desk clerk Brigitte who who was more than happy to answer any questions we had (and we had a few)! It was a little off the beaten path if you are expecting to stay right on top of the outlets and Amish Country, but it only took a few minutes to get anywhere we wanted to go! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. The road is a heavily traveled one and is a little noisey.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candi418
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
7.2.13
Dear Ladies from Virginia,
Thank you for this glorious review. Let me return the compliment, the three of you had a wonderful sense of humor. You seemed to enjoy your mini vacation the way it should be enjoyed. You were funny and entertaining and I enjoyed talking to you. Hope to see you soon.
De Forest
Reviewed June 30, 2013

good hotel for the money. comfy beds and nice tv are a big plus. very small reception and breakfast area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brigitte H, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
7.2.13
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you appreciated the amenities of the hotel.
New York
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We boooked this hotel partly because they had a pool - only beware! it doesnt open until 11:00 am each day irrespective of how hot and sunny it is! When we enquired why it wasn't opened until so late we were told by the manager that it was so because they didnt want guests staying on the morning they booked out ..... seems to me that this place is being run for the benefit of the staff and not the paying guests!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
7.1.13
Dear Charlotte,
I am sorry that due to your busy sighseeing schedule the two days you spent in Lancaster County, you did not have an opportunity to use the pool as often as you would have liked. For our future guests, the outdoor pool is open daily from 11am to 9 pm as long as the weather cooperates. These hours give enough time for the guests to enjoy the pool in Summertime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Knights Inn Lancaster PA
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
#25 of 39 in Lancaster
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!